May 24th, 2013 - Pryor, OK: Rocklahoma

scans n' copies

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck that is an ugly coat!

As for the show - some people tweeting it was great sone didn't like it and one sorry bitch who is shocked she can't bring a professional camera to a concert (this is called normal!!). In other words normal for a festival. People go to see specific bands and just check out the headliner, some just won't like it

Yes expect Axl to sound good at a first show. Especially seeing how amazing he has been singing since 2010............

I'm only sticking around for updates on a new album. Which also won't be here untill 2070. Axl has been sounding awful lately, also at the shows I went to. The shows were great but even when you're there it's easy to hear the lack of rasp. Those who don't hear it are either drunk or singing along for a full 3 hours. No offense.

I like this setlist tho.

Say what you will about Axl's vocals...rasp, mickey mouse on youtube.....does the audience know they are at a rock concert? One guy headbanging?! ONE?! This isn't a "who can stand still the longest" contest.

I love USA! USA!, but we must have the most broing audiences compared to Europe and South America.

Any word on the tim they went on stage and how they were received?

Can't wait for SA tomorrow!

Edited by SALonghorn

I love USA! USA!, but we must have the most broing audiences compared to Europe and South America.

The audience expects more out of the shows. South America would be ecstatic if Axl came out and took a shit on the mic.

The audience wanted Nicki Minaj or The Wanted.

The audience expects more out of the shows. South America would be ecstatic if Axl came out and took a shit on the mic.

Or just someone that can perform their material without struggle. :shrugs:

OMG I'm still so tired after the show. The concert was good. The sound quality at the show wasn't great (not the bands fault) in fact, during the

BUSH set the sound went out completely for most of the first song. Axl sounded pretty bad during the first song (CD). He got better as the show

went on. To me, his higher range was off. The only song i think he was excellent on was This I love. Axl changed his shirt to one with a different

nude chick on it about every 30 mins or so. I feel as if he went less into his oxygen tent this time. I was surprised at that. There was at leat 1 solo

for each for guitarist and Seeker was a nice change. All in all, not bad. I enjoyed Estranged. It opened with CD and ended with Paradise, just like

always.....OK, Back to beddie bye. Peace.

Edited by 31illusions

I don't know how his voice was but to a person who's been to a Guns N' Roses, it's hard to believe that person won't get excited during Welcome To The Jungle even nowadays. What I'm saying is that Guns N' Roses had no place in that festival. Just like it'll be at the Governor's Ball. Most aren't there for Guns N' Roses, and decide they won't like Guns N' Roses before the concert starts. Guns N' Roses doesn't fit in these festivals at all. Go to a proper Guns N' Roses concert and see if people will act like that, even in the US, where good taste in music is even more difficult to see than in Rio.

OMG I'm still so tired after the show. The concert was good. The sound quality at the show wasn't great (not the bands fault) in fact, during the

BUSH set the sound went out completely for most of the first song. Axl sounded pretty bad during the first song (CD). He got better as the show

went on. To me, his higher range was off. The only song i think he was excellent on was This I love. Axl changed his shirt to one with a different

nude chick on it about every 30 mins or so. I feel as if he went less into his oxygen tent this time. I was surprised at that. There was at leat 1 solo

for each for guitarist and Seeker was a nice change. All in all, not bad. I enjoyed Estranged. It opened with CD and ended with Paradise, just like

always.....OK, Back to beddie bye. Peace.

Thanks for this. Now get some sleep!

I don't know how his voice was but to a person who's been to a Guns N' Roses, it's hard to believe that person won't get excited during Welcome To The Jungle even nowadays. What I'm saying is that Guns N' Roses had no place in that festival. Just like it'll be at the Governor's Ball. Most aren't there for Guns N' Roses, and decide they won't like Guns N' Roses before the concert starts. Guns N' Roses doesn't fit in these festivals at all. Go to a proper Guns N' Roses concert and see if people will act like that, even in the US, where good taste in music is even more difficult to see than in Rio.

Rio, the city that gave us Funk Carioca? LOL, it's ok to be brazilian, just don't be stupid about it. American have bad taste and so do we, stop acting like Brazil has great taste in musc or culture.

Axl or Axel......... no biggie. I don't trust the videos on Youtube at all. I've seen GNR enough times to know the show is good when you are there, almost 100% of the time. It is unfortunate that Axl may sound shitty to many of you on the videos, but c'est la vie. Truth is, when you are there, it typically is all good, as long as you are there as a fan and not there looking for fault. I can find fault in football games, baseball games, golf tournaments, nascar, F1, Food Network, or whatever... even GNR shows if I want... we all just want entertainment with this type of thing, and GNR brings it to the vast majority of people that attend. For those that don't appear to find entertainment, in all likelihood they were looking for something to bitch about and bring attention to themselves while at the same time unintentionally (or even intentionally) making themselves look like idiots for not even spelling the names of the stars correctly. And as you know, just bitching about something these days is considered entertainment. It is 50% of the internet. The bitchers got what they wanted. They too were entertained.

evader, I'm gonna have to completely disagree.

Yes, when you are at the show, it seems good. That's because of the atmosphere, the crowd, the way the sound is mixed, etc. you can't really focus on Axl's voice. I can't help but feel uncomfortable buying into the false reality that Axl's voice sounds awesome and that he's singing with his 'excellent raspy voice' when I'm at the shows. Axl knows that people believe he's singing with the scratchy voice when he's really not. One of the only ways of calling Axl out on this is by using YouTube videos and livestreams. These help us prove that Axl's singing isn't up to par. I just think it's wrong that he can get away with doing this for so long now. Making people believe he's singing well when he's really not.

That's a weak excuse. Guns N Roses are one of the most iconic bands of this generation. They used to sit up there with the Stones and Aerosmith.

Playing only to a crowd of GNR fans is probably the least objective way to judge the opinions. That's like asking people at Pizza Hut if they like Pizza.

Energy alone can win over a crowd. It's not like GNR were ever known for having good sound at the their shows or perfect performances. The vibe and energy carried them. Now, it's a band where the dwindling fanbase blames the audience and youtube. That by itself should be a clue.