Paradise City - Appetite For Democracy

LuanVictor

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really laughable to see some people thinking that Axl's vocals are good or "great". :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Indeed...

de·lu·sion

(d

ibreve.gif-loomacr.gifprime.gifzhschwa.gifn)

n.

a.
The act or process of deluding.

b.
The state of being deluded.

A false belief or opinion:
labored under the delusion that success was at hand.

Psychiatry
A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness:
delusions of persecution.

It's really laughable to see some people thinking that Axl's vocals are good or "great". :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You repeating over and over and over that this is a terrible vocal will not convince others of your opinion. I've watched the performance twice now and I think he sounds fine. Not his strongest vocal, but certainly decent enough and calling it embarassing or out of tune simply isn't true. Drama for the sake of drama.

Edited by Towelie

Sure, his vocals aren't a powerful as they were in 2010, but his vocal's aren't the only thing that matters. It's a fuckin' live DVD from Guns N' Roses, that's all I care about. Sure, his voice could be much better, but it's going to be awesome to watch the concert on a big screen. Maybe even in 3D.

You repeating over and over and over that this is a terrible vocal will not convince others of your opinion. I've watched the performance twice now and I think he sounds fine. Not his strongest vocal, but certainly decent enough and calling it embarassing or out of tune simply isn't true. Drama for the sake of drama.

Considering this is going to be released worldwide I think it's important to release something great and not mediocre. Aside from my thoughts about this band, they sounded good but Axl killed the performance. How can they release this instead of something "great"? I don't know.

It's really laughable to see some people thinking that Axl's vocals are good or "great". :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Considering this is going to be released worldwide I think it's important to release something great and not mediocre. Aside from my thoughts about this band, they sounded good but Axl killed the performance. How can they release this instead of something "great"? I don't know.

I agree with you, but let's not kill the mood in here, heh? :)

It's really laughable to see some people thinking that Axl's vocals are good or "great". :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Just because you don't think it's great doesn't mean it isn't.

I agree with you, but let's not kill the mood in here, heh? :)

Fair enough! :)

Obviously not Axl's best performance, but I'm still excited.

And even though they keep saying DVD, it'll surely be released on both DVD and Blu-Ray. :)

If it's being released in 3D, I'm sure they mean 3D Blu Ray. Maybe one of the 3D channels on cable will be airing it.

Obviously not Axl's best performance, but I'm still excited.

And even though they keep saying DVD, it'll surely be released on both DVD and Blu-Ray. :)

If it's being released in 3D, I'm sure they mean 3D Blu Ray. Maybe one of the 3D channels on cable will be airing it.

Well technically DVDs can do 3D also, but it's done differently and obviously won't look as good.

How anyone can think Axl sounds good here is beyond me. Now I will admit that his voice is more stable, which lends support to the notion that this is how he is CHOOSING to sing, rather than this being the ONLY way he is able to sing.

Regardless, it just doesn't work. Axl singing like this sounds awful. The vocal just doesn't have the menace, anger, urgency and venom that is needed to make it sound like how it should. It reminds me of Myles Kennedy - the voice/delivery just doesn't do the song justice.

While I am not surprised that the cult drones here think this is great, I am surprised at other individuals thinking this is great, a rather depressing lowering of expectations and standards.

If this is a harbinger of what to expect in the years ahead I hope Axl see's the light and puts GNR down for good rather than embarrass himself any further.

How anyone can think Axl sounds good here is beyond me. Now I will admit that his voice is more stable, which lends support to the notion that this is how he is CHOOSING to sing, rather than this being the ONLY way he is able to sing.

Regardless, it just doesn't work. Axl singing like this sounds awful. The vocal just doesn't have the menace, anger, urgency and venom that is needed to make it sound like how it should. It reminds me of Myles Kennedy - the voice/delivery just doesn't do the song justice.

While I am not surprised that the cult drones here think this is great, I am surprised at other individuals thinking this is great, a rather depressing lowering of expectations and standards.

If this is a harbinger of what to expect in the years ahead I hope Axl see's the light and puts GNR down for good rather than embarrass himself any further.

The only embarrassing thing here is your professional trolling.

The only embarrassing thing here is your professional trolling.

you didn't watch the video, did you?