laffy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aerosmith > Axl's band

ACDC > Axl's band

I disagree.

Aerosmith haven't had a goo album since Permanent Vacation and Tyler sounds horrible.

AC/DC are a good live band. Fucking solid. With that said other than 2 or 3 tracks from Black Ice, their albums have been average since Back In Black. IMO.

BI is probably one of their weakest post-79 albums. Ballbreaker and Flick of the Switch are fuckin' good.

are Axl and his camp even aware of the fact that his voice sounds so bad??

Don't know about Axl since he lives in his own little world. Team Brazil? Most definitely, but Beta has the habit of hiding things from Axl so I don't think they've informed Axl how awful and weak he sounds.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

When you've heard one AC/DC song, you've heard basically 99% of their songs.

Still better than Chinese Democracy. :shrugs:

That's your opinion.

I guess some of their songs are better than some of CDs and opposite. I just like GN'R (Chinese Democracy included) more than AC/DC in general. But that's just my opinion, though :)

As for Axl at 64, I don't think singing like he did when he was 20-40 is a goal for him when he's 64.. Seems to me he's living day by day without thinking about time. Simply living his life.

Edited by Jeez

Aerosmith and AC/DC are the most overrated bands of all time.

AC/DC sounds the same and is a gimmick rock band

Aerosmith is a pop rock band putting out cheesy summertime songs.

How they ever got popular is beyond me.

You seem to be missing the point entirely.....try again!

tyler sounds great, axl sounds awful. that's reality, if you disagree with this, you're a delusional fan.

Tyler sounds like Tyler, Axl sounds like Micky mouse. Saying that either one of them sounds great means that you're a delusional fan. That's the actual reality. :shrugs:

At 64, he sounds just as shitty as he has his whole life. Not even he can top complete shit, so I'm not sure what you're expecting. Axl's shit is just more noticeable because he's actually had points in his career where he didn't sound like complete shit. Poor Aerosmith fans never got to experience that. :shrugs:

I never liked Tyler's voice but I can appreciate that at 64 sounds great. However, Axl at 51 is very fat and sounds awful and weak.

this.

the guy is 64, should probably be dead from the drug and alcohol intake and there he is, sounding awesome for a 64 years old man. also he is not fat.

i won't comment on axl.

At 64, he sounds just as shitty as he has his whole life. Not even he can top complete shit, so I'm not sure what you're expecting. Axl's shit is just more noticeable because he's actually had points in his career where he didn't sound like complete shit. Poor Aerosmith fans never got to experience that. :shrugs:

If the Aerosmith fans became Aerosmith fans because they thought Tyler's voice was great and since current 64-year-old Tyler sounds like Tyler on his prime I'd say that they did experience that. It's harder for us 'cause Axl delivered stunning performances and then he became utter shit.

If the Aerosmith fans became Aerosmith fans because they thought Tyler's voice was great and since current 64-year-old Tyler sounds like Tyler on his prime I'd say that they did experience that. It's harder for us 'cause Axl delivered stunning performances and then he became utter shit.

I agree that it's harder for us, but only because Aerosmith fans simply don't know any better. We went from what might have been the greatest ever, to complete shit. Aerosmith fans waddled up to the complete shit table, and never left. Of course we're worse off.

Pretty crazy how Steven Tyler isn't far off Mick Jagger's age, yet he never quite gets lumped into that same 'classic' category as Jagger...I think Aerosmith found success just a little bit too late in the '70s for them to ever gain the full respect of the music community. They're definitely a classic rock band but they also get a whole lot of snide shit from certain kinds of music fans, and at the end of the day, maybe they're more of a singles band than an album band for most of their career, but Tyler definitely puts a lot into his work on stage.

I think that shows a level of respect for his audience that Axl does have in terms of his willingness to perform - 3+ hour shows are not 'phoning it in' - but Axl seems less dedicated to making sure he's at the best of his abilities as a performer.

I don't think Axl will be still performing at 64. I think he'll want to have a long happy retirement.

I think going past a certain age in your life as a rocker should stop.

Steven has fallen off the stage twice and broken his hip.

Mick Jagger has said he wants to be done with all of it and enjoy the years he has left. The guy is 70. When do they get to enjoy their retirement?

I only wish Axl had a wife and some kids and maybe someday grandkids to grow old with. Everyone needs someone in their life to grow old with.

I would miss GNR, but I respect that Axl wants to have some time to himself and enjoy the years he has left without all the pressure of recording or performing and going on tour for years on end.

Gene Simmons was quoted as saying Kiss has another 5 or 10 years left. Gene would be 75 in 10 years! Seriously? He really thinks he can do shows everynight and tour for years on end at 75?

Why would you want to? Hopefully, he'll be a granddad in 5 or 10 years and wouldn't he want to spend time with them since he missed his own kids' growing up? As you grow older, no matter who you are, your priorities should change.