The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

Jesse is alive until at least the sixth episode. It was one of the last things they filmed.
;)

If nobody dies tonight, I'll drink my own piss!

Screen-Shot-2013-09-01-at-3.25.06-PM.png

I'm going to go a different way...No main character will die this episode. Main character using the same criteria as that redditor.

Yeah, bitch!

:lol:

How would you feel if you found out your "best friend" poisoned a kid you were close to, to manipulate you into doing something for him? What reasons does Jesse have to protect Walt at this point?

That's a valid point... but remember... all that was Jesse's fault to begin with

How would you feel if you found out your "best friend" poisoned a kid you were close to, to manipulate you into doing something for him? What reasons does Jesse have to protect Walt at this point?

That's a valid point... but remember... all that was Jesse's fault to begin with

I guess that's true if you go all the way back to what created the tension between Walt and Gus, which was Walt saving Jesse from getting killed by those two dealers.

Walter telling Jesse to fuck off and then coming back inviting him to cook meth is the three or four first seasons in a nutshell.

By the way, this episode was kind of boring... So far it's been:

Masterpiece

Boring

Masterpiece

Boring

So, following the logic, another fantastic episode is on it's way.

Edited by ManetsBR

Walter telling Jesse to fuck off and then coming back inviting him to cook meth is the three or four first seasons in a nutshell.

By the way, this episode was kind of boring... So far it's been:

Masterpiece

Boring

Masterpiece

Boring

So, following the logic, another fantastic episode is on it's way.

I actually thought every episode up until tonight's was really good. I guess this could actually be considered the "filler" episode for the final 8...and I say that very lightly, considering that even tonight's episode developed the story line and linked a lot of the subplots together. It also is probably one of the biggest character development episodes in the entire series.

For example, tonight was the first time we see three of the main character literally, 'Breaking Bad' other than Walt. This theory, that everyone was going to eventually 'Break Bad' has been circulating since last summer. Let me explain:

Skylar has now officially "Broken Bad" by basically telling Walt to kill Jesse.

Marie has now officially "Broken Bad" by trying to figure out a way to kill Walt by poisoning him - the entire reason for the drawn out scene with her psychologist was to show exactly that - that Marie has officially, "Broken Bad".

Finally, Hank (although he's come close previously) has officially, "Broken Bad" by saying that he didn't care whether or not Jesse would get killed (This is a huge violation on several levels. Police have a duty to protect their witnesses at all costs, etc.) plus he went on to say that he would have actually preferred Jesse getting killed because they would have it on camera!

So yes, tonight's episode was huge in those aspects. The writers are showing the audience that none of them are innocent - justifying their eventual deaths by the end of the series. If anything, this episode has sealed the fates of Skylar, Marie and Hank.