June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

Perhaps this suggests the Governor's Ball is going to be taken quite seriously?

Axl could show up to that show with his 93 voice and debut 10 new songs and that crowd would still shit on him.

Is the GB going to be streamed?

Edited by bacardimayne

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NGOG

Anyone that would rather see this band play after Nas, and to 30, 000 people who probably don't even care about the band over a 600 person venue filled with die hards is a complete moron.

That's an assumption; there will clearly be GNR fans comprising the overall attendance. The industry aren't going to be willing to take seriously a band which exclusively play to small sects.

Looking forward to the post-show rant, Magisme!

Looking forward to providing it.

As to your question about the excitement, for me it's all about the 600 capacity and Axl sounding a bit better recently. But if I'm within striking distance when DJ does Hogan ears, things could go awry.

Grogan must be a fun guy to have at a party

Seriously some people in here are bitching just because they need to hear themselves whine. GNR could still do an MSG show but no doubt the festival gig means they cannot do a solo show within X number of miles for a certain period of time. Almost all festivals require that.

So they're doing a lil fan show that is being put on -by the festival- (presented by) and you act like the sky is falling. Get a grip. Anyone who actually seriously thinks they'll be making bowling alleys a regular tour stop is an idiot. Every single person who posted "they're playing bowling alleys now?" - that is directed at you. You have absolutely zero common sense.

Tl;dr - haters seriously need to get lives.

Guest NGOG

Axl could show up to that show with his 93 voice and debut 10 new songs and that crowd would still shit on him.

I think GNR will obviously be subject to scrutiny; but it's good to see Axl at least attempt some preparation so that it isn't a complete catastrophe.

So, where is everyone pregaming? I'm a Jersey boy and have no idea where to go before to show that's close to the venue.

Also, what are we thinking here? On at 12, off at 2:30?

Thinking this venue screams "late night show"....

...and the people declaring that this is obviously a sign this is The End of this band are apparently missing the fact that this band just sold 600 tickets @ $160 each (with ones selling on stubhub for even more) in under 3 fucking minutes. How many bands on the planet could do that PERIOD?

In for 2.

For anyone who followed my signed mic story, the revised plan is now to go to this show, and give the mic to my friend when we get back to my place......at like 3am I am assuming.

Pretty nuts this show was announced like 2 hours before we was gona stop by and pic it up.

Its a complete circle now. Freaking perfect actually.

Thursday has the makings for an epic night....

Now all we need to do is catch the mic for our 2nd straight show!

Watch your teeth!

and Axl sounding a bit better recently.

Example?

I think he sounds better in all the recent US shows, excluding the first show. I'm not saying perfect, but definitely not full Mickey like he had been, minus a Jungle here and there, since 2011. You don't agree?

and Axl sounding a bit better recently.

Example?

I think he sounds better in all the recent US shows, excluding the first show. I'm not saying perfect, but definitely not full Mickey like he had been, minus a Jungle here and there, since 2011. You don't agree?

I've more or less stopped watching live videos since the most recent tour began. I guess I'll check some out if there really has been improvement.

Not hating magisme - just discriminating how I spend my $$ - enjoy the show, hopefully they don't shit the bed

I'm just fucking with you guys. Believe me, I get the cynicism and skepticism, and the criticism of the price. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't spend that money. It's the American way.

Here's to them not shitting the bed!

I've seen slash's band @terminal5, irvingplaza, and hammersteinballroom and never paid more than $50 and have been spoiled by that. I think slash put's on a much better show, plays a better setlist w a lot more variety, and I can't get behind paying 3x's more. If guns had something new then, yeah, in a heartbeat, a buck fifty is shit. But for essentially the same shit they've been doing since 2001, EZ pass for me.

To those bitching about Brooklyn Bowl, you clearly don't understand the venue or the town it's in. This is a club with a bowling alley attached in Williamsburg, BK. Which just so happens to be the hottest, most trendiest, most expensive area of NYC right now. But for most of you, all you see is bowling alley and laugh.

Second, this venue holds more people than CBGB, ROSEBAR, and that small venue they played for Fashion Week...I didn't hear any bitching then, so why now?

And it's a warm up gig...for the fans...hence the pre-sale only thing...so what else would you like? MSG?

Didn't the Stones just play a 600 person venue a couple of months ago? I wonder if it upset any of their fans. Probably not. This forum is home to some of the most miserable motherfuckers on the planet :awesomeface:

Jagger can't draw anything bigger than a bowling alley without Mick Taylor clearly.

To those bitching about Brooklyn Bowl, you clearly don't understand the venue or the town it's in. This is a club with a bowling alley attached in Williamsburg, BK. Which just so happens to be the hottest, most trendiest, most expensive area of NYC right now. But for most of you, all you see is bowling alley and laugh.

Second, this venue holds more people than CBGB, ROSEBAR, and that small venue they played for Fashion Week...I didn't hear any bitching then, so why now?

And it's a warm up gig...for the fans...hence the pre-sale only thing...so what else would you like? MSG?

Nope nope nope. I live 3 blocks from Bkyln Bowl. I've lived here for seven years. Sorry, it IS a laugh. My friends have played there. I saw the Spin Doctors there. It's nothing special at ALL.

Edited by niceguy

Nope nope nope. I live 3 blocks from Bkyln Bowl. I've lived here for seven years. Sorry, it IS a laugh. My friends have played there. I saw the Spin Doctors there. It's nothing special at ALL.

LOL

They could've easily played a larger venue. It's hilarious to see people argue otherwise; it sold out in a couple of minutes at $150 a ticket. But yeah, according to the braintrust on MyGnR, they're ONLY playing this place because they couldn't play a larger venue.

Edited by shotgunblues1978