Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King"

Val22

I give it a try to the album and it's good
title track, Doing Time, This Means War, Requiem, Planets, St. James are my favs right now

not really my favourite band, but i do like a couple of songs from them. I miss The Rev from this album, but it's still good

Edited by Crash Diet

Ghost is an act but damn it they are great. I just saw them. Im not sure how theyll be as an opener but they killed as a headliner. Very hypnotic stage presence. And they sound MUCH heavier live. Who ever is producing their albums is neutering them a bit.

The new A7X is their best since City of Evil IMO. Its very much a nod to their 90s metal influences. Tell me the third track "Doing Time" doesnt sound like a cut off UYI 1?

Also the new drummer is nowhere near as technically skilled as the Rev, but he keeps a great groove goin

cant wait to see them this tour. ghost is opening!

Yeah, I'm so curious about this band Ghost BC. I've seen their videos and they are weird. The singer has a good voice. It reminds me of early King Diamond.

I wonder if it's just an act or these guys are into some strange religion.

Anyway, got great sets for this show. I can't wait. It's the fourth time I'm seeing A7X. I can't wait for Tuesday when Hail to the King is released. These guys just get better and better everytime.

This show is going to rock big timeI

Well, the Rev was one of a kind drummer and friend to the guys from A7X, but I'm glad they found another drummer they gel with and are continuing to go on.

they are all very talented musicians and although they lost a very important part of their band and their lives, it's what they do best, so as they say life goes on. It's just what you do even when you lose someone close to you and in this case a very important part of A7X.

I think they also purposely changed some of their sound because now with the Rev gone, they had to find their own way and sound their own. The rev wrote so many amazing songs with them, that I was worried they wouldn't be able to match up, but it seems they have.

Great and can't wait to see them on October 19 in Dallas.

Mediocre album,it was difficult for them to do again an album in the level of nightmare or city of evil,i don't know how good or bad is the fact that some of the songs sounds like copies of maiden,metallica etc,maybe is lack of inspiration,the positive is again the lead parts in guitars part of the album,awesome job of solos.

Had this album since Friday (came out Friday in New Zealand) Well they didn't lie when they said they were going for a late 80's kind of sound. It has definitely grown on me over the past couple days, Syn's new tone is great!!

8/10 for me

I like the album. Doing Time sounds a lot like GnR and This Means War sounds like Metallica's song Sad But True. Good album though.

M. Shadows has said GnR is his biggest influence.

m-shadows--large-msg-124968383704_large.

AXL_CHARLES_MANSON_GNR_CLUB.jpg

I can see the similarities.

yeah his screams sound like axls here and there. nice album.

Yeah, especially in the 3 rd song. It sounds like a GNR song from the scream and the way M. Shadows sings and even the guitar solos too.

The fourth song sounds heavy like Metallica.

I think the whole album rocks. I think since the Rev was a HUGE influence on A7X's music from the beginning, they thought now was the time to go their own way especially with a new drummer. I'm sure this kid will rock the old stuff, but the Rev was a one of a kind drummer and song writer. Sometimes you can't replace someone like that, so it's best to go in a different direction. I think A7X have succeeded in showing their fans they can still rock heavy and still keep the melodies.

I like the album. Doing Time sounds a lot like GnR and This Means War sounds like Metallica's song Sad But True. Good album though.

M. Shadows has said GnR is his biggest influence.

m-shadows--large-msg-124968383704_large.

AXL_CHARLES_MANSON_GNR_CLUB.jpg

I can see the similarities.

yeah his screams sound like axls here and there. nice album.

Yeah, especially in the 3 rd song. It sounds like a GNR song from the scream and the way M. Shadows sings and even the guitar solos too.

The fourth song sounds heavy like Metallica.

I think the whole album rocks. I think since the Rev was a HUGE influence on A7X's music from the beginning, they thought now was the time to go their own way especially with a new drummer. I'm sure this kid will rock the old stuff, but the Rev was a one of a kind drummer and song writer. Sometimes you can't replace someone like that, so it's best to go in a different direction. I think A7X have succeeded in showing their fans they can still rock heavy and still keep the melodies.

Dude, just re-read your message, yeah I thought the same thing about the songs. My daughter said Doing time sounds like you could be mine, but I thought the same thing about Sad but true.

• 1 month later...

Saw A7X perform in Dallas on October 19 at American Airlines. The place was close to being sold out, which I figured, since they have a huge fan base in Dallas.

From the opening cords of Sheperd of Fired to the closing of Unholy confessions, M. Shadows had the crowd in the palm of his hands. This band just rocks! They had a cool stage décor of course with fired and bombs going off and the King right behind the drummer.

The new drummer was just awesome! He rocked the new songs as well as the older ones.

A7X played Fiction, the last song, the Rev composed and played with the band. M. Shadows said that they will continue to pay homage to The Rev everytime they play a show because he was their brother for over 18 years. The fans were chanting "Rev" and were quiet and held their phones up when they played this song. M. Shadows sang some words and then you heard the sweet voice of the Rev singing too. It was bittersweet. A wonderful way to remember their friend and brother.

Syn's solo was cool. I loved how at times, the guys would turn to look at the drummer play as to show their support of him. I thought that was a cool way of showing he is one of them now. Not an easy task for him I'm sure.

The whole show was great. you could hear the fans singing the songs and having a good time. I love these guys. They give 110% at every show and M. Shadows was getting over the flu since two nights prior in Orlando. you'd never know he was ill the way he sang and hit those high notes and did his screaming.

Such an amazing band and an awesome show!

i listened to the album, it sounds like i heard a lot of those songs before.....

Well this time out A7X got influenced by bands they love like GNR, Iron maiden and Metallica.

I think they did an amazing job and live they kicked ass with old and new songs.

I commend them for going in a different direction after The Rev's death. he was a HUGE influence on their past music and wrote many songs himself, so doing this album alone since his death was a big challenge for them and I think they have succeeded. By the size of the crowd in AA in Dallas, you know they still have a huge fan base and hearing their songs sung back to them had to be a big rush for them as well as we fans.