Josh Freese Talks About GN'R/ChiDem

mcmurray

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

That's what Slash does....cheap shots.
It's what Josh did too then right (he knew Axl hated Slash and still joined Slash). Cheap shot. Like Duff does, Bach, etc.....half the R&R world do- talk to Slash, play with him, respect him. All cheap shots right? I mean concert venues that Axl has played in allow Slash to as well. Total cheap shots. Everyone is after Axl. Shame on Slash & Josh for stooping so low. Ridiculous.

It is when you put into context with all the things Slash has said and done, that it makes you wonder why out of the drummers in the worlds did Slash *purposely* hire Josh Freese?!

Ok kids, sorry but you're wrong. What happens is Josh Freese is a very famous session drummer who works for a varied range of artists, from Avril Lavigne to NIN. He happens to have a good relationship with pretty much everyone in the music scene, including both Axl and Slash. He's very professional (or maybe he's just a fucking adult, unlike Axl). Slash was working with high-profile artists in his 1st solo album, why wouldn't he hire a high-profile drummer? Slash probably thought "if this guy is good for Axl, he's more than good for me".

I don't know why you hate Slash like you do, but you have to remember you are discussing professional adult musicians here, not posters with their idols as their avatar. Leave emotions aside.

Ok kids, sorry but you're wrong. What happens is Josh Freese is a very famous session drummer who works for a varied range of artists, from Avril Lavigne to NIN. He happens to have a good relationship with pretty much everyone in the music scene, including both Axl and Slash. He's very professional (or maybe he's just a fucking adult, unlike Axl). Slash was working with high-profile artists in his 1st solo album, why wouldn't he hire a high-profile drummer? Slash probably thought "if this guy is good for Axl, he's more than good for me".

I don't know why you hate Slash like you do, but you have to remember you are discussing professional adult musicians here, not posters with their idols as their avatar. Leave emotions aside.

Doesn't change the fact that Slash could have worked with any other drummer in the world.

It's petty and childish.

It's what Josh did too then right (he knew Axl hated Slash and still joined Slash). Cheap shot. Like Duff does, Bach, etc.....half the R&R world do- talk to Slash, play with him, respect him. All cheap shots right? I mean concert venues that Axl has played in allow Slash to as well. Total cheap shots. Everyone is after Axl. Shame on Slash & Josh for stooping so low. Ridiculous.

When did Bach work with Slash?

Are you actually comparing the relationship Duff has with slash with Josh's relationship?

Doesn't change the fact that Slash could have worked with any other drummer in the world.

It's petty and childish.

Are you actually comparing the relationship Duff has with slash with Josh's relationship?

What the fuck? It's not like Josh is famous for his work on CD or with GNR. He never even played a show with them, and none of his playing is on CD. I doubt Slash's decision had anything to do with his time in GNR.

Guys it's obvious that Slash hired Josh not for his drum skills but so that he could get ten year old inside information on Axl!

It's not worth arguing with these people who hate Slash. They are either kids or (even stranger in Volcano's case, a dude who saw Gn'R in the 90's) guys who are hoping to get party passes by bashing Slash. I'll admit they do a good job at getting us old-timers riled up.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, but I have been too busy here. I did get to finish this story, though, which is fabulous:

I love Buckethead, but one of the funniest things about him is his love for Disneyland. [...] When I first met him, I go, "So Warren says you like Disneyland, you go there often", "Yeah", "When was the last time you went there?", "I went there on Monday." It was, like, two days ago. [...] "You know what I do there sometimes, man, I've recorded my own versions of the soundtracks to certain rides with me playing guitar and I go in there with my own walkman or whatever and when I go to the "Haunted Mansion" I listen to me playing the 'Haunted Mansion', and when I go to 'Pirates of the Caribbean' I listen to me playing 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. And I am like, "Shit, man," sitting there, trying not to crack up, "That's cool!" And I go, "What do you do on 'Space Mountain', man?" I was trying to trip him up because there is no music on 'Space Mountain'. "Ah, there's no themes off that ride so it's just me going off, man, it's just me soloing." [Laughter] He's the best, I love him. [PodOmatic, April 2013].

That's awesome! :lol:

From the same interview.

Jesus, this is pure gold. Towards the end they are talking about how Buckets obsessed with Disney. So Josh is talking about when he first met him, and Josh goes "so I hear you like Disney", then Bucket responds "yeah". Josh then asks "cool, so when did you last go?"... and Bucket responds with "Monday", which was like 2 days ago, lol.

Classic!!!... :)

Edited by One.In.A.Million

It's petty and childish.

2008 they did or atleast publicly talked about it. And I thought Bach was one of the 1st to try out for VR? Also- apparently Ron agrees that jamming with Slash wouldn't be anything other than musicians having fun. ""I mean, I wasn't that worried about it, because I'm just like, 'You know what?! Whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen.' You've just gotta kind of trust your gut in situations. And honestly, no matter what, the world is not gonna crumble. It's a bunch of musicians jamming and having fun. Ultimately, that's all it's about." **Brian May worked with Axl on CD. Now he's a total cheap shot too. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/brian-may-slash-badgers/ Edited by Snowmass

You would lick Axl's butt if he asked you, wouldn't ya? Cmon. Just admit it. :awesomeface:

You would lick Axl's butt if he asked you, wouldn't ya? Cmon. Just admit it. :awesomeface:

Would you watch?

• Like 1

Would you watch?

THAT'S the deal breaker?

The thing that Slash does is play guitar.

And the thing that Josh Freese does is play drums. It isn't out of the question, or irrational, or improbable over the span of however long they have been playing music to cross paths at some point and do what musicians do - play music. Anything else is really just mere trite extrapolation

Listened to the whole GNR bit on the podcast in the original link, cool to know Josh got to see the Tokyo show in '09. Shame that Axl was bummed about Freese playing with Slash, but then again he hadn't spoken to Josh since '99 or so. Speaking of '99, that seems to be the real year of frustration for Freese and Finck. They seem to be happy with progress in '98, but I guess there were no lyrics by '99, or early '99 at least? I get the impression that the first recorded vocals came late '99.

Then I guess the guys in Aerosmith are a bunch of dicks too then. Cause Slash had played with those guys within the past few yrs. But then we see Axl and Steven Tyler at a party together.

Some of you guys pull such stupid shit out of your asses.

I haven't followed Kings of Chaos that closely,but has Sebastian and Slash played at the same time?I know both have been involved with the project.

Edited by SweetRose