Fortus told Noise11 that while the album has mostly been completed it won’t be released this year but maybe in 2014

bumblecool

I don't doubt his word that it's "mostly completed"...

However, we need to keep in mind that Chinese was "mostly completed" a long time before it was released too.

Best thing is to let go of expectations and be pleasantly surprised if something happens down the road I believe.

Paul Cashmere is respected enough, but without a direct quote from Fortus, I don't hold a lot of stock in the article.

Even with a direct quote we all know that nothing Richard says means anything as long as Axl has final say. Even if he's pretty certain then we've all been around here long enough to take any of this with a pinch of salt. :)

Guest Gunns

Interesting that 4tus is talking about new music at the moment, right when his band, the dead daisies, is about to embark on an international tour.. either way its good news but unless it comes from the man himself, i'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited by Gunns

It's good if they say they're working on music, bad idea of saying when it'll be out. I think the concert DVD is playing a part in Axl getting the band back in the studio.

It just seems like they're going through the old stuff but not actually recording anything new. They'll prob. re-record a few things, finish some incomplete stuff.

I don't think they're going to wait until the album's done to put a new song out, I'm sure the band would love to have something new to play.

Maybe in 2014. Maybe not.

Maybe there is a new album. Maybe there is not.

It's embarassing to work for this band... Those guys look and sound like idiots for years now with such statements. They obviously have no respect for themselves.

From Ultimate Guitar-

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_guns_n_roses_album_nearly_complete.html

The new Guns N' Roses record is nearly complete - and it's only been five years since "Chinese Democracy" was released.

If five years seems a long time, it's nothing compared to the wait for their last album which took 15 years to release after 1993's "The Spaghetti Inccident?."

The update on their new record came from guitarist Richard Fortus, who told Noise 11 that the band have been busy in the studio and that most songs have been completed. He says it won't be released this year, but fans can look forward to a 2014 release if all goes to plan.

There's no sign exactly how many songs have been completed, or how many tracks will appear on the album, but it's the best sign yet that the production process is finally coming to a close.

And considering that "Chinese Democracy" cost a reported $13 million to produce, the new album is probably coming in under budget too.

Meanwhile, Gn'R have been posting new US tour dates, and are preparing to release a 3D concert film of their Las Vegas residency from last year, featuring bombastic performances of 34 songs spanning their whole career.

Why so long to release it?

There are still almost eight full months left in 2013. With soooo much left over material from the CD sessions, and five years since CD was released, why in the world should it take more than a year from now to put out another album? Especially when you have studio-rats like BBF and DJ in the band.

If it's gonna be more than a year for the next music release.......that release should be a double album.

It is pretty hilarious when you think that he is talking about a new album that consists of a bunch of songs that are probably all around 10 years old. I guess they need a little more MPC 2000 and sub bass though before Axl deems them to be finished.

Edited by Randy Lahey