May 24th, 2013 - Pryor, OK: Rocklahoma

scans n' copies

We gotta wait for the videos. People at the show are not exactly trustworthy. And this goes both ways, just read my Rock in Rio review and you'll see.

Exactly. And besides, it is not uncommon for the band to start a touring season not in top shape. Last tour got great reviews, I expect the same to happen to this tour.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people that have a bad experience are more likely to complain than those that didn't.

59 people commented on the feed, there are over 20,000 people there tonight to put it in perspective

Weel, these are obviously not GnR fans posting on the feed. But I see no reason why they would say he is singing bad if he wasn't.

We'll have to wait for the videos to see by ourselves, but my hopes aren't high.

And 40 minutes late is a improve, i think. Maybe he can make it to 30 in the next shows.

http://www.facebook.com/rocklahoma?fref=ts

Some comments on Axl's pic:"They sounded horrible.....we left early"

" Huge fan but I left early too. He sounded horrible and played songs no one cares to hear... Late on top of it but to be expected.. Crowd started leaving after two of new songs played. He is axel"

this is so bad...

:no:

The dramatic reactions here are funny sometimes.

Ali

Ali it always starts like this but as we know it gets more positive & he sounds better as he tours.

No, no he doesn't. He was consistently shit from 2011 through the beginning of this year.

I saw them in March & they were great, no way was he bad.

Can somebody tell me what these 'new songs' that commenter was talking about are??

Sounds like English is not their first language or they are bad at typing, why don't you pm them and ask them? Bet you'll find it was just a couple of songs they hadn't heard before.

Anyone spelling his name "Axel" cannot be trusted for any type of review. In all likelihood, they only vaguely remember 3 or 4 songs from GNR, and that alone should result in all their statements being ignored.

I disagree - I would say they are giving a completely objective view as to quality and not living in denial like most hardcore fans.

Shit singing sounds like shit singing. Fullstop.

Having said that, Axl has never been great on the first show of a tour leg. Hopefully he regroups and improves show-by-show like the last couple of runs.

Agreed that Axl has rarely been perfect on his first show of a tour, but I still think it is fair to say that anyone that spells his name as "Axel" after his 25+ years of "stardom" is either a) doing so on purpose to be a dick, or b) knows no more than 4 or 5 GNR songs and/or is probably just .... not very smart. Either way, my trust factor in their opinion disintegrates to zero almost immediately.

Looked at some of the pics of those people posting negative shit.

Know what's funny?...they look like the same BUSH fans that walked out at the festival I was at last year...erm, when Slash came on stage.

Guest bellastar2355

Know what's funny?...they look like the same BUSH fans that walked out at the festival I was at last year...erm, when Slash came on stage.

So?

So?

I think his point is they are not or ever were Guns fans

So?

Bush played before GnR, just sayin.

Not poppin the usual cupcake bubble here am I?

" Huge fan but I left early too. He sounded horrible and played songs no one cares to hear... Late on top of it but to be expected.. Crowd started leaving after two of new songs played. He is axel"

this is so bad...

Ali

Ali it always starts like this but as we know it gets more positive & he sounds better as he tours.

No, no he doesn't. He was consistently shit from 2011 through the beginning of this year.

Stop it with the "I was there!" bullshit. Find me a video other than maybe Philly 2012 where he doesn't sound awful.

Guest Gunns

I don't think there were many guns fans at the download festival a few years back, but Axl seemed to have won over the majority of the crowd by paradise city.

Guest bellastar2355

So?

Don't act like I'm cupcake just cause I'm questioning what you have to say

Guest Gunns

So?

and how does making an obtuse generalization based on some twitter posts from people who actually attended the show mean that they aren't being honest about their experience?

this is so bad...

Ali

Stop it with the "I was there!" bullshit. Find me a video other than maybe Philly 2012 where he doesn't sound awful.

You can't get good sound from those iphones or whatever they're called so it will never be as good as the show itself. We were front row right in front of the speakers & he sounded great, after all they are playing for the crowd that turns up - not for youtube. :bitchfight: