June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

This is a great fan opportunity. I guess they really care about sounding good at the Governors Ball because with only 600 tickets I can't see they would be making any money.

It's going to be a bit like having the band play in your house.

I do not think this is to make money, this one is for the lucky hard core fans that get tix :)

@150 a pop, that's a 90k gross -- it's always about the $$ for uncle axl and his band of merrymen

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh?

it costs alot to bring these guys around, crew, band etc...

Just curious how you know how much it would cost them to where one can say Axl gets nothing.

think about it, even if he got something, he would get more for playing a bigger venue, but this is for the fans ffs

I think it's grasping at straws to say it's for the fans. This is the same band that never updated the CD booklet or released the shows that they promised or delivered worth a shit to nighttrain members.

I think people need a little more than a FFS to confirm it's a gig for the fans.

Perhaps you are looking at the beginning of a new relationship between us and them? YES we know and they know they have fucked up many times, having said that they are working on it, this is an example of things to come rock3

Playing bowling alleys with limited seating and $150 tickets is them working on being fan friendly? What happened to you? You used to be a fairly normal poster, but now you've fallen into the Ali and Volcano level of kissing Axl's ass no matter what he does.

If this was only for the hard core fans, there wouldn't be a $150 price tag on it.

Congrats Mags - hope you have a blast!!!

Edited by Groghan

Whoa! I live 3 blocks from bklyn bowl. In fact, I recently saw Spin Doctors there.

This place is VERY tiny and absolutely NOT a "marquee venue".. There's a bar, several nice bowling lanes, and a very small stage with standing room only.

Local bands play there, along with has-beens. I can't stress how shocked I am that Axl is playing it. It's not like Terminal 5, which actually gets pretty big names. There is NOTHING "intimate" or special about this gig.... It's almost like Axl playing a high school cafeteria in a small town.

If I remember, I'll go stand at the side door and listen to some of the set. You can hear the music clear as day out on the street.

a bowling alley really? jesus. thanks again Team Zabril.

Its obviously an intimate warmup gig for GB. Don't see how anyone could take this negatively.

You seriously don't see how Axl playing a 600-seat BOWLING ALLEY could have negative connotations for the band?

From being the biggest band in the world to playing weddings and bowling alleys. Those are places that bands like Warrant with a new singer and Great White with a new singer and Ratt with a new singer play.

And why would they need a warmup? They are in the middle of touring right now.

This is just another attempt from Groghan to bash this band. GNR has been recently headlining festivals which brings out thousands and thousands of people. I know people buy tickets for other artists, but I was at one two weeks ago. And those thousands of thousands of people stayed till Guns finished. If Guns was on the same page as Ratt and Great White they wouldn't be asked to headline many festivals. I think fit bothers some people that Guns N'Roses is still an attraction. Are they as big as they once were? No. I can admit that though. Even though the lack of new music the current band isn't dead.

First, you can still get tickets with the fan Pre-Sale login - the pass word is nightRain

secondarily...for those of you bitching about $150. It's 2013 in New York City. That is a bar tab for the night. GNR's older fans won't blink twice at this price and when I think of all the money I've spent just commuting to GNR shows, this is a fucking bargain. Quit all the bitch slap rappin suckers and get your tickets while they last. THen we can start planning the pre-party wooohooo...I live two blocks from the venue!!!

Hey, I don't need glasses anymore! :D

On a serious note: are you inviting all fellow GN'R fans to party at your place before the show?

Why would I pay $150 for an inferior rpoduct when slash will play better venues, play everything better, yet charge me 1/3 the price? If you think THIS band is worth, more power to you, but I'd rather drop $150 at the bar rather than to see this band until they put something new out, change the setlist up, and drop all the band jams and solo spots. I could care less about bbf, ashba, fortus, pitman and dizzy's solo spots more so than axl could give a fuck about slash

Guest bellastar2355

I think this will be a cool gig to attend. Well done to those who got tickets, I guess they are trying to make good their promised to nightrain members about exclusive stuff.

I think so too, I'm not sure why it's getting so much hate....

First, you can still get tickets with the fan Pre-Sale login - the pass word is nightRain

secondarily...for those of you bitching about $150. It's 2013 in New York City. That is a bar tab for the night. GNR's older fans won't blink twice at this price and when I think of all the money I've spent just commuting to GNR shows, this is a fucking bargain. Quit all the bitch slap rappin suckers and get your tickets while they last. THen we can start planning the pre-party wooohooo...I live two blocks from the venue!!!

Hey, I don't need glasses anymore! :D

On a serious note: are you inviting all fellow GN'R fans to party at your place before the show?

Why would I pay $150 for an inferior rpoduct when slash will play better venues, play everything better, yet charge me 1/3 the price? If you think THIS band is worth, more power to you, but I'd rather drop $150 at the bar rather than to see this band until they put something new out, change the setlist up, and drop all the band jams and solo spots. I could care less about bbf, ashba, fortus, pitman and dizzy's solo spots more so than axl could give a fuck about slash

Yeah, I think it's totally worth it. I haven't seen the band live for 3 years and I miss 'em. I'd easily pay $150 to see the band this close.

I paid $100 for a ticket in the past to be closer to the stage so I don't see why I wouldn't pay the price they want now.

I think this will be a cool gig to attend. Well done to those who got tickets, I guess they are trying to make good their promised to nightrain members about exclusive stuff.

I don't know why either? It is like that old saying, haters gonna hate.

I would have thought the opportunity to see them this up close and personal would be a good thing in most peoples eyes.

Honestly I think it is pretty cool to see a band play in this type of venue. I hope that whoever goes gets some rarities!

Oh and the comments section of that website is getting crazier lol

Yes it's gone mental now. It should have stopped when it was funny.

Whoa! I live 3 blocks from bklyn bowl. In fact, I recently saw Spin Doctors there.

This place is VERY tiny and absolutely NOT a "marquee venue".. There's a bar, several nice bowling lanes, and a very small stage with standing room only.

Local bands play there, along with has-beens. I can't stress how shocked I am that Axl is playing it. It's not like Terminal 5, which actually gets pretty big names. There is NOTHING "intimate" or special about this gig.... It's almost like Axl playing a high school cafeteria in a small town.

If I remember, I'll go stand at the side door and listen to some of the set. You can hear the music clear as day out on the street.

a bowling alley really? jesus. thanks again Team Zabril.

Its obviously an intimate warmup gig for GB. Don't see how anyone could take this negatively.

You're a mod on this forum and you don't see how anyone (anyone at all) could take this negatively? Honestly, I'd be more surprised if no one took it negatively :rofl-lol:

Ali

I would have thought the opportunity to see them this up close and personal would be a good thing in most peoples eyes.

It is but we have a lot of people on this forum who are mad at Axl for many stupid reasons.

Not hating magisme - just discriminating how I spend my $$ - enjoy the show, hopefully they don't shit the bed

I'm just fucking with you guys. Believe me, I get the cynicism and skepticism, and the criticism of the price. I'm just gonna pretend I didn't spend that money. It's the American way.

Here's to them not shitting the bed!