Ashba or Adler....who would you rather be?

Birk

One life to live!  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you had the choice to live a life of one of them which would it be?? Steven Adlers drug infused life, and being there for the whole beginning of GNR, or be DJ Ashba with the current lineup of GNR.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the hate for DJ Ashba, good guitar player (ok, not the best but still serviceable) and seems genuinely positive most if not all the time.

Steven Adler on the other hand, seems braindead most of the time.

Edited by Bumblefeet

Two clowns. One a founding member of one of the best rock and roll bands of all time, played drums of the best hard rock album of all time, the other is a member of two bands: a cover band and an emo band and thinks he's on his way to rule the world. Still DJ. Steven is the dumbest motherfucker that has ever lived, I feel sorry for him, really. Damn.

Adler. The guy can take junk, OD and kill himself but he can always say, 'I played on Appetite for Destruction'; there are only four more people who can say that. He can die a happy man. In a hundred years time people will still be playing Appetite. Nobody remembers Addicted to the Friction in 2013 let alone a hundred years time!

Adler, because maybe he's a mess now but he's got all those old stories from the '80s. Not a knock on DJ but he seems more of a poser when it comes to his whole 'rawk n' roll' image - Adler actually lived that shit before it became a sort of fashion statement or marketing image or whatever. I mean, maybe there are some Adler experiences I'd want to forget, but it sounds like with all the drugs and alcohol he's already forgotten some of them. :(

This section is so DEAD. I come to a gnr forum to strictly talk hip hop these days. Sad.

It is actually worse other places than it is here, but not an overabundance of D&N happening lately :shrugs:

On Topic;

I would never, ever want to be anything Adler is :scared: