May 24th, 2013 - Pryor, OK: Rocklahoma

scans n' copies

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some are harsh. It's not going to be perfect. We are not listening to the actual album. He being 51...I think he does a pretty good job...especially after screaming songs for more than 25 years. Got to be tough on vocal cords.

He had 15 years off :)

Estranged

Really weak performance but damn, that crowd is fuckin' dead or what? :lol:

The Rocklahoma crowd tends to just sit there. Last year queensryche's lead singer Geoff Tate got angry about it, that was also the last concert they did before queensryche broke up.

It's a festival. Just there to see the band they're interested in and check out others I guess.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Someone reading this thread, who has not seen them perform live,

might think they are not that good (from some of the posts here)…

That is quite weird considering their show is one of the best there is, rock and not.

They are great live, go to see them if you can!

Edited by SR_GR

Sounds pretty good to me. Someone reading this thread, who has not seen them perform live,might think they are not that good… That is quite weird consideringtheir show is one of the best there is, rock and not.

I thought it sounded good :shrugs:

Sounds pretty good to me. Someone reading this thread, who has not seen them perform live, might think they are not that good… That is quite weird considering their show is one of the best there is, rock and not.

Yes! That is was what I was trying to say. Thank you for pointing it out.

They are amazing live on a normal to good night (when Axl is healthy),

but if you read comments here from about any show one might think that they are not.

YouTube does not really catch all of the greatness, but even YouTube from

Rocklahome sounds fine.

The kind of experience they give me live is like nothing else.

Other than GNR I have had "wow effects" (milder ones) twice from

music performances and twice from theater type performances.

I have been going to concerts and theater from the time I was 3-4 years old...

He can't even do the first half of Estranged anymore

He's out of breath - even more than the past.
Same ol complainers, never happy. they sit in a hole... until there is a GNR show, give it a listen, with complete negativity of course, out of the hole they burst, onto this forum ready to bash Axl.

That said.... Shut up.

Edited by GNRFan53

Sounds pretty good to me. Someone reading this thread, who has not seen them perform live, might think they are not that good… That is quite weird considering their show is one of the best there is, rock and not.

Yes! That is was what I was trying to say. Thank you for pointing it out. They are amazing live on a normal to good night (when Axl is healthy),but if you read comments here from about any show one might think that they are not.YouTube does not really catch all of the greatness, but even YouTube fromRocklahome sounds fine. The kind of experience they give me live is like nothing else.Other than GNR I have had "wow effects" (milder ones) twice frommusic performances and twice from theater type performances.I have been going to concerts and theater from the time I was 3-4 years old...

Yes, there are some that feel impelled for some reason to dig and discredit everything GNR, unfortunately.

Good thing their opinions dont matter in the grand scheme of things.

Been a Gunner since 88'

They sounded really good Friday, even on the utube clips, which never sound as good as they do live.

:thumbsup:

Why did you feel you needed to include this?

Leave the personal attacks off, they did nothing wrong.

He can't even do the first half of Estranged anymore

He's out of breath - even more than the past.
Same ol complainers, never happy. they sit in a hole... until there is a GNR show, give it a listen, with complete negativity of course, out of the hole they burst, onto this forum ready to bash Axl.That said.... Shut up.

You got it!

but if you read comments here from about any show one might think that they are not.

Rocklahome sounds fine.

Saw GNR twice in two years and thought both times Axl the band were freakin awesome. Axl had a lot of energy and the band was spot on.

giving every band member time to shine is amazing too. This does prove that Axl is very comfortable with the band he has now and each one delivers.

Bottom line GNR have some of the greatest songs ever written and performed, so if you're a GNR fan, you're going to love their show. Hands down.

And I've been going to shows since my teens and saw some of the greatest rock bands in the 70', 80's, 90's and 2000' up until now.

Rocklahome sounds fine.

Saw GNR twice in two years and thought both times Axl the band were freakin awesome. Axl had a lot of energy and the band was spot on.

giving every band member time to shine is amazing too. This does prove that Axl is very comfortable with the band he has now and each one delivers.

Bottom line GNR have some of the greatest songs ever written and performed, so if you're a GNR fan, you're going to love their show. Hands down.

And I've been going to shows since my teens and saw some of the greatest rock bands in the 70', 80's, 90's and 2000' up until now.

So right.

Yes! That is was what I was trying to say. Thank you for pointing it out. They are amazing live on a normal to good night (when Axl is healthy),but if you read comments here from about any show one might think that they are not.YouTube does not really catch all of the greatness, but even YouTube fromRocklahome sounds fine. The kind of experience they give me live is like nothing else.Other than GNR I have had "wow effects" (milder ones) twice frommusic performances and twice from theater type performances.I have been going to concerts and theater from the time I was 3-4 years old...

Saw GNR twice in two years and thought both times Axl the band were freakin awesome. Axl had a lot of energy and the band was spot on. giving every band member time to shine is amazing too. This does prove that Axl is very comfortable with the band he has now and each one delivers. Bottom line GNR have some of the greatest songs ever written and performed, so if you're a GNR fan, you're going to love their show. Hands down. And I've been going to shows since my teens and saw some of the greatest rock bands in the 70', 80's, 90's and 2000' up un

il now.

Cool! Who have you gotten to see?

Actually I thought they sounded better at Rocklohoma than some gigs I was actually at in 91... Certainly more cohesive :lol:

It's cool for everybody to be able to showcase their own talent.

Hope the weather slacks off and doesn't affect the gig tonight!