The "5 Questions with Axl Rose" campaign

Guest NGOG

Those questions are uninspiring and easily answered along the lines of 'procrastination is the thief of time'.

How bout we spend time putting together questions that the man would actually want to answer?

We have no idea what he would want to answer though so we can only ask the things we want to know. He might prefer answering a load of questions about ballet dancing and dog breeding but we wouldn't know that.

How bout we spend time putting together questions that the man would actually want to answer?

hard to judge which questions are best to ask, especially at the end of a tour and in summer when he's probably relaxing and not in work mode (a pure guess).

Its like asking me questions on what i'm going to do next year, when its not really on my mind right now.

I still reckon bonus question 6 'how'd your day go?' should be asked :lol:

Edited by Axl_morris

This needs to be approached with a great deal of pyschological insight.

Do NOT ask anything about classic era gnr. He's said all he needs to say.

Ask about future plans, current band members etc.

There's almost no chance he'll even get the list of questions, but at least we'll have a shot.

And keep the wording short. He's not gonna read long questions.

I always think in the days of smartphones and tablets its just so easy to log on. For instance, i'm sat on my couch watching tv right now. I could be on the toilet having a shit or laying in bed or out in town i can access the forum anywhere - so can Axl. He must get bored and just log on anywhere and probably laughs at us all.

So i think he will see these questions, but there is so much for him to think about. His comments being published to the wider media, it might be awkward to comment because of relations with the label, it might in contract not to comment.

If mygnr were all in a bar with no video tapes or any jurnos I bet we would get all the gossip

This needs to be approached with a great deal of pyschological insight.

Do NOT ask anything about classic era gnr. He's said all he needs to say.

Ask about future plans, current band members etc.

There's almost no chance he'll even get the list of questions, but at least we'll have a shot.

And keep the wording short. He's not gonna read long questions.

Pretty much this. We have to be the more direct and fast we can. We don't want to bother.

And the bonus question "How'd your day go" is great!

White an awesome idea... If Slash can't get through to Axl what makes anyone think we can get through? Unless we ask stupid questions about his Halloween Tree, I doubt that we will get any real insight. What Axl really needs is an intervention by people who aren't using his fortune and fame to live off of. People that truly care about him and his success, not people that use him for their own benefit.

The questions have been chosen by the voting public:

1. Axl, when are we going to hear new music?

2. Axl, you mentioned an autobiography the last time we spoke to you, do you plan on releasing that?

3. Axl, do you still intend to release Chinese Democracy II... or have you shifted mentally towards a record capturing the talents of the current line-up?

4. Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or did Chinese Democracy sour that idea?

5. Axl, GNR has always released new music by way of albums, would you ever consider releasing new songs individually?

Step 2 in this process is to gauge how we should put this letter to Team Brazil. We approached different people to write a letter and a draft is currently in editing. Does anybody have any suggestions with regards themes/artwork/arguements that should be contained in the letter? Are you all satisfied with the questioning and its wording?

If you have anything you would like to say privately, contact me or Manets.

My $0.02:-

Change question 1 to specifically ask if new music could be heard this year. As it is currently worded I'd expect an openended answer such as "maybe sometime in the future".

Question 2 is a wasted question. See Axls previous answer from 2008 below:-

Axl sebastian bach mentioned you were writing an autobiography how is that progressing?

It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.

For question 5 I think you could tag on a little extra from one of the questions which didn't make the cut, eg:- "5. Axl, GNR has always released new music by way of albums, would you ever consider releasing new songs individually, or would you be open to a guest spot on someone elses album in the near future (e.g Izzy) in 2013?"

New Question Suggestion

Axl, if fans can raise $1,000,000 bounty would you sell us an unreleased song or demo for this price, which fans may then share freely?

Money talks, and if Axl were to agree then a Kickstarter/Indiegogo could easily be setup for this kind of thing. It's also the kind of thing which music sites will post as news which would only help the fundraising. $1m would be easy. Might just need to rephrase the question to ensure we get a Chi Dem related song and not one of those Rapidfire demos.

Edited by downliner

I like your Q5 idea but I don't agree with your other views. Q1 was the most popular option so I'm less open to amending it. If Axl decides to reply unconstructively (which I doubt, he'd be more inclined to just decline the interview than give provocative answers) then he could also just say flat out no when pressed on the possibility of new music in 2013. The band members have also expressed doubts that a record will drop this year.

The autobiography question was the second most popular so again, I'm quite reluctant to amend such a popular option. Since 2008, you've had MSL's claims about an Axl penned book on the 'break-up of old GNR'... you've also had book releases from Duff and Steven. Of the Appetite five only Axl and Izzy haven't released their GNR accounts.

Edited by NGOG

I would imagine at this point TB are fully aware of this enterprise and will already have decided whether they are going to engage or not. if they are going to play along then Axl probably knows about this too and will have decided whether or not he is going to answer. So at this point it's all moot, so don't think too deeply, send them and hope for the best!

Will Beta go for it.......or will she see this as just more of Axl's fans complaining and feeling full of entitlement!!!!

I would imagine at this point TB are fully aware of this enterprise and will already have decided whether they are going to engage or not. if they are going to play along then Axl probably knows about this too and will have decided whether or not he is going to answer. So at this point it's all moot, so don't think too deeply, send them and hope for the best!

Will Beta go for it.......or will she see this as just more of Axl's fans complaining and feeling full of entitlement!!!!

I don't know but I am fairly sure she will know about these threads and have already made up her mind.

We need to shape the questions in a way to avoid Axl's meaningless TMS-Interview-Style answers.

1. Axl, when are we going to hear new music? This can be answered like "don't know" or "within the near future" like downliner said. We don't want that. I think it could be reformulated to "Axl, do you have any plans on releasing, playing or recording new music anytime soon?" or something like that.

2. Axl, you mentioned an autobiography the last time we spoke to you, do you plan on releasing that? That's a fine question but I think we could encourage him to release it, like "Axl, since you mentioned an autobiography last time we spoke to you, we have been dying to hear your thoughts, your side of the story and what goes on in your creative mind. Do you plan on releasing that?"

3. Axl, do you still intend to release Chinese Democracy II... or have you shifted mentally towards a record capturing the talents of the current line-up? Excellent question but maybe we should specify what we mean by "Chinese Democracy II" like "Axl, do you plan on releasing the other songs written previously to Chinese Democracy's release or do you think a new album would consist on material written by the current line-up?"

4. Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or did Chinese Democracy sour that idea? Not sure we should treat Chinese Democracy in a negative way like that. Maybe it should be formulated like "Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or will we only hear new songs after an album release?"

5. Axl, GNR has always released new music by way of albums, would you ever consider releasing new songs individually? This one's fine as it is, IMO.

Those questions are uninspiring and easily answered along the lines of 'procrastination is the thief of time'.

It's ponctuality, not procrastination. And it's an Oscar Wilde quote.

And questions Axl's want to answer? Did you read the interview Axl did with himself Del James? Or the Jimmy Kimmel?

Yea I know its punctuality manets, and yes I've read the axl interview and watched the kimmel show. Not sure what your point is?

I just think to get someone like axl to talk it would need to be based around things he enjoys rather than what has clearly become just a day job for him. I certainly dont know what inspires him and dont pretend to know either.

Only interests i know of are his cat, dexter, lakers and sports cars.

The questions have been chosen by the voting public:

1. Axl, when are we going to hear new music?

2. Axl, you mentioned an autobiography the last time we spoke to you, do you plan on releasing that?

3. Axl, do you still intend to release Chinese Democracy II... or have you shifted mentally towards a record capturing the talents of the current line-up?

4. Axl, will you ever debut new material live again or did Chinese Democracy sour that idea?

5. Axl, GNR has always released new music by way of albums, would you ever consider releasing new songs individually?

Step 2 in this process is to gauge how we should put this letter to Team Brazil. We approached different people to write a letter and a draft is currently in editing. Does anybody have any suggestions with regards themes/artwork/arguements that should be contained in the letter? Are you all satisfied with the questioning and its wording?

If you have anything you would like to say privately, contact me or Manets.

axlcampaign.png

1. Axl we hear talk from other band members about a possible new album but we have yet to hear from you on the subject, is it in the works? Will it be called Chinese democracy II or will it be titled something else?

and I don't like how number 4 is worded, just leave off the last part of it.

4. Axl will you ever debut new songs live again?

the second part makes it sound like that was a failure to do that?

6. Axl have you considered bringing in izzy to studio for songwriting support?

just my two cents worth....

If the letter can convince management of our good intentions, then I see no reason why Axl wouldn't take time out of his day to answer five important questions. Remember the enthusiasm he had during the Axl chats?