The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

Did anyone else think Walt's explanation to Skylar and Jr about the gas, was kinda lame?

He's smarter than that.

Walt has never been a good liar around Skyler. Last episode he said he had to check the door of the vending machine because it was catching instead of latching.

I don't get the whole "Hank breaking bad" crew.

Jesse is a "Bad Guy."

But the fact that he would sacrifice a human life to get his man is pretty morbid, don't you think? Def not how he would behave in the beginning of the series.
Plus it could be very bad for Hank and Gomez if anyone at the DEA were to find out they did nothing to protect a witness in order to incriminate someone else.

The other thing I was thinking about.. When Jesse left the room and they were talking about catching his murder on tape... Have referred to Jesse as a junkie murderer. So that means hank knows who killed Gail, and if so, wats that mean for Jesse?

Or he just considers him guilty by association. I have no clue how they'd know Jesse killed Gale unless he admitted it on camera.

I don't get the whole "Hank breaking bad" crew.

Jesse is a "Bad Guy."

But the fact that he would sacrifice a human life to get his man is pretty morbid, don't you think? Def not how he would behave in the beginning of the series.

But if you read the interview of Dean Norris (Hank) I posted a few posts ago, you'll see that he doesn't think the character actually means what he's saying here. Yes, his character has evolved since the beginning of the show (not at all planned, as initially Hank was meant to be the comic relief of the show), but to suggest that because he's using hyperbole that he may or not actually believe (lots of characters say things but it often proves not to be the case), it doesn't mean he's breaking bad like Walt.

From the interview:

Daily Beast: But then--and this is what’s so brilliant about Breaking Bad—Hank also says in Sunday’s episode that he’s willing to let Jesse die to get Walt. There’s always that grey area in every character. That complexity. Hank is not all “white knight.”

Norris: Right. I think that’s the first time in five seasons that you see that from Hank. It reflects the desperation he’s feeling now. It’s all in that one little line; you don’t see a whole lot of it other than that.

Daily Beast: What were you feeling when you shot the scene?

Norris: When I played it, in my mind the line was… Hank was putting up a little bit of a front. I don’t think Hank felt completely comfortable saying he would let Jesse die. His “so be it” attitude was kind of a macho thing—for his partner’s benefit. Hank was kind of sad that he had go there.

Edited by downzy

I think the end has leaked, though I didn't click on the spoiler tag to see what it was about. Trying my best to not have the show ruined before I see it firsthand. But apparently, most who have read the mega spoiler have come to regret it. Not exactly sure why - do they regret it because the spoiler includes confirmation or does the possible spoiler itself ruin the show? - but judging from the comments made after it was posted I'm certainly glad I haven't been exposed to it.

What's up with the new title of the other thread? Did something huge leak and get confirmed or something? And no spoilers please, just explain the situation.

Possible big spoiler, was just a picture but it could be the ending of the show. Could easily happen next episode, it is something pretty major but at the same time without context it is hard to judge just how major.

Is that the same as what Manets posted in here?

No, what Manets posted was a comic rendering of what could be a final scene in the show (involves Walt and Hank). I took it as a fan's prediction and no so much as a genuine spoiler. I know some shows like to use storyboards, but this was far too well done to be one. I could be wrong, but it looked like fan-fiction.

If you're talking about the picture I posted it's just a still from Under the Dome :rofl-lol:

Fuck dude, I thought that when i'd first saw the picture initially but wasn't sure because i've never seen the show before :lol: Well played

Neither have I, but I knew Dean Norris was in it. I went to the wiki for the newest episode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_of_the_Devil_%28Under_the_Dome%29

"the four see a vision of Big Jim bleeding from three stab wounds and a bloody nose"

Dean Norris plays Big Jim.

The first 25 minutes was just pure filler. Spending all that time cleaning up fuel, going to a hotel while worrying & explaining to someone that fucked behind his back.

He only turned Heisenberg when he ordered the hit at the end. Its time for Walt to be bad ass again. Instead of crying for Jesse back on the phone.

"I am the danger, skyler"

So did the ending leak or did Bacardi cupcake the fuck outta all of you?

We don't know. Manets apparently posted something else which isn't what Bacardi posted which could be the ending. Haven't looked at it, deleted the post since this isn't the right thread for it, and they may or may not be discussing it in the leak thread.

So did the ending leak or did Bacardi cupcake the fuck outta all of you?

We don't know. Manets apparently posted something else which isn't what Bacardi posted which could be the ending. Haven't looked at it, deleted the post since this isn't the right thread for it, and they may or may not be discussing it in the leak thread.

Do you have the power to block specific forum member from posting in certain topics? If someone posts a spoiler (or even a potential spoiler to seek attention) in this thread they should be suspended for 7 days.

Again, I wouldn't worry about what Manets posted in this thread. It was very likely fan-fiction and doesn't square up at all with what the actors and show creator have been saying about where this show is heading. And even if it does prove true there was very little context and really wouldn't ruin anything.

But I do agree with banning anyone who posts series-ending spoilers in this thread.