June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it could have been worded differently. But, I don't think the tweet was as you said, "deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy" and I don't think that tweet, in and of itself, was creating any real "hype".

Are you aware that Nik Souris controls GNR's social networking? He is intricately involved in the development of 'backplane' software used by an ever growing number of artists. That is his purpose, he is schooled in social networking, i.e. the use of 'buzz' words, effective ambiguity, generally the art of PR through online media. I would accept your theory, if this was the first or second time we've found ourselves eventually disappointed by a poor, or in this crafty choice of words which creates a false sense of expectation. In the past they've said things like 'laying some tracks on Facebook'- it's all designed to achieve the greatest online buzz attainable.

I was not aware of who Nik Souris is and what he does. But, I don't think that is germane to my point. I agree completely that the intent was to generate buzz, no argument there. But, I don't see going from that to deliberately misleading, frankly. Could it have been worded better? Sure. Was the wording designed to create buzz? Sure. Was it designed to deliberately mislead the fanbase? I don't see that personally. Or, at least, I don't see how that is certain.

Ali

I agree it could have been worded differently. But, I don't think the tweet was as you said, "deliberately misleading the fanbase into a false frenzy" and I don't think that tweet, in and of itself, was creating any real "hype".

Are you aware that Nik Souris controls GNR's social networking? He is intricately involved in the development of 'backplane' software used by an ever growing number of artists. That is his purpose, he is schooled in social networking, i.e. the use of 'buzz' words, effective ambiguity, generally the art of PR through online media. I would accept your theory, if this was the first or second time we've found ourselves eventually disappointed by a poor, or in this crafty choice of words which creates a false sense of expectation. In the past they've said things like 'laying some tracks on Facebook'- it's all designed to achieve the greatest online buzz attainable.

I was not aware of who Nik Souris is and what he does. But, I don't think that is germane to my point. I agree completely that the intent was to generate buzz, no argument there. But, I don't see going from that to deliberately misleading, frankly. Could it have been worded better? Sure. Was the wording designed to create buzz? Sure. Was it designed to deliberately mislead the fanbase? I don't see that personally. Or, at least, I don't see how that is certain.

Ali

You are correct, it was not intended to piss anyone off, however everyone but the city it is would be.

They screwerd up the fans with the suspense. They know GNR fans expect more than one show in Buffalo. Stupid action from the band, thanks again Team Brasil.

99% of the world knows this!!!

But it is funny to watch guys like GG and Ali try and prove otherwise.

They screwerd up the fans with the suspense. They know GNR fans expect more than one show in Buffalo. Stupid action from the band, thanks again Team Brasil.

Completely ridiculous. It's like having CNN having a BREAKING NEWS headline and then talk about Taylor Swift's new perfume line.

Completely ridiculous. It's like having CNN having a BREAKING NEWS headline and then talk about Taylor Swift's new perfume line.

With the "reporting" CNN has been doing lately, this is entirely plausible.

The band is offering VIP packs that start at $170, and include early entry. Fuck that - it'll be like UCAP all over again where if you want to be on the barrier, you'll have to shell out for VIP.

Ill just get tix any word on presale? Or is it for nightrain only

Edited by gunsguy

The band is offering VIP packs that start at $170, and include early entry. Fuck that - it'll be like UCAP all over again where if you want to be on the barrier, you'll have to shell out for VIP.

Promoter presale tomorrow, on TM. Password for GA is GUNS, password for (promoter) VIP is ROSES.

Promoter presale tomorrow, on TM. Password for GA is GUNS, password for (promoter) VIP is ROSES.

Awesome thank you! Can you put those in spoiler tags pretty please?

I guess I'll buy my tickets tomorrow then! Thanks for the password P5!

No problem getting it off work. I was thinking July for some reason where the 5th is a Friday, but June 5th is a Wednesday.

Cool!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at this one :)