Best NuGNR rocker

Towelie

What's NuGNR best up-tempo rocker??  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Better, but Oh My God comes very close.

Oh My God rocks harder, and just the disco tinged part is not as heavy but most of the song does rock. Better is not strictly a rocker to me.

The 'I never wanted you to...' part is really the heaviest section of the song. The chorus rocks pretty hard as well.

Edited by Rovim

I have always seen Better as a power ballad. It kinda follows the same structure are Metallica's classic power ballads:

Intro - Soft verse - Heavy Chorus - Soft Verse - Heavy Chorus - Solo - Heavy Bridge - Solo - Heavy Chorus - Outro

I have always seen Better as a power ballad. It kinda follows the same structure are Metallica's classic power ballads:

Intro - Soft verse - Heavy Chorus - Soft Verse - Heavy Chorus - Solo - Heavy Bridge - Solo - Heavy Chorus - Outro

But the verses are not really soft. The chorus is heavier compared to the verses, but I don't think it's accurate to call them soft.

Better is not a power ballad. It does have some pop influences, just like the 'I never wanted you to...' section is really influenced by metal, but it's a rock song to me. Structure is not the only factor that defines a song.

But the verses are not really soft. The chorus is heavier compared to the verses, but I don't think it's accurate to call them soft.

Better is not a power ballad. It does have some pop influences, just like the 'I never wanted you to...' section is really influenced by metal, but it's a rock song to me. Structure is not the only factor that defines a song.

The verses are really melodic, they coudl translate to acoustics without change and the singing is really soft. I have always seen it this, way...really :P

The verses are really melodic, they coudl translate to acoustics without change and the singing is really soft. I have always seen it this, way...really :P

Can be melodic but not soft. I don't think the singing is soft, but I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe my definition of soft is not the same as yours. You can translate a lot of heavy shit with no change to acoustics as well. Don't get what that proves.

Edited by Rovim

1. Scraped - Total FIller, Boring, Annoying Double Vocals

IRS - So Much Potential but Completely Repetitive... I hate Robins Boring bends, The Garden Part Kicks Ass

Better - I love the Melodic Chords, Stupid Intro Vocals Tho, Pretty Cool, Love Robins Solo

Rhiad The Bedouins - Hate The Vocals, Don't Like the Song

Chinese Democracy - Rock You Like a Hurricane Rip Off... Intro is way too Long

Shacklers Revenge - Pretty Cool, Nothing Special, But an Okay Song

Oh My God - My Favorite of the Bunch, I had a lot of hope for this band when I heard this Demo

Silkworms - I hope they've improved this one.

Im really mad about OH MY GOD & SILKWORMS but since we dont have the final version we cant really know.

As official released I think CHINESE its the best rocker of the new era, its powerful and cohesive. Intro too long to listen to it

frequently but its a song that from start to end REALLY WORKS!

RIAD could have done it but Bumble solos or whoever the fuck in there just screws the whole thing. Im sure with Bucket solos itd be

upper in our scale.

I believe CHECKMATE its gonna make it too. It´ll become a rocker if its ever released of course.

Loved OMG (even though the mix on it isn't brilliant) as although sonically it's totally different to old Guns, it still has that aggression to it.

Just a shame that outside of the folks on these fan boards, very few people know the song.

• Like 1

OMG is one of my favorite GnR songs. I like how it's raw sounding but has some complex guitar parts. Riad is my second favorite, then SR, then CD. CD has too long of an intro, otherwise it would be better. IRS would be better with a better intro, and scraped would be better with the drum intro they use live. I like silkworms too, but I wont base an opinion on that until I hear a finished version.

Shouldn't TWAT be on the poll though?