Why have you turned?

jimb0

Why The Hard Feelings  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there are some new rules and stipulations and whatever... but I'm not trying to hate.

It's just I was looking up Nightrain Rock AM Ring. And not only doesn't it seem like the same band anymore, it doesn't even seem like the same frontman. So I'm just curious, as nut-swingers transform to haters before the trainwreck that is GNR.... Is it due to no new music, or the horrendous live shows Axl does these days. If it's somethin else feel free to mention.

So far so good, but we ask that people check the nutswinger, slashite etc. etc. comments at the door.

It's fine in Attitude if provocation is the goal, we're trying to steer this section towards civil conversations.

Thanks

continue..

I'll retract my nut-swinger comment and replace it with blind loyalists. I'm honestly not trying to put anyone down I'm just trying to see the breaking point of most die hard fans when it comes to this band. Thanks for keeping the thread alive.

I know there are some new rules and stipulations and whatever... but I'm not trying to hate.

It's just I was looking up Nightrain Rock AM Ring. And not only doesn't it seem like the same band anymore, it doesn't even seem like the same frontman. So I'm just curious, as nut-swingers transform to haters before the trainwreck that is GNR.... Is it due to no new music, or the horrendous live shows Axl does these days. If it's somethin else feel free to mention.

Everything you just typed is bullshit.

Horrendous live shows? Ok buddy not the shows I been too last month.

agreed... metropolis was fuckin awesome !

@ OP - whens the last time you saw GNR live ? (youtube doesnt count)

He has probably never seen GNR live. Youtube is his only credibility.

Serious question for you and HOllywood Gunner.

Why do other bands/singers sound great on Youtube videos?

Why is there a double standard concering Axl on here regarding Youtube videos? When people post Youtube videos where Axl sounds awful, guys like you two (and others) say that the video doesn't represent how good Axl actually sounds, bad cell phones are used, etc. BUT THEN you guys will post a Youtube video where Axl sounds good and say "Watch this video, Axl sounds amazing." So when Axl sounds bad - it's because youtube sucks. But when Axl sounds good - then Youtube can be used as an appropriate tool to judge his voice.

SERIOUS question - not being sarcastic. I'm curious as to your answers.

Theres plenty of other youtube vids of other performers (not only singers) bad shows... pretty sure if you type in "miserable" before anyones name or "fail" after it, youll find something... truth is axl is being held to a higher standard, especially here... where most people are or once were "fans" - idk, just think you gotta take things for what they are... if you dont like him now, dont listen... the critisim gets pretty outta hand for no good reason... i say just listen to the stuff you do like from axl cuz theres probably a shitload of it... and that imo is more than reason enough to show the guy a little respect

For me it boils down to this:

- Lack of new music or even a sense of Axl even truly wanting to put out new material

- Live shows that feature the same ol' setlists night after night

- Axl's vocals declining from the plateau he reached circa 2010

- Lack of fan interaction beyond stuff like a beach towel in their overpriced "official" fan club

Comparing images aside, all'd be forgiven if we had some music to listen to. Live performances are just that. I'd kill to have some new material. I don't think we've heard the last of nuguns but I'm not sure Axl sees this band as one he wants to push and release new music with. Whatever fire he had , is wavering to say the least.

So far so good, but we ask that people check the nutswinger, slashite etc. etc. comments at the door.

It's fine in Attitude if provocation is the goal, we're trying to steer this section towards civil conversations.

Thanks

continue..

I'll retract my nut-swinger comment and replace it with blind loyalists. I'm honestly not trying to put anyone down I'm just trying to see the breaking point of most die hard fans when it comes to this band. Thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Why does it have to be a term that implies your taking a jab? Blind loyalists?

The term you used in your second sentence works much better.

Actual GNR - new members who arent tested, nor given the chance to. Leading to the lack of authenticity/worth of GNR name

Forum wise - When I signed up, I was pro NuGNR, not always but mostly. But on the few occasions I voice my frustrations against NuGNR, hardcore fans tries to insult/attack/harass me. So I turned, cuz atleast those who arent "hardcore" fans are funnier and more chill.

For a some time I truly believed that some sort of partial reunion would happen like Duff and/or Izzy joining the band as a live show performer or something and that would have been a very popular move by Axl to please all the real Gn'R fans (myself included).

No music. Easy answer for me. I saw them live a couple years ago and it was the best show I've ever seen by any band. Including the one I saw when GNR opened for Aerosmith. And I now a lot of people that have went to see them over the last 5/6 years and every single person thought they were incredibly good. So I find it laughable when "shitty vocals" gets brought up obsessively all the time, every ingle day. I know there are plenty of YouTube videos that clearly shows Axl not being anywhere near the top of his game. But the good and great shows heavily outweigh the bad. IMO. My frustration with the lack of new music has shifted however to the label, not Axl. After hearing the news that GNR supposedly turned in a record to there label in 2010, and the label has chosen to sit on it. Makes no sense at all.

Edited by ll_tj1

The poll question is misleading. One cannot lose their way as a supporter of Guns N' Roses because they are no longer together. I will always like Guns N' Roses but I will never consider this band Guns N' Roses. On topic, I have lost support for this band because I don't like how they play Guns N' Roses songs, how they play Chinese Democracy songs, how Axl sounds as of 2011, the excessive amount of ballads at the shows, no new music and last of all Axl's attitude towards everything.

I've been a fan of GnR since 1987. I'll still follow what Axl is doing, but I don't have the passion I did 12 years ago. And none of my friends who were big fans of GnR (back in the hey-days 88-93) know or care about Axl anymore. I have to come here to get my fix. I wanted Axl to become relevant again, and it just hasn't happened.

I stopped supporting Axl's solo project after Rio 2011. Since then, he has sounded utterly awful and weak. No new music is an issue with me as well after Chinese Democracy which is a horrendous record IMO.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Guest cbgnr666

I actually don't think turning solves anything really.What is accomplished when you turn?If you turn and decide you've made a wrong turn will you turn around and come back or keep going?Where will you go?

Axl is still my favorite rock singer.

I just wish he and Beta (and the kids) cared about Axl's millions of fans. You know, the ones who have filled his bank account with cash over the last 25 years!!!

One album of original material in the last 22 years? That's all Axl could muster?

How about throwing your fans a bone and releasing some music!!!!

Axl is still my favorite rock singer.

I just wish he and Beta (and the kids) cared about Axl's millions of fans. You know, the ones who have filled his bank account with cash over the last 25 years!!!

One album of original material in the last 22 years? That's all Axl could muster?

How about throwing your fans a bone and releasing some music!!!!

"Complaint's, complaint's, complaints."