Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say bumbles guitar tone is weak in paradise city. Fortus did a great job though he deserves more solos, that raw tone is what guns are about. Ashba I can play that solo 10x better and i dont get paid 10's of thousands for each concert I do

All these judgements on vocals and guitar tone from one unmixed (mono) end of the night song! Come on people, ease up a bit. Repeating the same old negative crap is not gonna change the positivity some people choose to have in regards to GNR. Judging from the unmixed audio, I cant wait for the 5.1 mix. Also I thought it was kinda cool to hear "shredding" coming from Ashba. My opinion on his playing was neutral but I'm starting to realize he's a better player than some make him out to be.

Edited by Inprovinoff

All these judgements on vocals and guitar tone from one unmixed (mono) end of the night song!

What, is Axl's rasp hiding in the other audio channel?

Oh get over yourself already! The unmixed (mono) reference was for the guitar tone. End of the night reference was for the vocals and you know it. You will find anything to spin into a negative comment and honestly it's really old and unoriginal. 5.1 will hopefully bring out all sorts of awesomeness. Axl does not sound as bad as you desperately reiterate every chance you get. Broken record much?

Honestly, Axl sounds fine here.

Haters gonna hate.

Wait until they hear Civil War, Catcher or Jungle.

Catcher is gonna be the real treat for me, cant wait! Seriously, why couldn't GNR just keep the camera crew around and capture the last 3 shows and compile the best of?

Read the comments of the Rolling Stone article plugging this if you all still think Axl's performance "wasn't that bad" (lmfao), and that this is a good idea to release for public consumption. Almost every single comment posted was negative.

As if the general public consensus of Axl's current venture isn't bad enough already...

http://www.rollingst...n-city-20130122

It'll get cancelled. Sure as day. Unless Axl is a complete delusional twat to think this is a good idea.

Edited by Bobbo

Read the comments of the Rolling Stone article plugging this if you all still think Axl's performance "wasn't that bad" (lmfao), and that this is a good idea to release for public consumption. Almost every single comment posted was negative.

As if the general public consensus of Axl's current venture isn't bad enough already...

Wow Axl is getting completely destroyed on that comment page

It does seem like a bit of a sabotage. They could have at least picked a song that Axl sounded good on to post.

Well, when there are none that's hard.

That XM broadcast from Vegas had 0 highlights and I deleted it from my hard drive after recording it.

Axl sounded good on The Seeker.

It'll get cancelled. Sure as day. Unless Axl is a complete delusional twat to think this is a good idea.

I don't think this an accurate gauge of a general consensus. If it was there would be no tickets sold and no demand for live shows. What I do think is that it is like this forum, everyone is waiting for the opportunity to cupcake. The same tired people spewing their negativity and the others tired of being spoken over. The people who believe in Axl learned a long time, save a few, to enjoy the ride (while it lasts) and not to feed the cupcakes. Its funny that it seems the cupcakes feed their own kind. Every person I spoke with at the shows I've seen seemed pretty positive about Axl and GNR which seems opposite to the "public consensus" you mention. Gather a consensus from actual GNR fans.

Edited by Inprovinoff

from the youtube info:

"Appetite For Democracy" 3D Concert Film is scheduled for worldwide release in Cinemas,TV Broadcast and DVD release in 2013 . GNR's first Live Concert Home Video -DVD release in over 20 Years ! Produced by Barry Summers

I hope this is the start of a productive year.

i hope we get some 2010 footage, when Axl was still a good singer

Gather a consensus from actual GNR fans.

Then that would not be a "general consensus" though

It would if it was a "general consensus" of GNR fans. ;) The fans are all that matter in this "hypothetical consensus" cos they are the one who buy tickets and commercial releases.

It would if it was a "general consensus" of GNR fans. ;) The fans are all that matter in this "hypothetical consensus" cos they are the one who buy tickets and commercial releases.

The majority of the world thinks Axl's a joke and will laugh at his horrid vocals on the video in this thread. Sorry to burst your bubble.

The majority of the world thinks Axl's a joke and will laugh at his horrid vocals on the video in this thread. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Yet they keep selling tickets! Your theory; debunked!