June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

This is a great fan opportunity. I guess they really care about sounding good at the Governors Ball because with only 600 tickets I can't see they would be making any money.

It's going to be a bit like having the band play in your house.

I do not think this is to make money, this one is for the lucky hard core fans that get tix :)

That's what I think too.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously don't see how Axl playing a 600-seat BOWLING ALLEY could have negative connotations for the band?

From being the biggest band in the world to playing weddings and bowling alleys. Those are places that bands like Warrant with a new singer and Great White with a new singer and Ratt with a new singer play.

And why would they need a warmup? They are in the middle of touring right now.

Except they're not the biggest band in the world anymore. So this is what it comes down too.

I don't know if I'd say it's a warm up gig either considering the timing. But what it's certainly not is an intimate show for the average fan at $150 / ticket.

Guys this is for the hard core fans, the fanclub fans, etc etc. This is not an indication that GNR have to play bowling alleys etc etc etc.

This one is for you, it is a special show for the fans to get REAL close. Some of you don't understand that and never will I guess.

If you got tix for this, congrats!

First, you can still get tickets with the fan Pre-Sale login - the pass word is nightRain

secondarily...for those of you bitching about $150. It's 2013 in New York City. That is a bar tab for the night. GNR's older fans won't blink twice at this price and when I think of all the money I've spent just commuting to GNR shows, this is a fucking bargain. Quit all the bitch slap rappin suckers and get your tickets while they last. THen we can start planning the pre-party wooohooo...I live two blocks from the venue!!!

Guys this is for the hard core fans, the fanclub fans, etc etc. This is not an indication that GNR have to play bowling alleys etc etc etc.

This one is for you, it is a special show for the fans to get REAL close. Some of you don't understand that and never will I guess.

If you got tix for this, congrats!

I agree & and I think it's wonderful they are doing this for the hard core fans.

150 is too steep to see this incarnation of GnR - and who says this tour isn't a cash grab?

do the math before posting.

ticket $150 x 600 tix = is full price total of $90,000, now pay everyone else and Axl gets zero $ for being there. Nice try

Edited by gunsguy

150 is too steep to see this incarnation of GnR - and who says this tour isn't a cash grab?

As someone who has not seen GNR but has seen other acts who charged more for their tickets ( Gaga was 250.00 and the seats were no where near the floor ), I think this is a decent price and one I'd pay as it'd only be me going. If my partner tagged along I'd balk a tad more. As for this tour being a cash grab, you expect the guy to play for free or

for hardly anything at all?

I don't think so.

Edited by Sheri_Rose

huh?

it costs alot to bring these guys around, crew, band etc...

BTW I wish people would NOT post the promo code as this increases the odds of scalpers buying them instead of you...

Edited by gunsguy

First, you can still get tickets with the fan Pre-Sale login - the pass word is nightRain

secondarily...for those of you bitching about $150. It's 2013 in New York City. That is a bar tab for the night. GNR's older fans won't blink twice at this price and when I think of all the money I've spent just commuting to GNR shows, this is a fucking bargain. Quit all the bitch slap rappin suckers and get your tickets while they last. THen we can start planning the pre-party wooohooo...I live two blocks from the venue!!!

Hey, I don't need glasses anymore! :D

On a serious note: are you inviting all fellow GN'R fans to party at your place before the show?

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

huh?

Just curious how you know how much it would cost them to where one can say Axl gets nothing.

think about it, even if he got something, he would get more for playing a bigger venue, but this is for the fans ffs

Snagged some for GnRSkidRow1 and I, and Powerage5 and his momma :)

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!

huh?

Just curious how you know how much it would cost them to where one can say Axl gets nothing.

think about it, even if he got something, he would get more for playing a bigger venue, but this is for the fans ffs

I think it's grasping at straws to say it's for the fans. This is the same band that never updated the CD booklet or released the shows that they promised or delivered worth a shit to nighttrain members.

I think people need a little more than a FFS to confirm it's a gig for the fans.

huh?

I think it's grasping at straws to say it's for the fans. This is the same band that never updated the CD booklet or released the shows that they promised or delivered worth a shit to nighttrain members.

I think people need a little more than a FFS to confirm it's a gig for the fans.

Perhaps you are looking at the beginning of a new relationship between us and them? YES we know and they know they have fucked up many times, having said that they are working on it, this is an example of things to come rock3