So what will happen here when a new album drops?

alfierose

If everyone is bored because they want new music what will this forum be like when that happens?

Will there be 200 page threads intellectually discussing the nuance of every lyric or will people be like 'Meh, it's alright I suppose' and go back to creating topics about Axl's boat and moustache?

I wasn't here when CD was released so genuinely interested as to what will happen to the forum at the next release.

*for the sake of this thread I am assuming there will be a release.

It will be like when Chinese Democracy was released, everyone will go bat shit and there will be dozens of topics with hundreds of pages untill the board eventually crash.

The forum will explode.

When the album came out there were hundred-page threads. Same with the antiquiet leaks. CD.com created a sub-forum just to discuss the tracks individually. The second we get new material, we're happy.

Precisely. I think we should make a strike until there's new music.

Edited by ManetsBR

It will be like when Chinese Democracy was released, everyone will go bat shit and there will be dozens of topics with hundreds of pages untill the board eventually crash.

The forum will explode.

When the album came out there were hundred-page threads. Same with the antiquiet leaks. CD.com created a sub-forum just to discuss the tracks individually. The second we get new material, we're happy.

Precisely. I think we should make a strike until there's new music.

So we do all have something to look forward to then. I love the drama of something big happening. I'm rather anticipatory about it. They had better not let me down. ;-)

IF an album drops, some will claim its the greatest album of all time, most will probably hate it, and some will think it's pretty good. There will be discussion threads for every song, and tons of made up and exaggerated sales figures will be tossed around and compared to Contraband and Apocalyptic Love.

IF an album drops, some will claim its the greatest album of all time, most will probably hate it, and some will think it's pretty good. There will be discussion threads for every song, and tons of made up and exaggerated sales figures will be tossed around and compared to Contraband and Apocalyptic Love.

:lol: The only truthful and honest answer.

If it features songs from BH/Finck era and features them then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say it is old and not "current" gnr

If it features songs from BH/Finck era and doesn't feature them but rather BBF? DJ then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say that it is still old songs and written by current gnr

If it is all new songs by current members then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say that DJ hijacked the band and that the old songs should have been released.

If it features songs from BH/Finck era and features them then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say it is old and not "current" gnr

If it features songs from BH/Finck era and doesn't feature them but rather BBF? DJ then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say that it is still old songs and written by current gnr

If it is all new songs by current members then cupcakes (or is it nutters) will say that DJ hijacked the band and that the old songs should have been released.

Basically, a small group will complain no matter what happens.

The key is to not be concerned with those people's opinions!!!!

Some great answers guys. I will continue waiting patiently for a new album and the enactment of all the above scenarios. I think it's going to be good. We could have a virtual street party when it happens. I will bring sausage rolls and wine. :-)

ill be buying both the CD and Vinyl just like i did when Chi-Dem came out, then take a few days off work to listen to it

take a few days off for an album release? seriously?

Just what I was thinking, who does that? It'll take an hour or two to listen too.

Edited by rosehudson

I really think, at this point, an album of leftover Chinese Democracy era tracks would be more warmly received (or at least given a better first chance) than a truly new album. I think at the very least, people are curious about what the current lineup could do in the studio, but we have heard enough interesting things from Axl, band members, producers, and other musical contributors to call the Chinese Democracy era of music valuable. As ridiculous as this sound, I think the song that will finally satiate peoples' interest is "The General." Whether it sucks or not, it's the song we've been pointed to as being a summation of Axl's songwriting career, and I think we're all interested to hear the song cycle of 1998-2007 completed.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

I hope all the people who have been mocking others for believing in a new record will feel really, really stupid. As they should.

I don't know that I've mocked others, but even if I have I wouldn't feel stupid. I'd be excited that I was wrong. Some of us don't live in Arguing-with-People-All-the-Time-Land.

On Topic: If an album drops, this place will go batshit. I won't want to read anything anyone writes until I've formed a solid opinion on my own.

I really think, at this point, an album of leftover Chinese Democracy era tracks would be more warmly received (or at least given a better first chance) than a truly new album. I think at the very least, people are curious about what the current lineup could do in the studio, but we have heard enough interesting things from Axl, band members, producers, and other musical contributors to call the Chinese Democracy era of music valuable. As ridiculous as this sound, I think the song that will finally satiate peoples' interest is "The General." Whether it sucks or not, it's the song we've been pointed to as being a summation of Axl's songwriting career, and I think we're all interested to hear the song cycle of 1998-2007 completed.

the red panda outtakes and demos ?