June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

2006: Guns plays Rosario Dawson's birthday party at a bar with a capacity under 200, nobody complains

2012: Guns plays some rich guy's wedding, people whine about it

2007: Guns plays private show for fashion designers, nobody complains

2010: Guns plays private show in Moscow, people whine about it

2010: Guns plays 150 person bar (Rose Bar) in NYC, nobody complains

2013: Guns plays 600 person bar (Brooklyn Bowl) in NYC, people whine about it

The simply conclusion that this is something they've done before multiple times, that people previously were cool with, but now since this forum is populated with people who simply live to bitch, we have multiple idiots talking about how it's a new low (despite the fact that they've done similar events at multiple locations within the past 6-7 years)

But if this show were truly "for the fans," tickets wouldn't cost $150. But the band doesn't need to generate $90k for a small event if it's really about the fans. I question the need to generate $90k in revenue if you're looking to throw the "fans" a bone. But you'd think the guys would bend a little bit on their performance fee for a show deemed as a gift for the fans.

Downzy is without a doubt that top poster on this forum.

He doesn't constantly kiss Axl's ass and worship his every move like volcano, gunsguy and that group.

He doesn't come here to ridicule, educate and "win" arguments against people who have a different opinion than he does.

And he doesn't come here specifically just to make fun of Axl.

He is a die-hard fan, who almost always posts the most logical explanation to every topic.

Best poster in the D&N section, hands down.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board is hilarious -

point out they are playing a bowling alley = its a warm-up show

Point out its the middle of a tour = they are doing it for the fans

Point out tickets are $150 = they want to rub shoulders with celebrities

Fuckin LOL

Fuckin LOL

Why does any of this matter?

Supply and demand my friend.

They are the suppliers, we are the users.

As long as we continue to pay the asking price, none of this matters.

When people stop paying the asking price for what they are selling, then you have a point,

Fuckin LOL

Classic. You have to admire their ability to rationalize and defend Axl's every move.

Fuckin LOL

Classic. You have to admire their ability to rationalize and defend Axl's every move.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but Axl is not in this for you. He is in it for himself. This is a capitalist country.

He is free to do whatever the fuck he wants, whether you approve or not. If they succeed, he wins. If they fail, he loses.

Either way, it's his decision on how and what he does.

I think if people understood that, these issues would go away.

Err, mostly to grab some money, don't you think?

So it is a cash grab now is it? Ok then, so long as we are being honest here.

There are not enough tickets for it to be a cash-grab...

Err, mostly to grab some money, don't you think?

So it is a cash grab now is it? Ok then, so long as we are being honest here.

What else can it be? Every transaction where art is sold is at some level a cash grab. This is just a more successful version.

Fuckin LOL

How does playing this show even needs defending? They weren't scheduled for this show initially, but decided to put in one extra show, resulting in more guys getting the opportunity to see them, and this time they even cater to a specific sub-market which has been neglected for the most part. It's a win-win for everyone and doesn't need defending at all.

Fuckin LOL

Not sure if you are aware of this, but Axl is not in this for you. He is in it for himself. This is a capitalist country.

He is free to do whatever the fuck he wants, whether you approve or not. If they succeed, he wins. If they fail, he loses.

"Axl is not in this for you. He is in it for himself"................and that is why we have one album in the last 20 years and he is charging people $150 to see him and "his" band play at bowling alleys.

Obviously he can do whatever he wants. AS CAN people on this forum. You don't get to dictate what people post. We are "free" to do whatever we want as well.

Most rock bands care about their fans and will tell you that they wouldn't be where they are without the support of their fans. And they tour and put out music one of or a combination of three reasons: 1. Money 2. They love doing it. 3. The Fans. Unfortunately for Axl fans, number 3 on that list isn't something that he cares that much about.

If he did care, then he would share his music with his millions of fans and not wait 20 years in between albums.

He would make sure he was in tip-top shape for his tours.

And he wouldn't charge people over $150 to see him perform at bowling alleys.

Fuckin LOL

"Axl is not in this for you. He is in it for himself"................and that is why we have one album in the last 20 years and he is charging people $150 to see him and "his" band play at bowling alleys.

Obviously he can do whatever he wants. AS CAN people on this forum. You don't get to dictate what people post. We are "free" to do whatever we want as well.

Most rock bands care about their fans and will tell you that they wouldn't be where they are without the support of their fans. And they tour and put out music one of or a combination of three reasons: 1. Money 2. They love doing it. 3. The Fans. Unfortunately for Axl fans, number 3 on that list isn't something that he cares that much about.

If he did care, then he would share his music with his millions of fans and not wait 20 years in between albums.

I am in the music and entertainment industry.

If you really think that most bands care about their fans, I have a bridge to sell you.

I would rather have a dick be honest about how he feels about me, then have someone pretend like they give a fuck about me and then laugh behind my back while they count my money.

If anything I respect Axl for not even pretending he gives a shit about me like everyone else does.

Fuckin LOL

If you really think that most bands care about their fans, I have a bridge to sell you.

I would rather have a dick be honest about how he feels about me, then have someone pretend like they give a fuck about me and then laugh behind my back while they count my money.

If anything I respect Axl for not even pretending he gives a shit about me like everyone else does.

What do you do in the industry, and what major bands have you worked with?

At the end of the day, I actually agree with most of what you have to say. I don't really care if Axl Rose likes or cares about me - the fan. And I don't care if every song he has ever written was solely and specifically written to build up his bank account.

What I don't like about Axl and Team Brazil is they've left the "fan" out of their equation for running Axl's career. Maybe I worded that incorrectly earlier.

IMO, one of the biggest shames and dissapointments in rock history is that Axl Rose has released one album of original material in the past 20 years.

He doesn't have to like or care about us. But it would be nice if he thought like the majority of other rock stars did and chose to treat his fans with respect. While their talent created the masterpieces (music), without the fans spending their hard earned money on cds, tours and merchandise, Axl (or any musician) wouldn't be living in multi-million dollar mansions and living the life of a king.

Why are you so opposed to Axl giving back a little to those millions of people who have supported his career for the past 25 years? And by giving back, I mean him simply doing what almost EVERY other singer in the world does? Release new music for your fans to enjoy. Do a few interviews every once in awhile. And make sure you are prepared and in shape when going on tour. Simple stuff. AND doing all those things would make him even more money.

I swear Axl could murder a small child and you people would find an angle to defend him. Keeping jumping through those hoops :lol:

They would say that the child deserved it. And that many other rock singers would have done the same thing. And that if you think about it, and weigh the facts, Axl is really a hero in this situation. And those that don't agree are just bitter ex-fan haters who want a reunion.

Fuckin LOL

What do you do in the industry, and what major bands have you worked with?

At the end of the day, I actually agree with most of what you have to say. I don't really care if Axl Rose likes or cares about me - the fan. And I don't care if every song he has ever written was solely and specifically written to build up his bank account.

What I don't like about Axl and Team Brazil is they've left the "fan" out of their equation for running Axl's career. Maybe I worded that incorrectly earlier.

IMO, one of the biggest shames and dissapointments in rock history is that Axl Rose has released one album of original material in the past 20 years.

He doesn't have to like or care about us. But it would be nice if he thought like the majority of other rock stars did and chose to treat his fans with respect. While their talent created the masterpieces (music), without the fans spending their hard earned money on cds, tours and merchandise, Axl (or any musician) wouldn't be living in multi-million dollar mansions and living the life of a king.

Why are you so opposed to Axl giving back a little to those millions of people who have supported his career for the past 25 years? And by giving back, I mean him simply doing what almost EVERY other singer in the world does? Release new music for your fans to enjoy. Do a few interviews every once in awhile. And make sure you are prepared and in shape when going on tour. Simple stuff. AND doing all those things would make him even more money.

Because people that give back do so because they want to. They have empathy for others, or want to be loved, or whatever.

Does that make them a nicer person than Axl, sure. Do I think Axl is gonna rot in hell because he is an asshole, no, I do not.

I just think you look at him and think 'Dude, do you have any idea what your legacy is gonna be if you continue this? Can't you see how everyone views you?', and you would be right. He is gonna be remembered as a reckloose with unfulfilled talent.

Here is my point. He doesn't care if that is the case.

As an FYI, I work for a hip hop mogul that you know well.

Fuckin LOL

Saying it's just a "bowling alley" is misleading. It is a club that has had more popular mainstream artists, like Kanye West, perform there. It was ranked among the 20 best clubs in America by RS magazine. It's not a "bowling alley".

If people want to see the band in an intimate venue (only 600 people) and can pay the money, then go and have a good time. If you don't want to or can't afford it, then don't go. It's that simple.

Ali

Ticket prices are a strange and contentious issue. On the one hand I don't necessarily blame anyone (especially a band like GNR) charging $150 per ticket for a small show. The reason for this is simple: if they charged $20 (like what is being reported by some regarding a recent Rolling Stones gig) most would likely pay $150 or up anyway due to scalpers and ticket brokers. It's a tricky situation. If there are 600 people willing to spend $150 to see this show, shouldn't the band make most of the money than some dodgy scalper or ticket broker? I'm not necessarily defending the band here, because based on principle, they could simply state that they themselves are not gouging their fans, that such gouging is being conducted by dodgy third parties. Unless they're committed to paperless tickets (thus requiring the credit card holder to validate the ticket transaction), a ticket for a GNR show in a small venue with a face value of $20 is likely not going to be the price paid by most concert attendees.

If this were 12 or even six years ago I can see a $150 ticket for a small GNR show going for two or three times the price on the secondary market. But with all the shows GNR have performed, especially in the NY region, in the last year or so, I just don't see the secondary market for $150 GNR tickets being anything but soft. The mystique of the band has long passed away - this is now a nostalgia act through and through.

I think that if this band truly wanted to give back to the fans, it could have sold tickets exclusively through its fan club for $20-$30. At least those poor souls who spent $50-$60 on the club would get something out of it. The band is likely getting paid a fat performance fee the next night at the GB, it would have been a classy move to do something like this. But class and GNR have never really been synonymous now have they?

Edited by downzy

I don't care either way. I just love watching people roll out multiple excuses until they give up and say that Axl doesn't care and I like it like that. It is just hilarious to watch. :lol:

As for anyone going to the show, have a good time.

Fuckin LOL

Saying it's just a "bowling alley" is misleading. It is a club that has had more popular mainstream artists, like Kanye West, perform there. It was ranked among the 20 best clubs in America by RS magazine. It's not a "bowling alley".

If people want to see the band in an intimate venue (only 600 people) and can pay the money, then go and have a good time. If you don't want to or can't afford it, then don't go. It's that simple.

Ali

Why do you always distort facts to try and make Axl look good?

Kayne didn't have a concert there, where he charged fans over $150 a ticket to watch him perform.

He was the "surprise" guest at an anniversary party for a record label.

He didn't play a concert, he went on stage and sang a few songs at the party.

Bit of a difference than what Axl is doing.

Salty - I understand and agree with what your saying. And that is the hard part about being a die-hard Axl Rose fan. I really don't care if he is the biggest prick in the world. I just wish my favorite rock singer would put out an album every few years. Give back a little to the fans..........which would in turn make him and Team Brazil way more money. Everybody wins.

Oh, you were that guy who was debating on whether or not to accept a job with Puff Daddy. You even started a topic about it, so why wouldn't you mentioned his name now?

How's that working out for you? If you are still there, you must be enjoying the experience?

Fuckin LOL

Ali

Why do you always distort facts to try and make Axl look good?

Kayne didn't have a concert there, where he charged fans over $150 a ticket to watch him perform.

He was the "surprise" guest at an anniversary party for a record label.

He didn't play a concert, he went on stage and sang a few songs at the party.

Bit of a difference than what Axl is doing.

Salty - I understand and agree with what your saying. And that is the hard part about being a die-hard Axl Rose fan. I really don't care if he is the biggest prick in the world. I just wish my favorite rock singer would put out an album every few years. Give back a little to the fans..........which would in turn make him and Team Brazil way more money. Everybody wins.

Oh, you were that guy who was debating on whether or not to accept a job with Puff Daddy. You even started a topic about it, so why wouldn't you mentioned his name now?

How's that working out for you? If you are still there, you must be enjoying the experience?

Why do you insist on getting into personal attacks with people on this forum, Groghan?

I never said Kanye did a full concert there. I said he performed there, which he did. Getting on stage and doing a few songs is performaning. So did the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, albeit a more abbreviated set at a benefit concert.

It still isn't just a bowling alley. It is misleading to label as just a place where people go to bowl.

Ali