The new album (if it materializes...)

Tom2112

I'm just curious to see where other people's heads are at with this. All new music or the old stuff. I know this has been asked before, but it always seems to go way off topic so... lets keep it simple and on topic. Example, I want an all new record with the current band or, I want to hear the old CD session stuff. lets try and stay away from the usual Axl will never release it spiels, we know where people stand on that :D

I think a new record written and recorded 100% by this line up would be amazing

that being said, im dying to hear the un released stuff and that takes priority for me. although i wouldnt mind if it just leaked or was released as bonus tracks or something at this point since i believe the current band should have a chance to prove themselves

whatever moves the band forward

Not exactly what I meant but a start. You basically want the Chinese material. I want it, but I think I would rather new material that wasn't wrote ten year ago... As said I have a curiosity and I'm sure i'd love it but I can't claim the bands relevant if the band that releases an album isn't the same band that tours it. also, they have a pretty solid touring band I want to hear that chemistry on record.

think a new record written and recorded 100% by this line up would be amazing

that being said, im dying to hear the un released stuff and that takes priority for me. although i wouldnt mind if it just leaked or was released as bonus tracks or something at this point since i believe the current band should have a chance to prove themselves

whatever moves the band forward

I like the idea of releasing the CDII tracks as a bonus edition. Pick the best out of the batch and release them, they could come up with some really interesting marketing strategies and competitions with the material. But yeah, new record current band.

I guess the idea would be to blend in new guys, tothe point where you cant say its a bucket or ashba album its GNR.

But songs written by ashba, ron, fortus might get on there with Axl songs and bucket and finck songs. Freese written some too.

But there might be Axl songs with Bucket playing. But no Bucket penned songs as much as Shacklers is?

If you want paint by numbers wildly generic EMO music that makes you want to cut yourself you want a DJ album.

If you want something that has some creativity and originality you want the Bucket/Finck material.

Just listen to the difference in the DJ version of Better vs. the original. It was neutered and lacking balls. We could expect more of the same for anything he is involved in.

look at CD

Chi dem - Freese

Shackler's - Bucket

Better - Finck

SoD - Axl

ITW - I'm going to say Axl produced by Pitman

TWAT - Axl

Catcher - Axl

basically 1 side of a GNR album is 4 Axl songs with 3 other songs

Dj to open

Ron fast metal song

Fortus single

Jackie Chan

Soul Monster

The General

Atlas Shrugged

sound possible?

Tough to say at this point. I'd love to hear the remaining legendary songs from the Buckethead/Robin era, but I'd like to hear what the new band can do as a cohesive unit starting from scratch.

Clearly the only way forward is to release a double disc album to document the transition in sound and style.

I'll never understand how axl adding vocals to instrumentals written already by others makes them axl songs

this has always been something i dont get. My guess is those are Axl songs. Tobias wrote Twat and Catcher maybe. Catcher seems very much Axl. Lyrics n melodies are all important.

It would be interesting to know how Axl puts the songs together.

If I hear another Scom intro ill die tho.

I'll never understand how axl adding vocals to instrumentals written already by others makes them axl songs

Often he does more than just add vocals. He comes up with the songstructure. Chooses which parts of the guitar solos he wants to use in the song and stuff like that. But I do get what yor saying. It's always a team effort.