What's Dr. Pepper up to these days?

axlsalinger

Since manager after manager fails to help or convince Axl to release new music, maybe it's time for another visit to the doctor.

z7y1.jpg

If you're suffering from lack of refreshment, how about a sweet cherry flavoured cola-style prescription to sip on ... while listening to the sweet sweet stylings of Chinese Democracy 2? Sure there may have been a lawsuit or two in the past, but that's nothing new in the world of Guns n' Roses. Somebody in the GNR camp was fired and re-hired twice while you were reading this sentence! Come on Dr. Pepper - the world needs you to step up to the plate again with a new promotion.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2008/10/22/guns-n-roses-bring-a-free-dr-pepper-to-all-americans-heres-how-to-get-yours/

Now that the November 23 release date for Guns N' Roses' oft-delayed, more-than-a-decade-in-the-making album, Chinese Democracy, seems to be a reality, Dr Pepper owes every American a can of soda.

Back in March, the beverage company said that it would give every man, woman, and a child in the U.S. a free can of Dr. Pepper should Guns N' Roses release Chinese Democracy before the close of 2008. And now, the event no one — certainly not the folks at Dr Pepper — thought would happen is rapidly approaching.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing for Dr Pepper, said in a statement issued Wednesday. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

qbkd.jpg

"I believe that if Dr Pepper didn't make that offer, that the record would still not be out." - Marc Canter

In regards to Canter's comment. Why would Axl release the album to spite Dr Pepper?

Exactly. Everybody really overrates Marc's 'insider' status. I have no doubt that he could tell you anything about old GNR, but as far as anything beyond 2001, he's just a slightly more well-informed speculator.

Heh, just looking at some old threads and it appears kaneda was involved. Maybe it's time to go back to the marketing department.

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is... our new Cherry Red Panda flavour!" - Dr. Pepper

Edited by axlsalinger

In regards to Canter's comment. Why would Axl release the album to spite Dr Pepper?

Exactly. Everybody really overrates Marc's 'insider' status. I have no doubt that he could tell you anything about old GNR, but as far as anything beyond 2001, he's just a slightly more well-informed speculator.

He seems to be more credible than the rest of the frequent posters on here you must agree.

MYTB.png

Sorry NGOG...I swear I won't do that again (until next time I do it). Either way, I'd say that's crossing the line a bit. No one claims (most certainly not Marc himself) that Marc is an expert of the band post 2001. He has specifically said this on numerous occasions. But he IS someone who has extensive knowledge of the band from the 1980s until 2001, and is one of the few people we know of that (until 2008) was friends with both Slash and Axl. Nobody expects him to know about Axl's decision regarding the band, he was simply offering an opinion that he was able to surmise based off of his knowledge of Guns N' Roses.

I have never seen him say that about Dr. Pepper, bu I'd imagine he was saying something along the lines of that it was the Dr. Pepper deal (and the leaks) that got Chinese Democracy back in the eye of the public enough for the label to decide it was worth releasing. I think March has been a blessing to this community. He says what he believe is fair, is willing to call band members out on both their strengths and weaknesses, and also refuses to give in to the name calling, exaggeration, and speculation that plagues this band.

Edited by themadcaplaughs