We want new music.

Ric Nightingale

GNR has become a product like most bands of similar age. people go to see the Stones for the hits and the show to say they saw Mick n Keef.

I would have to strongly disagree; not really sure how you could even compare the productivity of Axl Rose versus The Stones.

The Stones put out records regularly for their first 45 years of existence. It was not until this last tour that they only did two new songs - one of which (Doom And Gloom) is really good and getting regular airplay. Even their records released at the 25-30 year mark like Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge were much more than just albums to just tour behind, with singles like Mixed Emotions, You Got Me Rocking, Love Is Strong, Anybody Seen My Baby, etc..

GNR has become a product like most bands of similar age. people go to see the Stones for the hits and the show to say they saw Mick n Keef.

I would have to strongly disagree; not really sure how you could even compare the productivity of Axl Rose versus The Stones.

The Stones put out records regularly for their first 45 years of existence. It was not until this last tour that they only did two new songs - one of which (Doom And Gloom) is really good and getting regular airplay. Even their records released at the 25-30 year mark like Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge were much more than just albums to just tour behind, with singles like Mixed Emotions, You Got Me Rocking, Love Is Strong, Anybody Seen My Baby, etc..

I'm Voodoo lounge era fan. Nobody gives a fuck about those songs. We just go to feel the aura of Mick n Keef. There maybe more crazy fans but no way are shows full of people with even my knowledge. I watched Glastonbury with a girl who said Mick was cool when he was 21, I can only listen to Beggars banquet all the way through. What no love for Black n Blue? It's all about Mick n The Human Riff nowadays. They don't even stand for the same things they did in the 60s. No way, I love the Stones and the whole decadent decline but it ain't the same band. They arch rogues of hedonism now.

GNR should have been taking notes. Maybe they did.

Edited by wasted

Always want new music but what does Axl want?

He wants easy money.

I want new music.

Couldn't be less true imo...

If Axl wanted easy money he'd have a reunion tour. Major $'s playing all the classics all over the world.

Wrong. Axl wants easy money, but at the same time he can't stand working with Slash anymore and doesn't want to betrail his current incarnation of Guns N' Roses. He wants the easiest money he can get by not reuniting.

me too.

I'd love to see a Reunion, but think about it this way, there's no chemistry between them any more, and that was 20 years ago. People should move on and respect the choices they all have made.

Edited by MYWIFEMYLIFE

EVERYBODY wants new music.

Unfortunately, the man in charge (Axl) doesn't give a damn about us hardcore fans who want him to succeed and want to hear his music, lyrics, and stories. He just want's to make money touring nostalgia shows with a cover band.

Open letter to Axl,WE WANT NEW MUSIC!

Open letter from Axl:

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending especially at another's, or in this case several others', expense.

He should be happy people want to hear his music. Nothing wrong with saying we want more.

Sure we want it, thats all we want at this moment. But they (he) do not hear the fans and/or do not care about the fans.

I agree withe Jabberwocky - a whopper would be nice also, nicer than another tour with the same sauce.

Edited by Teroz

It's amazing how many of your are just now hitting your bs threshold. I suppose you are the true optimists among us.

At this point I just want to hear what was already recorded from the Buckethead sessions. Even if the original band were to reunite could you foresee anything good happening down the pipeline with the way Axl currently sings?