Guns N' Roses NOT Touring South America. Tour cancelled.

ManetsBR

The other admin from Axl Rose - Fan Club told me earlier this week things were not doing so well for the GNR concert in Brazil. Well, the journalist José Norberto Flesch - possibly the most reliable source for international concerts here - just posted this in Twitter:

ATTENTION! Remember I told that this year there would be more stadium concerts from an artist outside of festivals?

Well, everything was set up and confirmed. The tour was confirmed. Everything was about to be scheduled and announced when a certain band member told the production he was not going to do the tour anymore. Simple as that. Morrissey level of malice.

Before, at least, he was only a trouble when he was already here. At least he would come and play. But now he got the Morrissey disease.

It's EXACTLY who you think it is. The asshole was coming again... With what's left of his once glorius past band... To start the concert at 2 AM.

This is fucked up. The asshole comes, fills the stadiums, then promoters get excited to bring him again, but then the bullshit begins... Thing is that this tame bullshit began way before he actually arrived.

Other tweet by him:

What a nice friday. Guns cancelling (luckly) before the announcement and Geo off the Lolla production.

Edited by ManetsBR

Would have been interesting to see how RIR '11 and the lack of new music would have affected sales this time round.

Here's hoping this means more studio time. That's why previous tours got canned.

I was looking forward axl's patronising accent when addressing the audience.

You guys have had two tours, like everyone else anyway, so that's fair.

One was RiR, dude! :P

Only way this could turn into a positive thing is if it means studio time. Oh please Lord

Well, if you considered that this tour was already confirmed, and if you don't buy the "Axl was hacked" bullshit, this is the second tour Axl cancels in 3 years.

Which other tour was cancelled?

On 2010, during the break between the South American and the European tour, he posted on Twitter something like "All the future Guns N' Roses concerts are cancelled. Please contact the promoters for refund." A couple of hours later the tweet was deleted and Team Brazil said that Axl had been hacked.

On the next year, he logged into MyGNR using Dexter and created a new topic saying there would be a new album for the next year. Same thing happened... A couple of hours later it was deleted and Team Brazil said Axl has been hacked. Too bad one of the mods - Montrealer if I'm not mistaken - had already checked his IP and confirmed the topic was posted from exactly where Axl at the moment. They were on tour, but I don't remember where they were at the moment exactly. But it was like... Guns was playing Costa Rica and Montrealer confirmed the IP was from Costa Rica. Something like that.

Edit: Guys, read this HV post regarding the latest Dexter post... My bad. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201101-guns-n-roses-not-touring-south-america-tour-apparently-cancelled/page-4#entry3501210

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, if you considered that this tour was already confirmed, and if you don't buy the "Axl was hacked" bullshit, this is the second tour Axl cancels in 3 years.

On 2010, during the break between the South American and the European tour, he posted on Twitter something like "All the future Guns N' Roses concerts are cancelled. Please contact the promoters for refund." A couple of hours later the tweet was deleted and Team Brazil said that Axl had been hacked.

On the next year, he logged into MyGNR using Dexter and created a new topic saying there would be a new album for the next year. Same thing happened... A couple of hours later it was deleted and Team Brazil said Axl has been hacked. Too bad one of the mods - Montrealer if I'm not mistaken - had already checked his IP and confirmed the topic was posted from exactly where Axl at the moment. They were on tour, but I don't remember where they were at the moment exactly. But it was like... Guns was playing Costa Rica and Montrealer confirmed the IP was from Costa Rica. Something like that.

i believe this was in august after the first half of the euro tour. The tweet was made, then 3 weeks later the euro tour continued as planned at leeds/reading. I thought the SA tour was feb 10? I might he wrong.

however axl did say at reading he will not play leeds, but he did the following day so yeah it is believable the tweet was real.

On 2010, during the break between the South American and the European tour, he posted on Twitter something like "All the future Guns N' Roses concerts are cancelled. Please contact the promoters for refund." A couple of hours later the tweet was deleted and Team Brazil said that Axl had been hacked.On the next year, he logged into MyGNR using Dexter and created a new topic saying there would be a new album for the next year. Same thing happened... A couple of hours later it was deleted and Team Brazil said Axl has been hacked. Too bad one of the mods - Montrealer if I'm not mistaken - had already checked his IP and confirmed the topic was posted from exactly where Axl at the moment. They were on tour, but I don't remember where they were at the moment exactly. But it was like... Guns was playing Costa Rica and Montrealer confirmed the IP was from Costa Rica. Something like that.

Pretty sure HV already addressed with you that it wasn't Axl. Why must you keep bringing that up?