MyGNR Letter to Axl Rose and Team Brazil

ManetsBR

Rather strong reactions to a quite neutral message. Maybe it is also a cultural thing;

I do not expect that much icing on messages. After the long wait of CD, it is more than

understandable that they do not want speak about anything which is not certain.

Yes yes I know, a lot of bands move ahead like trains on track - for some reason

GNR is following a more undulating path.

So would this have been a much better message, if not, what would have been

the ideal version with the same content (nothing new at the moment)?

scans n' copies:

"Hey guys, thanks so much for all the support you give us. Sorry that we don't have more set in stone right now, but we're working on getting some exciting stuff done. There's some music on the not-too-distant horizon and a live DVD is still coming out. We don't have all the release scheduling finished yet, but as soon as we do we'll make sure you guys hear about it. Stay tuned and thanks again!"

Some of the posts in several threads about the same topic sound like

they were posted by 12 year old drama queens. He is the same age:

I think I would have preferred a more neutral, business like tone to the letter and I suspect the accompanying graphic might have made them laugh but that is just my opinion. Manets and NGOG were the ones who could be bothered to go that extra mile so good on them.

They may still get an official reply. I don't think we have given it long enough to completely write it off and we don't know for definite that the Facebook status was an outright response to the letter. I just hope the overwhelming negative response regardless of whether it was deserved hasn't pissed on their bonfire and cancelled out the chance of them getting a direct reply.

No way axl ever read the letter... id be surprised if hes even aware of the attempt... he obviously knows people wanna know when there'll be a new ablum, but his guess would probably be just as good as ours at this point

I say they do a cover album of all the shit this lineup has covered live so far to hold ppl over

No way axl ever read the letter... id be surprised if hes even aware of the attempt... he obviously knows people wanna know when there'll be a new ablum, but his guess would probably be just as good as ours at this point

I say they do a cover album of all the shit this lineup has covered live so far to hold ppl over

When you're a perfectionist and a maniac like I am (and like I highly suppose Axl is), you read everything. I'm pretty sure Axl reads these boards, not every topic and answers of course but he must have a fairly good idea of what's going on here.

(just thinking of it, it's getting more and more strange for me to look at my own avatar, I was standing right next to him and I couldn't say anything else than "I loved Chinese Democracy" and him saying thanks... good memories)

I doubt he'll reply though, because he doesn't have anything to reply other than "no new material is ready or in the works", and I guess he's a bit bitter about CD (sad because it's one of the best records of the 2000's, if not the best, but he has been working on it for so long that he can't possibly judge his own album objectively), probably doesn't want to release what ex-members have been working on... so my take on it is that he doesn't feel the need or urge or passion to write anything at the moment, probably just enjoying life and fucking hot chicks, which I can relate to. He has the chance to have some barrier between him and fans and nothing obligates him to reply to anyone about what he's doing.

Yeah he won't reply and I doubt we will be hearing much more for now. He should take a big, long rest from all the touring and maybe come back in 4-5 years. I just don't picture him coming back right now with a new album. He should really take a break and work on his voice which hasn't been amazing since 2010.

I am as eager as you all to hear new music, to see him make a proper come back, but now doesn't feel like the right time, he looks extremely tired and given his past, 2009-2013 has been like the most active of his career concerning live shows, am I mistaken? He should definitely take a break, disappear from the scene like he did between 1994 and 2001 and come back when he feels like it, with a solid album.

With guys like Axl, you can't expect a proper schedule, being on time and doing things fasts. You will need a lot of patience. This is the price of very good written material, perfectionists, and mad men. And frankly even if he did reply to those very common questions, it won't mean anything (remember 2008).

Great idea, and would literally take one day to record. Could be in stores in the blink of an eye. But if UMG already has a record of completely new music, and has had it in there possession since 2010. Has not only, NOT released it, but hasn't even hinted as to a possible release date, then why record a cover album? Why record anything new at all? Thats my entire point here. Way I see it, UMG has set GNR back an indefinite amount of time. If there was a timeline in place, and I realize that's a big IF in the world of GNR. But if there was, and it was similar to what Axl said about "same channel, same time" or however he hinted around to it way back when. And what Baz said about three releases, broken out over a certain amount of time, when he referred to Axl being like George Lucas planning in advance regarding Star Wars. Then say CD2 was slated for a 2010 release. CD3 releases in 2012. Then I'd say it would be completely logical to assume the CURRENT band was writing and recording, especially since the vast majority of CD2 & 3 had been completely done since, say...2009, including the re recording of parts by any current members. Which would mean outside of touring, they would have had since 2010 to begin working up new songs. That gives them 3 years exclusively working together, as a band, focusing on there collective new ideas without the burden or weight of the CD sessions hanging over them. I'd say its easily plenty of time for the rest of the band, excluding Axl, to have recorded, produced and mastered many instrumentals, and would be waiting for Axl to lay down lyrics, and record his vocals. Of which he to has had 3 years, outside of touring, to focus on one new album, and 12 new tracks. So lets give them some room here. Since they have been touring machine with the releases of CD2 & 3, ttake a full year off. Slate a release of the current bands first full length record together, with nothing from the CD sessions, in 2014. That's 3 new records within 6 years. Instead CD2, or whatever it's gonna be called, sits at UMG collecting dust with absolutely no collective future. If I'm Axl, or any other member of the band, I'm now fully and completely reserved to being a touring band only. I mean, why torture myself with creating more music that my record label has no intentions of releasing?

Guys, you have to understand the intentions of the letter.

Manets, can you publish their response? Please.

Did they respond to email or are you talking about the Facebook message?

"He came out firstly to say GNR are still intent on pulling off the tour for the Brazilian fans. Then he informed myself and Manets that GNR management were 'checking' our letter on behalf of MyGNR. Now, he's went and clarified something which has been playing on our minds for weeks. If you aren't already aware, he revealed that GNR are 'working on the Vegas DVD'."

I can't believe people can listen to the lyrics on CD or watch the live shows over the past few years and still call Axl a perfectionist. Laughable.

That may be so, although I would say that what you're doing here day in day out is more laughable. In my opinion.

I can't believe people can listen to the lyrics on CD or watch the live shows over the past few years and still call Axl a perfectionist. Laughable.

That may be so, although I would say that what you're doing here day in day out is more laughable. In my opinion.

:sleeper:

Guys, you have to understand the intentions of the letter.

Manets, can you publish their response? Please.

Did they respond to email or are you talking about the Facebook message?

"He came out firstly to say GNR are still intent on pulling off the tour for the Brazilian fans. Then he informed myself and Manets that GNR management were 'checking' our letter on behalf of MyGNR. Now, he's went and clarified something which has been playing on our minds for weeks. If you aren't already aware, he revealed that GNR are 'working on the Vegas DVD'."
So they got back to Manets an NGOG via Facebook and not directly.

he seems to be a perfectionist compared to 2 takes and out punk rockers. Axl is like the Stanley Kubrick of rock.

If he was that perfeccionist we wouldn't have only 5 good songs out of Chinese Democracy.

And he would have re-done the vocals which by the way date back to almost the 90's...

That's nice and all. I get the effort. But at this point I don't think Axl or Team Brazil care about their fans nor do I believe they're even capable of functioning like a normal band. I don't think it'll make any sort of difference. Axl is batshit crazy beyond repair and simply can not function. Team Brazil have proven to be nothing but a bunch of unprofessional people who only manage to annoy the fanbase and drive fans away.

^^