Ladies and gents, meet your new Batman...

Keaton > West > Kilmer > Clooney > Affleck > Bale

I often wonder do you have a tongue in your mouth because you have no taste whatsoever. Firstly, Adam West didn't even play Batman. He wore a Batman suit and played a character which conservative US society would accept. He was basically Superman in a Batman suit.

Secondly, although you have some sort of love affair with Keaton, to date Christian Bale is the quintessential caped crusader. Keaton is a distant second although Kilmer could have been good if he wasn't working with Schumacher. Clooney is the worst Batman by far and you can't even include Affleck because he hasn't played the role yet.

I preferred Keaton actually if only because he didn't do that stupid fucking growling voice that Bale did. <_<

I agree. Bale's Bruce Wayne was decent but his Batman sucked.

Firstly, Adam West didn't even play Batman. He wore a Batman suit and played a character which conservative US society would accept. He was basically Superman in a Batman suit.

He very much did play Batman. You have to consider the era. My oldest Batman comic (actually it's Detective) is from the 50's and the story premise is Batman and Robin go to Mars.

The 60's t.v. show was conceived as camp of the highest order, it was an in joke. "Conservative US society" didn't get it. It went right over their heads, that's why it had such a brief run. Kids just loved it because it looked cool and it was "Batman".

The stoners got it, it was mandatory viewing back then.

The youth of that generation in the 60's quite strongly indentify that protrayal as their Batman (I do).

I was at a comic con this summer and Adam West was there. He literally had the longest autograph line in the place, it snaked through the entire venue. People of all ages waiting, for hours. Quite honestly, it was the motivavting factor for me deciding to attend. Damn near my entire life I wantd to meet "Batman", and that day I stood in front of him, shook his hand, got his autograph..it was quite literally a dream come true. AND... I sat in the fuckin 60's Batmobile. No joke, It was one the greatest days of my life, that is how much that particluar Batman was a big part of my childhood, and that remained with me to this day.

I watched grown men get his autograph, leave the line and just stand there and stare at the autograph. The look of complete joy on their faces.

No dude, for many, Adam West very much did play Batman.

And the new DC comic series "Batman '66" based on the characters in the 60's t.v. show is pretty damn cool!

Firstly, Adam West didn't even play Batman. He wore a Batman suit and played a character which conservative US society would accept. He was basically Superman in a Batman suit.

He very much did play Batman. You have to consider the era. My oldest Batman comic (actually it's Detective) is from the 50's and the story premise is Batman and Robin go to Mars.

The 60's t.v. show was conceived as camp of the highest order, it was an in joke. "Conservative US society" didn't get it. It went right over their heads, that's why it had such a brief run. Kids just loved it because it looked cool and it was "Batman".

The stoners got it, it was mandatory viewing back then.

The youth of that generation in the 60's quite strongly indentify that protrayal as their Batman (I do).

I was at a comic con this summer and Adam West was there. He literally had the longest autograph line in the place, it snaked through the entire venue. People of all ages waiting, for hours. Quite honestly, it was the motivavting factor for me deciding to attend. Damn near my entire life I wantd to meet "Batman", and that day I stood in front of him, shook his hand, got his autograph..it was quite literally a dream come true. AND... I sat in the fuckin 60's Batmobile. No joke, It was one the greatest days of my life, that is how much that particluar Batman was a big part of my childhood, and that remained with me to this day.

I watched grown men get his autograph, leave the line and just stand there and stare at the autograph. The look of complete joy on their faces.

No dude, for many, Adam West very much did play Batman.

And the new DC comic series "Batman '66" based on the characters in the 60's t.v. show is pretty damn cool!

I agree. Thou shalt not dis Adam West.

Holy Mashed Potatoes.

The 60's t.v. show was conceived as camp of the highest order, it was an in joke.

I understand that you have a childhood affiliation with that particular Batman but it just doesn't do justice to Bob Kane's image of a dark, corrupted soul. That is why I do not regard Adam West's Batman as a legitimate portrayal of the character. It was a Batman that relied entirely on a camp sense of intellect rather than resorting to the cold-blooded brutality synonymous with Bob Kane's creation.

The 60's t.v. show was conceived as camp of the highest order, it was an in joke.

I understand that you have a childhood affiliation with that particular Batman but it just doesn't do justice to Bob Kane's image of a dark, corrupted soul. That is why I do not regard Adam West's Batman as a legitimate portrayal of the character. It was a Batman that relied entirely on a camp sense of intellect rather than resorting to the cold-blooded brutality synonymous with Bob Kane's creation.

Like I said...Detective comics, 1950's ..Batman and Robin go to Mars.

The character of Batman was not always doom and gloom. It's what aspect of the varied presentations from the varied eras you choose to identify with.

Slightly off topic, but...

movies coming out in 2015: Batman vs. Superman, Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, Jurassic Park 4, Mission Impossible 5, Spongebob 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Terminator reboot, Popeye reboot, Peanuts reboot, Ant-Man, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet and Clank, Kung Fu Panda 3, Alvin and the Chipmunks 4, Smurfs 3, Fantastic Four reboot, Hunger Games 4 and James Bond 24

...just thought I'd share that...

That's it. Get fucked Hollywood. I've had quite enough.

It'll work, obviously Snyder has seen something in Affleck that he wants to explore. But in typical Snyder fashion, it'll be style over story. Snyder is casting a ruggedly handsome cliche instead of continuing with the successful formula of selecting somebody that is a relatively unknown face and name. Christian Bale for example isn't this alphamale archetype, but through Batman, he was able to achieve that.

I think the way "American Psycho" factored into Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne, "Hollywoodland" was when they looked at Affleck, and being that he played "Daredevil", had some idea of how he'd be in costume.

Maybe it's his last big payday so he can direct and produce more, Mark Wahlberg said he's taking the action money checks until he has enough fuck you money to just finance projects the older he gets. Seth can squeeze out a "Ted" sequel with him.

When they casted Heath Ledger as the joker, everybody laughed and made fun. I was one that would say, how can broke back be the joker? And then he proved everybody wrong. The fan boys went crazy when Anne Hathaway was casted as Catwoman. And over all her reviews were fantastic! She is my favorite character in TDKR. I even read an article that people laughed at Michael Keaton being casted as Batman. All I am saying, he might surprise us. Argo wasn't bad! Since taking the role of being a director, his acting skills have improved. I am not excited, but from the casting of previous Batman movies, we might be surprised.

When they casted Heath Ledger as the joker, everybody laughed and made fun. I was one that would say, how can broke back be the joker? And then he proved everybody wrong. The fan boys went crazy when Anne Hathaway was casted as Catwoman. And over all her reviews were fantastic! She is my favorite character in TDKR. I even read an article that people laughed at Michael Keaton being casted as Batman. All I am saying, he might surprise us. Argo wasn't bad! Since taking the role of being a director, his acting skills have improved. I am not excited, but from the casting of previous Batman movies, we might be surprised.

Even if Assfleck DOES do a good job, it doesn't really matter. With this casting, they've resigned themselves to the fact that their version of the Avengers will have Ben Affleck playing Batman, and not the guy who's actually famous for the popular Batman trilogy of the past decade. Can you imagine if Marvel replaced RDJ as Iron Man for the Avengers?

They'd better hope he does a good job in Supes vs. Bats.