Secret Metallica project to be announced as early as tomorrow!

Raz0r

Load is a pretty wicked album, Im not as hot for Reload but still miles ahead of anything that's followed IMO.

I know its trendy to rag on the 'tallica these days, but they are definitely one of the few bands that I loved as a teenager and have "gown out of" so to speak, or perhaps "haven't stood the test of time/held my interest" is better.

Kill Em All, RTL, the old Garage EPs and Load are about all I ever listen to/own, and to be honest I cant remember the last time I put any of those on...actually Id add live shit binge and purge on there if I had it...but yeah they still get me going for sure but these days I find Muppets, and in particular Justice and the Black album well...boring.

I know people feel that way about Led Zep IV,Paranoid, Back In Black or AFD (as in the really popular album with all the big songs on it) and all that but this is different...over two decades after I heard the UYI albums for a relevant example I still get that feeling when I hear the intro to pretty tied up or what have you...

DOOM RAMBLE :drool:

maybe with all the remix albums going on theyve finally decided to remix and remaster and justice for all so we can actually hear the bass parts more now, rerecording would be cool but i think the and justice for all album deserves it more

Maybe this will tide you over.

No way.

guh?

Load has some gems on it, and to put it in the same pit as St. Anger...well...I just feel sorry for you.

Bleeding Me > everything.

Bleeding Me is the best thing Metallica have done post Black Album :thumbsup:

I always liked ReLoad more than Load. Both, even by themselves, are far superior to St. Anger.

For the worst mod in the entire history of the Internet you do have some extremely worthy opinions. :lol: Definitely agree, man.

Ugh one more day until I see Through the Never at IMAX. I'm bursting out of my skin in excitement!

So, what was the surprise?

Well, i was in Paris premiere during their promo days, met them and talked a bit. Lars said he couldn't say anything in Paris cause he and Q prime management sent texts together and finally announcement is pushed back.

Kirk said they'll tour with the full arsenal (name of the big stage used in the movie) and the band will enter the studio soon.

Metallica Guitarist Launching Fear Festival

(hennemusic) Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett announced that he will host his first horror convention, "Kirk von Hammett's Fear FestEvil", next February in San Francisco, California.

The three-day event (February 6-8) will feature vending, some live music, "Kirk's Crypt" private tours, panels, signings, special guest appearances and more.

Some of the guests announced to date include makeup FX artists Greg Nicotera (The Walking Dead, Kill Bill 1 &2, Spiderman) and Tom Savini (Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead, Creepshow). more on this story:

http://www.hennemusic.com/2013/10/metallica-guitarist-to-host-first.html

Metallica are turning into newgnr as demonstrated by their studiophobia. Lazy cunts.

You can't compare them. Tallica have a quarterly magazine!

Yeah but look what they have accomplished since Death Magnetic,

-World Magnetic Tour

-Induction into the RNRHOF, I know GNR had this too but unlike GNR, Metallica played with their main former member and it went off without a hitch

-Organization of the Big 4 shows

-Several DVDs and live albums such as Quebec Magnetic, Big 4, that French one, and more

-Beyond Magnetic, an ep of 4 unreleased studio tracks from the Death Magnetic sessions. This would be like an ep with The General, Atlas Shrugged, Jackie Chan, etc... can you imagine if we got that alone?

-A series of anniversary shows in their home town where they played rare tracks, rotated setlists, and had Newsted, Mustaine, and their first bassist play with them

-A collaboration studio album with Lou Reed (it sucks but hey, they did it)

-The organization of a major festival that has already had 2 successful years

-Celebration of album anniversaries where they are played in full, Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, The Black Album

-A major motion picture released in IMAX and cinemas, this is NOT comparable to Appetite for Democracy's concert film if that even sees the light of day as that is just a concert filmed in HD

-Lots of random shows and touring in Europe and a few USA shows since World Magnetic on top of all the above

And keep in mind they have not left fans in the dark regarding a new album, they have been honest saying they haven't started focusing on it until Through the Never comes out and have continued to say next year is when they will write and record it.

Now GNR hasn't been totally useless with things like the Up Close and Personal Tour and the vegas residency, and I am still a GNR fan at heart but you just cannot compare Metallica to GNR, even if both their last studio records came out 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Yeah...Guns will always have their legacy intact from afd to uyi but is a shame it fell apart after...there was so much more potential.

I'm also a huge new gnr supporter but onealbum in all these years is so sag.why did axl fight sohard for the bane and then release one record? So frustrating

Edit-typing and spelling sucks on a phone

Yeah...Guns will always have their legacy intact from afd to uyi but is a shame it fell apart after...there was so much more potential.

I'm also a huge new gnr supporter but onealbum in all these years is so sag.why did axl fight sohard for the bane and then release one record? So frustrating

These points have been brought up a million times before so your spelling could be ten times worse and we'd still know exactly what you're talking about. :rofl-lol:

These points have been brought up a million times before so your spelling could be ten times worse and we'd still know exactly what you're talking about. :rofl-lol:

lol you never know