May 24th, 2013 - Pryor, OK: Rocklahoma

scans n' copies

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how his voice was but to a person who's been to a Guns N' Roses, it's hard to believe that person won't get excited during Welcome To The Jungle even nowadays. What I'm saying is that Guns N' Roses had no place in that festival. Just like it'll be at the Governor's Ball. Most aren't there for Guns N' Roses, and decide they won't like Guns N' Roses before the concert starts. Guns N' Roses doesn't fit in these festivals at all. Go to a proper Guns N' Roses concert and see if people will act like that, even in the US, where good taste in music is even more difficult to see than in Rio.

That's a weak excuse. Guns N Roses are one of the most iconic bands of this generation. They used to sit up there with the Stones and Aerosmith.

Playing only to a crowd of GNR fans is probably the least objective way to judge the opinions. That's like asking people at Pizza Hut if they like Pizza.

Energy alone can win over a crowd. It's not like GNR were ever known for having good sound at the their shows or perfect performances. The vibe and energy carried them. Now, it's a band where the dwindling fanbase blames the audience and youtube. That by itself should be a clue.

I disagree about the vibe and energy carrying them. They really played some kick-ass music with an incredible singer!

I don't know how his voice was but to a person who's been to a Guns N' Roses, it's hard to believe that person won't get excited during Welcome To The Jungle even nowadays. What I'm saying is that Guns N' Roses had no place in that festival. Just like it'll be at the Governor's Ball. Most aren't there for Guns N' Roses, and decide they won't like Guns N' Roses before the concert starts. Guns N' Roses doesn't fit in these festivals at all. Go to a proper Guns N' Roses concert and see if people will act like that, even in the US, where good taste in music is even more difficult to see than in Rio.

That's a weak excuse. Guns N Roses are one of the most iconic bands of this generation. They used to sit up there with the Stones and Aerosmith.

Playing only to a crowd of GNR fans is probably the least objective way to judge the opinions. That's like asking people at Pizza Hut if they like Pizza.

Energy alone can win over a crowd. It's not like GNR were ever known for having good sound at the their shows or perfect performances. The vibe and energy carried them. Now, it's a band where the dwindling fanbase blames the audience and youtube. That by itself should be a clue.

I disagree about the vibe and energy carrying them. They really played some kick-ass music with an incredible singer!

My point is that they could win over non-GNR crowds by the vibe and energy. So blaming the audience is a lame excuse. It's not like GNR are playing rap festivals.

I love USA! USA!, but we must have the most broing audiences compared to Europe and South America.

The audience expects more out of the shows. South America would be ecstatic if Axl came out and took a shit on the mic.

The audience wanted Nicki Minaj or The Wanted.

Or just someone that can perform their material without struggle. :shrugs:

How does GnR not fit in at a Rock Festival?? Granted not all came to see Guns like a normal show but to say they don't fit is rediculous.

I would agree w/ u for the Gov Ball but not Rocklahoma. Ill be at the Gov Ball so we'll see what happens.

I love USA! USA!, but we must have the most broing audiences compared to Europe and South America.

The audience expects more out of the shows. South America would be ecstatic if Axl came out and took a shit on the mic.

The audience wanted Nicki Minaj or The Wanted.

Or just someone that can perform their material without struggle. :shrugs:

Rio, the city that gave us Funk Carioca? LOL, it's ok to be brazilian, just don't be stupid about it. American have bad taste and so do we, stop acting like Brazil has great taste in musc or culture.

That's why I said "even more than Rio". Read it again.

Guest bellastar2355

181205_631912363504423_1949068373_n.jpg

Looks like a 1970's tuxedo jacket, only difference is the black satin lapels and customized shoulder decorations. :shrugs:tux203a.jpg

I love his smile.. but not a fan of the jacket

@EddieTrunk

A portion of all tickets sold going to those in need from the tornado in OKC area. Also auctioning off items all 3 days. Bush guitar got 3K

@EddieTrunk

Among the items being auctioned off today will be a signed guitar by @axlrose Can't wait to see what we raise with that later tonight

Edited by gunsguy