June 6th, 2013 - Brooklyn, NY: Brooklyn Bowl

This board is hilarious -

point out they are playing a bowling alley = its a warm-up show

Point out its the middle of a tour = they are doing it for the fans

Point out tickets are $150 = they want to rub shoulders with celebrities

Fuckin LOL

Saying it's just a "bowling alley" is misleading. It is a club that has had more popular mainstream artists, like Kanye West, perform there. It was ranked among the 20 best clubs in America by RS magazine. It's not a "bowling alley".

If people want to see the band in an intimate venue (only 600 people) and can pay the money, then go and have a good time. If you don't want to or can't afford it, then don't go. It's that simple.

Ali

Why do you always distort facts to try and make Axl look good?

Kayne didn't have a concert there, where he charged fans over $150 a ticket to watch him perform.

He was the "surprise" guest at an anniversary party for a record label.

He didn't play a concert, he went on stage and sang a few songs at the party.

Bit of a difference than what Axl is doing.

Salty - I understand and agree with what your saying. And that is the hard part about being a die-hard Axl Rose fan. I really don't care if he is the biggest prick in the world. I just wish my favorite rock singer would put out an album every few years. Give back a little to the fans..........which would in turn make him and Team Brazil way more money. Everybody wins.

Oh, you were that guy who was debating on whether or not to accept a job with Puff Daddy. You even started a topic about it, so why wouldn't you mentioned his name now?

How's that working out for you? If you are still there, you must be enjoying the experience?

That was before I realized what happens when you tell people who you work for. It really is amazing, In 6 months I went from, "HEY EVERYONE! Guess who I work for!", to "I work for Diddy", to "I work in the entertainment industry."

It's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I get your point. What you need to do is seperate yourself from the logical part of your brain and realize 'He just doesn't care what you want, or even about what makes sense He just does whatever the fuck he wants.'

Edited by Saltzy

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin LOL

Saying it's just a "bowling alley" is misleading. It is a club that has had more popular mainstream artists, like Kanye West, perform there. It was ranked among the 20 best clubs in America by RS magazine. It's not a "bowling alley".

If people want to see the band in an intimate venue (only 600 people) and can pay the money, then go and have a good time. If you don't want to or can't afford it, then don't go. It's that simple.

Ali

Kayne didn't have a concert there, where he charged fans over $150 a ticket to watch him perform.

Salty - I understand and agree with what your saying. And that is the hard part about being a die-hard Axl Rose fan. I really don't care if he is the biggest prick in the world. I just wish my favorite rock singer would put out an album every few years. Give back a little to the fans..........which would in turn make him and Team Brazil way more money. Everybody wins.

Oh, you were that guy who was debating on whether or not to accept a job with Puff Daddy. You even started a topic about it, so why wouldn't you mentioned his name now?

How's that working out for you? If you are still there, you must be enjoying the experience?

Why do you insist on getting into personal attacks with people on this forum, Groghan?

I never said Kanye did a full concert there. I said he performed there, which he did. Getting on stage and doing a few songs is performaning. So did the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, albeit a more abbreviated set at a benefit concert.

It still isn't just a bowling alley. It is misleading to label as just a place where people go to bowl.

Ali

Oh so you weren't trying to be misleading in the slightest. Cool.

Fuckin LOL

Ali

Why do you insist on getting into personal attacks with people on this forum, Groghan?

I never said Kanye did a full concert there. I said he performed there, which he did. Getting on stage and doing a few songs is performaning. So did the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, albeit a more abbreviated set at a benefit concert.

It still isn't just a bowling alley. It is misleading to label as just a place where people go to bowl.

Ali

Oh so you weren't trying to be misleading in the slightest. Cool.

Kanye West and Yeah Yeah Yeahs, among others, have performed there. That is a fact, yes.

Ali

Fuckin LOL

Ali

Ali

I didn't insult anybody in the post you responded to Ali.

I asked why you distorted the facts - which you did. That isn't an insult, is it?

We were talking about Axl playing bowling alleys now. And you defended it by saying that big name people like Kayne has played there.

Even in your "must worship Axl at all costs" mindset, you don't see the difference between having a CONCERT at $150 a ticket compared to an artist playing a few songs at a record company party??????

Look at how you guys on here keep trying to sugarcoat this concert. He is doing it as a gift for the hard core fans. It is just a warm-up so he'll sound better at the next show. The Rolling Stones charged $600 for a ticket. The excuses just never end.

This is something that guys like you and SoulMonster do all the time. You distort the facts, or just cherry pick bits and pieces, to try and paint Axl in the best light possible.

He always says "GnR put out a record a mere 5 years ago, which is the standard for bands in their category"........leaving out the "full" truth, which is that GnR has released one album in the last TWENTY YEARS.

Boggles my mind why you guys just can't let the facts speak for themselves.

It is embarrassing that GnR is now playing Bowling Alleys, weddings, birthday parties and for fashion designers/hollywood elite, and that they are charging $150 a ticket for some of the shows.

But it will be cool for 600 people to see GnR at what is basically a bar setting. If I lived there, I would probably go.

Those three sentences sum up this entire topic rather accurately, and is how the majority of the general rock public see it. But you guys have to whine and cry and try and make Axl look like a hero, no matter what he does. Defending and praising Axl's every moves doesn't make you a bigger fan.

Look at how you guys on here keep trying to sugarcoat this concert. He is doing it as a gift for the hard core fans. It is just a warm-up so he'll sound better at the next show. The Rolling Stones charged $600 for a ticket. The excuses just never end.

Why would the fact that the band adds an extra concert to their tour even needs sugarcoating? You are all arguing as if this is bad in some way...Get real.

Why would the fact that the band adds an extra concert to their tour even needs sugarcoating? You are all arguing as if this is bad in some way...Get real.

Because I'm not some blind sheep that operates in the "must defend Axl at all costs" mindset that so many of you guys on this forum do.

Axl adding an extra show.......awesome.

Axl playing a bar/bowling alley..........well, how the mighty have fallen, and I doubt that's what he had in mind when he wrestled control of the GnR name away...............but whatever. The past is the past. Would I go see Axl at a bar/bowling alley? In a heartbeat. One of the coolest shows I've been to was Don Dokken playing at a bar - AFTER watching his concert at a real venue. After the show we went out to a local college bar and in walks Dokken and his band. They got onstage, took requests from the audience and he played maybe 10 songs. Can you imagine Axl doing that in a bar with maybe 100 people there?

But charging $150-plus for those bar/bowling alley tickets............that is where most people find fault in this show.

Don't tell us Axl is doing this as a treat for the hard-core fans. $150 per person eliminates a lot of hard core fans. If this show was a treat or special gig for the hard core fans (not wedding guests, not hollywood celebrities, etc) then Team Brazil could have made this a simple show, and garned TONS of positive publicity, and truly made it a "treat" for the hard core fans. How about $20 tickets for all members of their fan club/website???? How about coming to this site and HTGTH and offering the same deal? Everybody wins and GnR looks great and gets nothing but positive press.

Adding an extra show: A

Playing a bar/bowling alley: A for fans, D for GnR legacy

Charging over $150 per ticket: F

Fuckin LOL

Ali

Ali

I didn't insult anybody in the post you responded to Ali.

I asked why you distorted the facts - which you did. That isn't an insult, is it?

We were talking about Axl playing bowling alleys now. And you defended it by saying that big name people like Kayne has played there.

Even in your "must worship Axl at all costs" mindset, you don't see the difference between having a CONCERT at $150 a ticket compared to an artist playing a few songs at a record company party??????

This is something that guys like you and SoulMonster do all the time. You distort the facts, or just cherry pick bits and pieces, to try and paint Axl in the best light possible.

He always says "GnR put out a record a mere 5 years ago, which is the standard for bands in their category"........leaving out the "full" truth, which is that GnR has released one album in the last TWENTY YEARS.

Boggles my mind why you guys just can't let the facts speak for themselves.

It is embarrassing that GnR is now playing Bowling Alleys, weddings, birthday parties and for fashion designers/hollywood elite, and that they are charging $150 a ticket for some of the shows.

But it will be cool for 600 people to see GnR at what is basically a bar setting. If I lived there, I would probably go.

Those three sentences sum up this entire topic rather accurately, and is how the majority of the general rock public see it. But you guys have to whine and cry and try and make Axl look like a hero, no matter what he does. Defending and praising Axl's every moves doesn't make you a bigger fan.

I didn't use the word insult. I use the word "attack". The truth is Kanye West and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have performed there. That's all I said and that much is 100% indisputably true.

The reason why I mentioned that is because this isn't just some bowling alley. This is a club that regularly has live music performances. I think that is an important point to note.

Ali

But are they performances or concerts Ali? Both? If not how do you tell one from the other? Please clarify this.

Apparently, labeling a four song set as a performance, even though anytime you get up on stage in front of live audience and do a rendition of a song you are performing, is misleading. Nonetheless, you'll have to ask Groghan that question as he's the one making a distinction irrespective of the meaning of the word I used being correct.

Ali

But are they performances or concerts Ali? Both? If not how do you tell one from the other? Please clarify this.

Apparently, labeling a four song set as a performance, even though anytime you get up on stage in front of live audience and do a rendition of a song you are performing, is misleading. Nonetheless, you'll have to ask Groghan that question as he's the one making a distinction irrespective of the meaning of the word I used being correct.

Ali

Well, I guess it would depend if it was billed, advertised and sold as a kanye west show like this is being billed as a gnr show @150 a pop. Doesn't sound like it, but kanye should change his name to mr. Kartrashian

Ali

Well, I guess it would depend if it was billed, advertised and sold as a kanye west show like this is being billed as a gnr show @150 a pop. Doesn't sound like it, but kanye should change his name to mr. Kartrashian

Understood, but the reason why I pointed that out in the first place was because this place is not just some bowling alley like in The Big Lebowski. It is a club that regularly has live music performances. Gary Clark Jr. (who was at the most recent Bridge School Benefit like GN'R) also performed there last year during election night as well (for a Sandy relief show). So, it's not just some "bowling alley". That was why I brought up some of the people who have performed there, even if not for full headlining sets.

Ali

I look at it as a rehearsal that's more or less being advertised as a rehearsal that people have the option of attending for an inflated price.

But they are playing tonight so calling tomorrows show a rehearsal makes no sense - unless the are rehearsing something new lol

Ali

Understood, but the reason why I pointed that out in the first place was because this place is not just some bowling alley like in The Big Lebowski. It is a club that regularly has live music performances. Gary Clark Jr. (who was at the most recent Bridge School Benefit like GN'R) also performed there last year during election night as well (for a Sandy relief show). So, it's not just some "bowling alley". That was why I brought up some of the people who have performed there, even if not for full headlining sets.

Ali

Why are you so anti-bowling alley?

Lots of people enjoy a night out of bowling. And the owners and people working there are making an honest living.

Obviously there is a difference between a band having a concert and selling tickets for $150 compared to a company renting the room for a party, and one of the guests performing. Only the most dedicated "must defend/praise Axl at all costs" people realize the obvious difference. But Axl is involved, so we must go out of way to justify the band playing there.

How about this Ali.

Awesome. Amazing. Greatest band ever. Congrats to Team Brazil for somehow securing this most prestigious and legendary venue. The Who, Led Zep and The Beatles al got their start by playing at the bowling alley. Usually bands have to pay for the honor to perform on the stage, which is why GnR is charging $150 for the tickets. Rumor also has it that this was the real place that joseph and mary hid the baby jesus back in the day.

It's a fucking nothing show, not indicative in any way of their drawing limits. Yes, the ticket prices are ridiculous, but I see no issue with the venue choice.

Exactly! The fucking haters are all over this one. It's not like its a full blown tour in bowling allys . They are headlining these festivals. No little act can do that.

It's a fucking nothing show, not indicative in any way of their drawing limits. Yes, the ticket prices are ridiculous, but I see no issue with the venue choice.

You gotta admit..........it is a little funny though. GnR is now in bowling alley bar areas, seating 600 people!

And you know if Slash was playing a bowling alley bar, guys like volcano would be having a field day with the insults about it.

Batman - calm down. We get it. You worship everything Axl does. We get it.

The ticket price is ridiculous unless there is something special about the show. But if I lived there, I'd most definitely be attending.

Edited by Groghan