Roger Waters-The Wall Live Film (w/ Russ' review)

ohlovelyrita

I wanted to go to the show but tickets were like $400 for nosebleeds...

I'll try to attend at TIFF though.

Holy shit, where were ticket prices like that?? After market?

I had the opportunity to see the show twice and both shows were amazing. I honestly still can't believe I got to meet Roger prior to the second show.

A little exaggerated but I remember it being something like $300 for GA.

Wow. Here in the US, only the front of the floor got pricey which was $250. The lower bowl dropped below $200 and the upper bowls were as low as $75.

Anyone listened to Amused To Death, that shit is brilliant. WHAT GOD WANTSSSS, GOD GETSSSSS :headbang:

I could listen to AFD front to back all day long. All. Day. Long.

So could I, what about ATD though?? :P

Yeah I really like It's A Miracle, What God Wants, Watching TV and Ballad of Bill Hubbard. Waters is a great songwriter and he can kind of sing but it's definitely a unique wail/croon he's got going on.

• Like 1

Anyone listened to Amused To Death, that shit is brilliant. WHAT GOD WANTSSSS, GOD GETSSSSS :headbang:

I could listen to AFD front to back all day long. All. Day. Long.

So could I, what about ATD though?? :P

Yeah I really like It's A Miracle, What God Wants, Watching TV and Ballad of Bill Hubbard. Waters is a great songwriter and he can kind of sing but it's definitely a unique wail/croon he's got going on.

You know you post about GN'R too much when your phone auto-corrects something to "AFD" haha.

I love all the tunes you mentioned, but there's really not a bad cut on it if you ask me. The whole thing is just brilliant. I saw him do a great majority of it (What God Wants, Perfect Sense, Bravery of Being Out Of Range, It's A Miracle and Amused To Death) over a couple legs of his In The Flesh tour. I thought I'd never seen him top those shows, then I got to see The Wall tour.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I read that they bookended the film with the "documentary" part of it but I don't know if that means they also added some in between "Goodbye Cruel World" and "Hey You". One of the singers in Venice who had to sit out the tour with his brothers said it was like the Avatar of concert movies. It sounds like they didn't get into too much editing camera angles and wanted you focused on each song.

• 2 months later...

Reviews are starting to surface and they're mostly positive. They're saying the documentary is cut in throughout the whole concert, every 3 songs or so. Sounds weird to me, but the reviews say it works. They also said that the show itself is taken from performances all around the world. That's good for me as I was worried it was going to be just one performance.

Either way, I've got my tickets for 09/29 and I'm super excited!

Reviews are starting to surface and they're mostly positive. They're saying the documentary is cut in throughout the whole concert, every 3 songs or so. Sounds weird to me, but the reviews say it works. They also said that the show itself is taken from performances all around the world. That's good for me as I was worried it was going to be just one performance.

Russ, where by us can we see it?

Russ, where by us can we see it?

We got tickets for the AMC Livonia. There's 6-10 of us going, you should get a ticket and join us.