What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

awww that makes me feel better! :D thanks! good for you....was Zootroplis good? :)

Yes, very! I really liked it. I've been dragged to see a lot of kids movies this year. Finding Dory, Secret Life Of Pets, The Good Dinosaur etc and all were let downs. Wish I'd gone to see this instead as it would've been well worth the cinema cost. My daughter loved The Snoopy movie, we went to watch it twice :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J Dog said:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

To this day i always say 'you just keep thinkin' Butch, thats what you're good at' when someone comes up with a stupid idea.

On topic:

Ten Little Indians aka And Then There Were None - Oliver Reed, Richard Attenborough, Charles Aznavour

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To this day i always say 'you just keep thinkin' Butch, thats what you're good at' when someone comes up with a stupid idea.

You know I heard ya boy McQueen was supposed to be Sundance at first. Redford did great though.

I got the Man With No Name trilogy. Gonna start on that tonight.

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You know I heard ya boy McQueen was supposed to be Sundance at first. Redford did great though.

I got the Man With No Name trilogy. Gonna start on that tonight.

Im glad he didnt, Redford was the right choice, he gave off an air of being younger than Newman and also wasn't a combative onscreen presence, complimented Newman well, put all the accents in the right place...whereas McQueen would've fought him for the Oscar for biggest on screen penis and would've made the film uneven.  You can afford to do that when theres seven stars and each has to make his mark as in Mag 7 but if you pull that hotdog shit in a duo you mess up the balance, Butch is Butch and the Kid is the Kid and to some degree you have to respect that balance.

Two lifetime movies.

The Wrong House

His Secret Past

Seinfeld the Dinner and The Maid

22 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i've had "Let It Go" in my head since i saw it :facepalm: and i have no kids so is it still ok? my furbabies loved it, does that count?? :P

Yeah, my daughter got the Singing Elsa doll, so Let it go was playing constantly. Damn you Disney! lol

On 12/27/2016 at 10:34 AM, Len Cnut said:

Im glad he didnt, Redford was the right choice, he gave off an air of being younger than Newman and also wasn't a combative onscreen presence, complimented Newman well, put all the accents in the right place...whereas McQueen would've fought him for the Oscar for biggest on screen penis and would've made the film uneven.  You can afford to do that when theres seven stars and each has to make his mark as in Mag 7 but if you pull that hotdog shit in a duo you mess up the balance, Butch is Butch and the Kid is the Kid and to some degree you have to respect that balance.

Agreed. And Sundance was definitely a role to get carried away with. The Newman/Redford team was perfect. The way Redford would look or give a slight smile at Butch's shit, very nice touch.

On topic: A Fistful of Dollars. (starting the man with no name trilogy. Good,Bad,Ugly gets all the love but this one is just as good)

• Like 1

they are all great IMO! enjoy :)

also if you like the Newman/Redford chemistry The Sting is excellent if you have not seen it yet. not a Western but...

watching When Harry Met Sally...the scenes with Carrie Fisher are making me sad. also i forgot that the actor who played her husband, Bruno Kirby, has passed also ( 2006 ) :( but it is such a good movie.

31 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if things go well i want to see the Magnificent Seven tonight....Chris Pratt AND Denzel. plus i love westerns :D

I'd be interested in your take on this..I actually thought it was kind of boring :ph34r: 

I watched Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhaal -- cried through the whole thing haha!

well that's disappointing. i was like the only person i knew who found Unbroken tedious and i had high hope for that :/ oh well it's just 7.00 on pay per view, maybe the eye candy will make it worth it :lol:

on topic i'm watching Good Fellas, i never get tired of it!

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1