June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

TheSeeker, on 30 Apr 2013 - 22:19, said:

Powerage5, on 30 Apr 2013 - 22:00, said:

Haven't been to that Artpark series in a few years...is that a new thing that they're charging? I don't mind, it'll probably keep the crowds down. Gonna check out Chicago and ZZ Top this year at Artpark...I wish Bad Company wasn't while I'm in Europe though :(

Artpark started charging because a couple years ago when it was free they got like 40,000 people for ZZTop and Lynard Skynard in consecutive weeks, and all the Lewiston residents complained that there was too many people, haha.

So the charge for admission is actually to keep attendance down.

gunsguy, on 30 Apr 2013 - 22:13, said:

>

TheSeeker, on 30 Apr 2013 - 20:53, said:

The Outer Harbor is a fucking joke. Imagine a giant abandoned parking lot.

I live in Buffalo - I will not be going to this.

They should have teamed up with Buffalo Place for a concert at Canalside - much nicer space for a concert outdoors in the city.

Can you explain specifically why you would not go to the venue?

It's a pain in the ass to get to, and since there's only one ramp to get in/out of the Outer Harbor, I'd expect no less than 3 hours delay getting in and out of there for a major concert. The Outer Harbor isn't even serviced by Buffalo's lightrail, so you can't even take a train to beat the crowds.

Not worth it.

The last show I went to at Artpark was Cheap Trick the week before that crazy Skynyrd one, and even that was crazy. Had to park over a mile from the amphitheater, took forever to get back to the Robert Moses Parkway, etc. Looking forward to smaller crowds, because it is a really cool venue :shades:

Artpark is especially bad sometimes because people bring chairs. If you dont bring one you end up being stuck in the back. Depends where they hold it

I too have been to the Outer Harbor and I dont think its that bad. Its a little removed but if you dont mind walking you can park further away. They have a decent amount of shows there. Good sound too.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can't be much worse than Ozzfest being held on an asphalt parking lot on a stinkin, blazing hot July day in Toronto. :lol:

Literally, a parking lot.

For those of you who have been to Sound Academy, that parking lot right across from the venue?...THAT is where they held Ozzfest!

Manson,Slipknot,Ozzy, Sabbath etc.

I saw so many ripped open knees and mangled legs,arms,elbows coming out of that pit, it was fucking nasty!

It's worth noting that you can see the concert for free if you have a boat.

Years ago, there was a waterfront bar at the Outer Harbor called The Pier and the local radio station WKSE would have an annual summer concert with national acts. I remember boats would be on the water outside the concerts and people would be partying :)

It can't be much worse than Ozzfest being held on an asphalt parking lot on a stinkin, blazing hot July day in Toronto. :lol:

For those of you who have been to Sound Academy, that parking lot right across from the venue?...THAT is where they held Ozzfest!

I saw so many ripped open knees and mangled legs,arms,elbows coming out of that pit, it was fucking nasty!

LOL what a joke!

Years ago, there was a waterfront bar at the Outer Harbor called The Pier and the local radio station WKSE would have an annual summer concert with national acts. I remember boats would be on the water outside the concerts and people would be partying :)

ok where can i rent a boat?

ok where can i rent a boat?

This looks cool:

http://www.moondancecat.com/

Also:

http://www.buffaloharborcruises.com/privatecharters.html

Edited by TheSeeker

so this was the big announcement? pff.

It is great for the people like me who can now see a show close to home, not so great for anyone else that can't, if they announced anything near you, YOU would be happy I would be sad. :)

Fabio, they created the hype by tweeting that there would be an announcement. They rarely do that.

But, the tweet said there would be a concert announcement, correct? Not a tour announcement or announcement of another residency or anything else, right?

I'm just confused as to what people were actually expecting based off of the tweet. The GN'R Twitter account said concert announcement and a concert was announced. I understand HOPING for more, but I just don't see any more than a single concert announcement was hinted at.

Ali

What's your opinion on Axl making Steph take a dump in a litter box. I would love to hear your opinion on that. You seem to be able to defend anything Axl-related, it's hilarious..

Seeing that Erin denied that even happening, t isn't to hard to defend that lmao go back to blabbermouth.

Erin denied that!? When?

It is great for the people like me who can now see a show close to home, not so great for anyone else that can't, if they announced anything near you, YOU would be happy I would be sad. :)

They should have just announced it rather that do what they did. This is one if biggest disappoints in recent GNR history (imo).

WTF...

I had no idea they ever held -anything- in that parking lot. They should have just held it at Downsview.

I guess renting a parking lot is cheaper, but...

They should have just announced it rather that do what they did. This is one if biggest disappoints in recent GNR history (imo).
Usually for these types of shows, promoters restrict when a show can be announced, in this case it was probably 5PM.

Usually for these types of shows, promoters restrict when a show can be announced, in this case it was probably 5PM.
They should have just announced it at 5pm then.

First people were bitching that all they would do is announce a show, not new music... Now they are bitching they didnt announce a full out tour

When is the last time GNR played a waterfront like this? Agreed its not the best outdoor venue in Buffalo in the summer, but what does that say about the area that we have so many options? Buffalo is coming back!

I'm stoked they are coming, so I dont have to dont have to drive 2hrs to another country to see them!

First people were bitching that all they would do is announce a show, not new music... Now they are bitching they didnt announce a full out tour

When is the last time GNR played a waterfront like this? Agreed its not the best outdoor venue in Buffalo in the summer, but what does that say about the area that we have so many options? Buffalo is coming back!

I'm stoked they are coming, so I dont have to dont have to drive 2hrs to another country to see them!

People aren't bithcing that they announced the show. People are upset about how the whole thing went down...

Guest NGOG

I agree it could have been worded differently. But, I don't think the tweet was as you said, "deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy" and I don't think that tweet, in and of itself, was creating any real "hype".

Are you aware that Nik Souris controls GNR's social networking? He is intricately involved in the development of 'backplane' software used by an ever growing number of artists. That is his purpose, he is schooled in social networking, i.e. the use of 'buzz' words, effective ambiguity, generally the art of PR through online media. I would accept your theory, if this was the first or second time we've found ourselves eventually disappointed by a poor, or in this crafty choice of words which creates a false sense of expectation. In the past they've said things like 'laying some tracks on Facebook'- it's all designed to achieve the greatest online buzz attainable.

People aren't bithcing that they announced the show. People are upset about how the whole thing went down...

let's not bitch and be grateful for what we have at the moment. an AWESOME concert in buffalo waterfront