June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabio, they created the hype by tweeting that there would be an announcement. They rarely do that.

But, the tweet said there would be a concert announcement, correct? Not a tour announcement or announcement of another residency or anything else, right?

I'm just confused as to what people were actually expecting based off of the tweet. The GN'R Twitter account said concert announcement and a concert was announced. I understand HOPING for more, but I just don't see any more than a single concert announcement was hinted at.

Ali

What's your opinion on Axl making Steph take a dump in a litter box. I would love to hear your opinion on that. You seem to be able to defend anything Axl-related, it's hilarious..

Seeing that Erin denied that even happening, t isn't to hard to defend that lmao go back to blabbermouth.

Seeing that it didn't happen to Erin it happened to Steph (allegedly) your post makes no sense. Lololol.

I am attending for sure. Is this a GN'R gig or a festival thing? I confused lol.

Who is comin?

It's like a weekly concert series. So it's a festival site, but it's a GN'R gig ;)

Saw the Bosstones there last Summer, it's a cool place. It's in a park right outside the arena where the Sabres play, right on the shore of the lake. Worst thing about it is the I-290 overpass goes right over it, so every so often you might hear a big truck go over, but it's not a big deal.

Wow. This is where I live. Lol. And I was just talking to my buddy when we went to see bob Seymour at first niagara if he would ever see current "gnr" with me if they ever came to town. Freaky déjà vu shit man.

Needless to say, he said no.

If this were free, or if Axl had his 2010 voice I'd consider it.

Come off it. There have been several shows, of a similar calibre, announced to date without any pre-announcement hype. In fact, everything so far has been announced fairly under the radar with absolutely no tangible buzz.

'GN'R to make concert announcement @4PM' is another example of deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy. It is another case of ambiguity with multiple legitimate interpretations. This could have been and indeed was interpreted for a lot of people as plurally. 'Concert announcement' is a phrase that can be used plurally, as the tweeter would have been able to recognize assuming he holds an IQ greater than that of a walnut.

What we need as a community is a tweeter capable of not relaying everything with the integrity and exaggeration of a 14 year old fangirl. 'GN'R to add another US gig @4PM' would have avoided this unnecessary negativity.

Edited by NGOG

Buffalo seems like the perfect place to start the drive for five consecutive Chinese Democracy Tours.

it is not the chinese democracy tour, only because the name of the tour is chinese democracy tour, the stage has chinese decoration, they play songs from the album, doesn't mean it's the chinese democracy tour - Mister Laint Saurent

Guest bellastar2355

Wow. This is where I live. Lol. And I was just talking to my buddy when we went to see bob Seymour at first niagara if he would ever see current "gnr" with me if they ever came to town. Freaky déjà vu shit man.

Needless to say, he said no.

If this were free, or if Axl had his 2010 voice I'd consider it.

C'mon it's 43 bucks... you should go... here I am all mad they're not playing close to me :anger:

the stage has chinese decoration,

they play songs from the album

The Chinese imagery has been reduced significantly, in fact there is almost none at all, if any?

They also play songs from Appetite and Use Your Illusion. Technically speaking therefore, we are witness to the continuation of a tour from 20 years ago? This is transitional touring between records which isn't peculiar to the industry. At present it's nothing more than 'The GNR Tour'.

the stage has chinese decoration,

they play songs from the album

The Chinese imagery has been reduced significantly, in fact there is almost none at all, if any?

They also play songs from Appetite and Use Your Illusion. Technically speaking therefore, we are witness to the continuation of a tour from 20 years ago? This is transitional touring between records which isn't peculiar to the industry. At present it's nothing more than 'The GNR Tour'.

are you one of the band?

Come off it. There have been several shows, of a similar calibre, announced to date without any pre-announcement hype. In fact, everything so far has been announced fairly under the radar with absolutely no tangible buzz.

'GN'R to make concert announcement @4PM' is another example of deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy. It is another case of ambiguity with multiple legitimate interpretations. This could have been and indeed was interpreted for a lot of people as plurally. 'Concert announcement' is a phrase that can be used plurally, as the tweeter would have been able to recognize assuming he holds an IQ greater than that of a walnut.

What we need as a community is a tweeter capable of not relaying everything with the integrity and exaggeration of a 14 year old fangirl. 'GN'R to add another US gig @4PM' would have avoided this unnecessary negativity.

I agree it could have been worded differently. But, I don't think the tweet was as you said, "deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy" and I don't think that tweet, in and of itself, was creating any real "hype". Or, at least, I don't see how it can be said for certain it was a "deliberate" attempt to mislead anyone. Poorly worded? Sure. Deliberate attempt to mislead? Not anywhere near sure.

Ali

...whereas if this were the real deal that came here I'd be more than willing to pay top dollar to see them.

Hard for me to find any incentive to pay almost a full tanks worth of gas for a parody, especially when the only legit aspect is a sad shadow of what he was :shrugs:. Maybe if somebody scores me a free ticket and a ride ill change my mind.

Otherwise, Ill pass.

If I could trade places with you, I would Bella.

Edited by Bobbo

Ali - your answer is below from NGOG.

Ali your obsession with defending Axl's every move seriously makes you look ridiculous at times. Sometimes it's OK to just be honest and admit that Axl or Beta has done something silly. It really is. You don't have to praise their every move to prove your band loyality.

I don't see what the issue is here. Concert announcement doesn't mean tour announcement. If they play a show near me I will go and it will be the 5th time since 2002. I'm just glad they are doing something. The silent times were terrible.

Agreed. It could have been a bit more clear, as in "a new show announcement", or "a single concert announcement"'. But, like you, I didn't take it as a "tour" announcement.

Ali

Edited by Ali