June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

@gunsguy: Sorry man. When the site was first launched and people were just getting the invites, one of the big questions was "who is 'The General'", and it appeared to be that Nick guy, who I thought was not part of the GNR camp?

I bet on a South American Tour or a co-headlining North American tour with Alice In Chains.

Or both.

AiC is headlining Uproar Festival this summer, and I would think Guns will be announcing US summer dates (to go along with the 4-5 shows already announced). So, don't count on it ;)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't need to announce an end of the year South American tour in April, would they? They could probably announce it a day in advance and still pull major sales.

An expansion of the current US dates, or at best an upward trek to Canada seems more plausible. Then again, they went from Australia to Lebanon.

Both Texan, House of Blues performances have been officially put out there already. I have a hunch this announcement will be about an expansion of a few US dates, to a full blown tour.

Sounds reasonable IMO

I would like to see em in Montreal again, that crowd was fucking insane

Thanks GG us Montrealers are the best :shades:

Why won't Axl and Beta allow the new band their chance to put their creative input on the GnR legacy?

The fans want new music. The band wants to create their own music. But for some reason, all Beta and Axl want to do is live off the band's past work.

Volcano, people aren't mad specifically because Axl is touring the world. They are dissapointed that their favorite singer has put out ONE album in the last 20 years. And instead of taking a few months to create another album, he instead is deciding to just keep touring and playing the old songs. Most bands at least occassionally release new music for their FANS TO ENJOY. Axl and Beta have decided to not go that route - and fans are dissapointed, because they would love to hear new music.

Why won't Axl and Beta allow the new band their chance to put their creative input on the GnR legacy?

The fans want new music. The band wants to create their own music. But for some reason, all Beta and Axl want to do is live off the band's past work.

Volcano, people aren't mad specifically because Axl is touring the world. They are dissapointed that their favorite singer has put out ONE album in the last 20 years. And instead of taking a few months to create another album, he instead is deciding to just keep touring and playing the old songs. Most bands at least occassionally release new music for their FANS TO ENJOY. Axl and Beta have decided to not go that route - and fans are dissapointed, because they would love to hear new music.

While I somewhat agree with you, I believe the plan was to "win" the general public (mainly in the USA) over again. Hence the UCAP and Vegas residency. They have gotten amazing reviews so I'm guess the fans are have enjoyed the concerts from 2012. It's really the hardcore fans that have gotten impatient. Hopefully with all the great reviews it is finally time to release the next chapter.

Ok, I think we've guessed everything that is possible for them to announce.

Edit: The General is the Paradise City admin. Since PC is an official social network, I think it's safe to assume that The General has some kind of affiliation with GNR.

Edited by ManetsBR

My money's on the official announcement of a boxset that includes a brand spankin' new album, the CD outtakes, live DVDs of a bunch of never before seen concerts, and a confirmation that Axl has fixed his voice and reconciled with Slash.

Don't forget Axl's autobiography.

My money's on the official announcement of a boxset that includes a brand spankin' new album, the CD outtakes, live DVDs of a bunch of never before seen concerts, and a confirmation that Axl has fixed his voice and reconciled with Slash.

If you're correct, I'll take the next flight to Canada to pay you a beer.