Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a lot better than what I expected. I listened to it with good headphones and turned the volume up and it sounded great! Can only imagine how great it would sound in a cinema with the speakers there!

And man, that band sounds great! Looking forward to this :)

Agreed, this band does sound great and Axl's voice isn't as bad as some would like others to believe. Remember, the voice is a tricky instrument, a lot more variables go into a good performance than just one's ability and technique, especially for a voice like Axl's.

Guaranteed this gets cancelled like the other one(s) were.

And if it for some reason doesn't (it will), wow, Axl's got some balls...I'll give em that much... :lol:

Sorry, but shitty performance is shitty :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

I don't care what anyone says the demonic laugh at 5:09 and the scream before it is awesome. :shades: He's had better performances but this is hardly a disaster.

This. We know from past shows that his performance on a select few songs, including Paradise City, is not consistently good. I don't think this one was too bad (other than the start), but like most shows there will be a bunch of other songs where he sounds really good.

I don't think he sounds nearly as bad as some do. I think this DVD is definitely coming out. With the O2 show GNR was doing no promotion on twitter, facebook, etc. whatsoever. It's pretty clear that show's recording was not done by the band's production crew. The fact that they've been hyping this on Facebook...I think it's definitely coming out.

I think it rocks!

Listen to it with headphones or earplugs. Drums and guitars are really loud, and I like Axl's voice. Switch between clean and raspy actually works.

The footage is edited in a way that showcases the enrgy and the characters, and I must say I'm not against the dancers :)

I will definitly buy this when/if it comes out!

Despite all the crap you can read, it's a good time to be a GN'R fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tp9QYBhRAw0

Edited by NicoRourke

While I think it was a great move to film/release one of the Vegas shows as opposed to the O2, I can't help but wish a show from 2010 would have been filmed and given a release. Axl sounds listenable here, as others have mentioned, and it's certainly not his worst performance from the last couple of years, but at the same time I wish he would have given it just a bit more knowing it would be filmed. I'm with those who believe he just "saves" the rasp because it probably hurts to sing like that steady nowadays, but since he'd know this is being filmed, if anything it's one of those times to go all out and just give it. Still, the band sounds great and I look forward to seeing the whole thing. Perhaps Axl will surprise us and pull a "Live Era" to fix some things.

The Iconic Guns N Roses performing GNR's classic "Paradise City", before a sold out crowd live at the Hard Rock Las Vegas, during the Band's highly acclaimed Vegas residency, "Appetite For Democracy" 3D Concert Film is scheduled for worldwide release in Cinemas,TV Broadcast and DVD release in 2013 . GNR's first Live Concert Home Video -DVD release in over 20 Years ! Produced by Barry Summers

The final DVD and Cinema version will be mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround. Musically, this is a very tight live performance. We look forward to you experiencing the fully mixed and edited concert film/ DVD ! For now, enjoy this rare captured treasure from a true Legend and great band ! (unmixed)