We want new music.

Ric Nightingale

Then I'd like Axl to die now if thats what it takes to release things. If all he's going to do while he's alive is tour the same songs endlessly and with the same current band, then well I don't really need him to be living.

Just saying. If you all think this stuff is coming when he dies.

I don't think anyone's speaking literally about Axl having to die for new music to be released. At least I hope not. I think we're just drawing the analogy that living Axl has seemingly no interest in further releases and that Team Brazil are money-hungry, fan-hating, snakes.

• Like 1

Then I'd like Axl to die now if thats what it takes to release things. If all he's going to do while he's alive is tour the same songs endlessly and with the same current band, then well I don't really need him to be living.

No, no. I'm not trying to get that dark. I don't wish death upon anybody.

Personally, my ideal situation would be for Axl to just retire at this point. Specifically if all he's gonna do is half assed nostalgic shows with his voice progressively getting worse, and him just not caring. Idc what anybody says. This is the lowest point of being a gnr/Axl fan there ever was. I wasn't posting on the forums then, but I heavily followed the cd saga, and this is worse. The employees were spewing the same kind of bullshit every so often like they are now. The only difference was there wasn't a half assed Axl performing, and there was actually an album in the works to eventually look forward to. I rather have no Axl than an effortless one that clearly doesn't give a fuck. (And to clarify for the Sally Sundresses, I mean a retired Axl)

I still have doubts new nu music will get officially released even when he dies. I just think it's the most realistic way it will ever possibly happen. Leaks are the only other way I could possibly see it happening before then, but I doubt that will happen due to people being too scared to after what happened with skerwl.

Edited by Bobbo

This is a pretty fucked up thing to say about anybody. Seriously - you don't need him to be living? What the fuck?

I'm not wishing him dead. I would never do that. I love the guy. I'm just saying if it doesn't look like we're ever getting another new album, and we're only getting old stuff when he's gone, what's he gonna do with the next 40 years.

Someone should put it to Axl that way. It might actually getting him moving to try something new. Thats an extremely bleak view of the rest of his life, but its not altogether inaccurate.

Didn't take long for the two armies Axl fans Vs Slash fans to start fighting.... I though this thread was about asking POLITELY for new music...? Well, Axl was never going to read it in the first place and he's definitely not going to now and if in some crazy bizzarro world situation he did read it he would still just call the Reunion brigade cunts and try to convince the rest of us that he's not working on all this material to keep it buried.

I want NEW music. Emphasis on NEW. Not songs that didn't make the cut last time, NEW music with the current band. I'm not totally against using some songs from past sessions but the album should be 60% new at the very least with the rest being old CD songs.

Take some hostages and make some demands. Crying ain't gonna get you shit.

Sorry Axl doesn't give you exactly what you want. Maybe you should just enjoy other music, and if Axl gets around to releasing something, then you can enjoy that too. But wouldn't it suck if you spend your whole life crying and being upset about some songs that never get released?

Also, I don't want a reunion. It would be a bad joke by now.

Well, for one I have moved on to other music. Springsteen, Elvis, Elton John, John Lennon, John Mellancamp, Bon Jovi. It's much better to listen to artist who have loads of music that they release for their fans. Hell, I hardly ever listen to GN'R anymore because there's so much great music out there by artists who would rather share their music with their fans than resent their fans.

I hardly ever listen to GNR either anymore. I just love speculating about how crazy Axl went off the tracks. I don't like listening to Chinese Democracy. But I love talking about it. I have zero interest in hearing new music from Axl anymore.

All I want is music from the current lineup. Let's hear what they can do together!

Its been so long that I'm past the point of caring what the current lineup sounds like on new material. I'm sure they're good, but at this point they could have been touring new material for 4 years. We know that they don't have anything on the horizon, at least nothing releasable that wouldn't take at least another year to finish up. At what point does it become that they won't be able to even properly tour new material? It takes them a while to tour things currently. To do 20 shows in the US, 20-30 in Europe, 10 in South America, and 10 in Asia/rest of the world, that would take them a year with all the breaks they need to take. They could have done that twice over in the last 4 years. Now if they are to do anything, we won't be getting it really live until early 2015. Thats so far in the future that honestly I can't bother myself to care anymore. It would be nice, but I can't just sit around all the time waiting for new GNR material. At some point around 2010-2011 my GNR obsession passed because you have to move on with your life.

Personally I think the lack of new music and 1 album in 20 years is a byproduct of him having zero confidence in this new band. I've always felt actions speak louder than words and the silence is deafening.

I don't think it's about zero confidence in the new band. I think it's about zero confidence in himself. CD was Axl's baby, and he saw how the entire world treated it like a stinky turd.

Didn't take long for the two armies Axl fans Vs Slash fans to start fighting.... I though this thread was about asking POLITELY for new music...? Well, Axl was never going to read it in the first place and he's definitely not going to now and if in some crazy bizzarro world situation he did read it he would still just call the Reunion brigade cunts and try to convince the rest of us that he's not working on all this material to keep it buried.

I want NEW music. Emphasis on NEW. Not songs that didn't make the cut last time, NEW music with the current band. I'm not totally against using some songs from past sessions but the album should be 60% new at the very least with the rest being old CD songs.

Take some hostages and make some demands. Crying ain't gonna get you shit.

Sorry Axl doesn't give you exactly what you want. Maybe you should just enjoy other music, and if Axl gets around to releasing something, then you can enjoy that too. But wouldn't it suck if you spend your whole life crying and being upset about some songs that never get released?

Also, I don't want a reunion. It would be a bad joke by now.

Well, for one I have moved on to other music. Springsteen, Elvis, Elton John, John Lennon, John Mellancamp, Bon Jovi. It's much better to listen to artist who have loads of music that they release for their fans. Hell, I hardly ever listen to GN'R anymore because there's so much great music out there by artists who would rather share their music with their fans than resent their fans.

I hardly ever listen to GNR either anymore. I just love speculating about how crazy Axl went off the tracks. I don't like listening to Chinese Democracy. But I love talking about it. I have zero interest in hearing new music from Axl anymore.

Coolranchdressing, you are a real pain in my ass at the moment. Am I in a feud that I wasn't made aware of? seems like you disagree with almost everything I post.

The whole mirroring Axl thing is hilarious too, You: "Axl doesn't give you exactly what you want" Axl: "I don't owe you your own personal happy ending".