The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

That ending cliffhanger had me shaking by the end of it.

Me too. I felt like I was on a caffeine high.

The last time I reacted like this was the season 3 ending with Jesse shooting Gale.

Mike's death did it for me too. I got Gus' death spoiled for me, so I'll never know how I should have reacted :(

That ending cliffhanger had me shaking by the end of it.

Me too. I felt like I was on a caffeine high.

The last time I reacted like this was the season 3 ending with Jesse shooting Gale.

Mike's death did it for me too. I got Gus' death spoiled for me, so I'll never know how I should have reacted :(

Same as, I read a spoiler for the last episode by accident as someone posted it as a "theory" but everything he said was right. Even after that I thought it would be a little outlandish for that to happen so when it did I was a little disappointed.

Talking Bad is just terrible.

Talking Dead was implemented fairly early in the show's run. I'm still not a fan, but given the fact that it inherently courts a very 'geeky' fanbase (being a zombie show and all), it made sense. Having guys like Kevin Smith on there and stuff...I never watched a single episode and I was never a fan of the idea, but I understood the appeal to the fanatics.

But for Breaking Bad? This is just a whole other type of show, and to bring in a 'Talking Bad' program in the second half of the final season just seems so fucking crass.

couldn't agree more, can't believe anybody watches those shows.

Is some peoples TV comprehension so bad they need to have other people talk about it to make it more clear?

Talking Bad is just terrible.

Talking Dead was implemented fairly early in the show's run. I'm still not a fan, but given the fact that it inherently courts a very 'geeky' fanbase (being a zombie show and all), it made sense. Having guys like Kevin Smith on there and stuff...I never watched a single episode and I was never a fan of the idea, but I understood the appeal to the fanatics.

But for Breaking Bad? This is just a whole other type of show, and to bring in a 'Talking Bad' program in the second half of the final season just seems so fucking crass.

couldn't agree more, can't believe anybody watches those shows.

Is some peoples TV comprehension so bad they need to have other people talk about it to make it more clear?

It definitely is pretty bad but it's not that much different than talking about it here.

One thing I didn't understand was why Hank and/or Gomez didn't show Uncle Jack their badges. Didn't one of them have them on them? I realize that they were conducting this mission under the radar of their employers, but you would think they'd still have their badges with them. Didn't Jack say that if they showed them their badges they would turn around? Maybe I missed something in that scene.

Pretty sure Hank and Gomez knew it didn't actually matter if they showed their badges or not. It was an intense scene that couldn't end any other way than with bullets flying, it looked like Hank was legitimately uncertain if he'd make it out of that standoff, and reaching for his badge would only give Jack/the Nazis a chance to take him out without him firing back. He called their bluff :shrugs:

• Like 1

Pretty sure Hank and Gomez knew it didn't actually matter if they showed their badges or not. It was an intense scene that couldn't end any other way than with bullets flying, it looked like Hank was legitimately uncertain if he'd make it out of that standoff, and reaching for his badge would only give Jack/the Nazis a chance to take him out without him firing back. He called their bluff :shrugs:

This. Figured that would be obvious for someone who was analyzing so hard earlier. What next, you gonna ask why they never followed up on that dog Jesse killed? :rofl-lol:

I don't know, seems like they could have rushed to find cover (which they did anyway) and one of them could have reached in to reveal a badge. Just seems that if I were completely out-manned and out-gunned I'd find a way to resolve the situation without the carnage that eventually took place. But you're probably right, Uncle Jack probably would have shot anyway knowing that he needed Walt to help his cook.

Edited by downzy

I thought my heart was gonna jump out of my chest during that cliffhanger, Jesus... What an episode.

Hey J, your predictions make a lot of sense. I could totally see Jesse and Walt teaming up again, and then getting the M60 to avenge Jesse's death. I think it would be a good ending.

Edited by ManetsBR

One thing I didn't understand was why Hank and/or Gomez didn't show Uncle Jack their badges. Didn't one of them have them on them? I realize that they were conducting this mission under the radar of their employers, but you would think they'd still have their badges with them. Didn't Jack say that if they showed them their badges they would turn around? Maybe I missed something in that scene.

I was thinking they may not have had their badges on them since they weren't on official duty.

This. Figured that would be obvious for someone who was analyzing so hard earlier. What next, you gonna ask why they never followed up on that dog Jesse killed? :rofl-lol:

Yeah kind of felt like the minute Hank and Gomie let their guard down to show their badges they would have been shot to shit!

It's been like 4 months.

Yep first episode was his 50th birthday, first episode of season 5 had his 51st birthday and then 52nd in the diner as well.