Rock in Rio V Thread

ManetsBR

Anyone watching Muse livestream on YouTube? Fantastic concert!

Tomorrow Justin Timberlake, next day Ghost, Alice In Chains, Sebastian Bach and Metallica.

Next friday Matchbox Twenty, Nickelback and Bon Jovi. On Saturday, John Mayer and Bruce Springsteen and then Sevenfold, Slayer and Iron Maiden closing the fest.

this festival becomes more and more ridiculous every new edition. the mainstream brazilian acts are so bad, and they have nothing to do with rock, yet they all dress in black and try to look badass, any european festival is better than this, just for the fact the level of crappy music is a lot lower. they should change the name, it's not a rock festival, it's a world music festival and 90% of it sucks.

this festival becomes more and more ridiculous every new edition. the mainstream brazilian acts are so bad, and they have nothing to do with rock, yet they all dress in black and try to look badass, any european festival is better than this, just for the fact the level of crappy music is a lot lower. they should change the name, it's not a rock festival, it's a world music festival and 90% of it sucks.

It has always been an all gender festival. You seem to be brazilian... the first edition had Pepeu Gomes, Baby Brazil, Ney Matogrosso etc... There have always been all kinds of genres. Look at this:

1379023893.jpg

The fest. is still mainly Rock. Just because your conception of what good Rock is changed, doesn't mean the festival isn't a Rock N' Roll festival anymore.

Fucking crazed fan pulls Beyonce almost completely off the stage, but she handled it with class and professionalism. Why can't they just watch the damn show? Imagine if somebody had done that to Axl. :lol:

And yes I know this happened in Sao Paulo. ;)

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

Went to Metallica day yesterday, GREAT shows. Metallica's awesome as always but what really got me impressed was Rob Zombie. Dude has AMAZING stage presence! And I was so close to the stage! There were like 3-4 rows of people in front of me tops! John 5's a monster too!

Bon Jovi's show is alright right now. Nickleback I watched for about 20 minutes haha fuck they suck. Justin Timberlake should be good tomorrow. That guy is a legit performer despite what crusty old rock and "too cool" young rock fans think.

Bon Jovi's show is alright right now. Nickleback I watched for about 20 minutes haha fuck they suck. Justin Timberlake should be good tomorrow. That guy is a legit performer despite what crusty old rock and "too cool" young rock fans think.

Justin was last Sunday. Tomorrow's John Mayer and Bruce Springsteen. Then sunday's Maiden and it's over.