The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

Got this at IGN:

Just realized something interesting.

You know how in the first half of the season, when Walt goes to visit Hank at the office for one of those "Waterworks Sessions", Hank mimes shooting his head with a gun for having to deal with Walt.

When that action is put a little more generally, doesn't it sound like a possible Chekov's gun?

-

Chehkov's Gun:

"Chekhov's gun is a dramatic principle which requires that every element in a narrative be necessary and irreplaceable, and that everything else be removed.%5B1%5D%5B2%5D%5B3%5D Stated by Anton Chekhov, "Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."%5B3%5D%5B4%5D Under this principle, a seemingly unimportant object ("Chekhov's gun") that is shown or mentioned in the narrative will serve as a plot device or have some other significance later (i.e. foreshadowing). Variations on the statement include:"

I never bother with this stuff because half of it is red herrings and false foreshadowing.

If Saul dies I might honestly shed a tear.

Really interesting prediction from Reddit:

(no leaks, just a really believable prediction)

After seeing that awesome ending, I believe it will play out like this....

Jesse doesnt light the fire due to seeing something of Hollys in the house. Instead he spray paints Heisenberg on the wall, as sort of a scarlet letter.

Fast forward to a scene with Jesse talking to hank ("Mr White is the devil" from the promo). Skylar wants Walt to kill Jesse but he refuses.

Just when Hank is about to report his findings to the DEA, the Nazis show up and kidnap Jesse, thereby rendering Hanks only witness as M.I.A.

Walt fakes his death (foreshadowing from Maries comments about dying) to get rid of the DEA heat, but gets word the Nazis are going to kill Jesse, so he prepares for war (M60).

What am I missing?

I think this would be way off. The direction the writers are going - they are basically turning the audience (and Walt) against Jesse. He is starting to be the "thorn in the side" so to speak, so Walt going back to save Jesse makes no sense....not now, anyway. If anything, I think the opposite might be true - Walt wants Jesse dead after - more or less - blowing his cover, ruining his operation, not taking advantage of the MANY chances Walt gave him with money, putting his family in danger, etc, etc., etc.

Someone will die next week, I can feel it. Vince promised us plenty of bloodshed in the final 8, and Declan is the only death of any importance yet.

I think so too.

There was an article I read somewhere and the writer was on set and he quoted the writers (talking about episode 4 - the next episode) and they were trying to figure out "how they would kill this guy". So yes, I'm almost 100% certain, someone dies in the next episode.

Jesse doesnt light the fire due to seeing something of Hollys in the house. Instead he spray paints Heisenberg on the wall, as sort of a scarlet letter.

Fast forward to a scene with Jesse talking to hank ("Mr White is the devil" from the promo). Skylar wants Walt to kill Jesse but he refuses.

Just when Hank is about to report his findings to the DEA, the Nazis show up and kidnap Jesse, thereby rendering Hanks only witness as M.I.A.

Walt fakes his death (foreshadowing from Maries comments about dying) to get rid of the DEA heat, but gets word the Nazis are going to kill Jesse, so he prepares for war (M60).

What am I missing?

I think this would be way off. The direction the writers are going - they are basically turning the audience (and Walt) against Jesse. He is starting to be the "thorn in the side" so to speak, so Walt going back to save Jesse makes no sense....not now, anyway. If anything, I think the opposite might be true - Walt wants Jesse dead after - more or less - blowing his cover, ruining his operation, not taking advantage of the MANY chances Walt gave him with money, putting his family in danger, etc, etc., etc.

Someone will die next week, I can feel it. Vince promised us plenty of bloodshed in the final 8, and Declan is the only death of any importance yet.

I think so too.

There was an article I read somewhere and the writer was on set and he quoted the writers (talking about episode 4 - the next episode) and they were trying to figure out "how they would kill this guy". So yes, I'm almost 100% certain, someone dies in the next episode.

Who do you think it might be?

What am I missing?

I think so too.

Who do you think it might be?

No idea. I don't think the Hank committing suicide theory is too far off. Like I previously said, in the last scene that he was in from this past episode, he tells his coworkers that,"he's going for a walk" in the middle of the workday. Plus the fact that Marie told Walt to kill himself - it would be almost like "poetic justice" if Hank kills himself. Plus "the final nail in the coffin" phrase...the dead cop on tv, etc.

Edited by Kasanova King

Plus this:

You know how in the first half of the season, when Walt goes to visit Hank at the office for one of those "Waterworks Sessions", Hank mimes shooting his head with a gun for having to deal with Walt.

When that action is put a little more generally, doesn't it sound like a possible Chekov's gun?

-

Chehkov's Gun:

"Chekhov's gun is a dramatic principle which requires that every element in a narrative be necessary and irreplaceable, and that everything else be removed.[1][2][3] Stated by Anton Chekhov, "Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."[3][4] Under this principle, a seemingly unimportant object ("Chekhov's gun") that is shown or mentioned in the narrative will serve as a plot device or have some other significance later (i.e. foreshadowing). Variations on the statement include:"

I went back to the first episode of this half, and I still don't see the house being in its state due to a fire. I think someone or something stops Jesse before he lights it up in the next episode.

Plus, doesn't the preview show Walt walking down the hallway in the house? Doesn't look like there's a fire, any smoke or any signs of the house burning down.

Also, Jesse painting "Heisenberg" doesn't make sense. In the future flash forward scene, when Walt comes in the house, he stops for a decent period of time to read it - seems like he is reading it for the first time.

Plus this:

-

Chehkov's Gun:

"Chekhov's gun is a dramatic principle which requires that every element in a narrative be necessary and irreplaceable, and that everything else be removed.[1][2][3] Stated by Anton Chekhov, "Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."[3][4] Under this principle, a seemingly unimportant object ("Chekhov's gun") that is shown or mentioned in the narrative will serve as a plot device or have some other significance later (i.e. foreshadowing). Variations on the statement include:"

Could be. The writers have used it before in the series. :)

No idea. I don't think the Hank committing suicide theory is too far off. Like I previously said, in the last scene that he was in from this past episode, he tells his coworkers that,"he's going for a walk" in the middle of the workday. Plus the fact that Marie told Walt to kill himself - it would be almost like "poetic justice" if Hank kills himself. Plus "the final nail in the coffin" phrase...the dead cop on tv, etc.

Interesting theory

But not Hank :(

Hank would never kill himself

If he does die in the next episode, what's gonna happen next? Hank is his main enemy at the moment....

Jesse would probably try and kill him, but i don't know if Walter White would consider killing Jesse... would he?

Does he consider Jesse family?

If he does die in the next episode, what's gonna happen next? Hank is his main enemy at the moment....

Jesse would probably try and kill him, but i don't know if Walter White would consider killing Jesse... would he?

Not so sure about Hank not killing himself. He has a huge ego and that ego is slowly and steadily being dismantled. From everything he's been through, overcoming certain death by the cartel etc. The writers almost made him invincible....that is invincible to everyone but himself....and psychologically now to Heisenberg. Personally, I think there's a lot of evidence pointing to at least some type of suicide attempt - but knowing these writers, there's a good chance he doesn't go through with it or someone or something stops it from happening.

I don't see Jesse trying to kill Hank at all. He's much more angry at Walt now and I think his feud with Hank is in the past.

I have a feeling that Walt's patience with Jesse has reached its boiling point and can see Walt going after Jesse now.

What?! No, Hank can't die in the next episode. Why the hell am I reading this thread? :max:

It's all just speculation and none of this stuff is based on any type of spoilers or leaked information - so you really have nothing to worry about....unless we're that good.... :lol:

Not so sure about Hank not killing himself. He has a huge ego and that ego is slowly and steadily being dismantled. From everything he's been through, overcoming certain death by the cartel etc. The writers almost made him invincible....that is invincible to everyone but himself....and psychologically now to Heisenberg. Personally, I think there's a lot of evidence pointing to at least some type of suicide attempt - but knowing these writers, there's a good chance he doesn't go through with it or someone or something stops it from happening.

I don't see Jesse trying to kill Hank at all. He's much more angry at Walt now and I think his feud with Hank is in the past.

I have a feeling that Walt's patience with Jesse has reached its boiling point and can see Walt going after Jesse now.

What?! No, Hank can't die in the next episode. Why the hell am I reading this thread? :max:

It's all just speculation and none of this stuff is based on any type of spoilers or leaked information - so you really have nothing to worry about....unless we're that good.... :lol:

Great point of view.. i see what you mean now and maybe it is possible he kills himself

I meant Jesse would want to kill Walt... that would be the only reason he would need that gun from the beginning

I hope he does go after Jesse.... and I hope he succeeds

Great point of view.. i see what you mean now and maybe it is possible he kills himself

I meant Jesse would want to kill Walt... that would be the only reason he would need that gun from the beginning

I hope he does go after Jesse.... and I hope he succeeds

Isn't it amazing how the writers turn characters from heroes to villains and then back to heroes....Jesse was an audience favorite, leading up to this season....but now, he's almost like a thorn in the side to everyone! :lol: