What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

"It was the perfect Axl record," Slash told the New York Post about 'Chinese Democracy'.

"He's fucking phenomenal".

“Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period.”

Entertainment Weekly: Did you see that MusicRadar.com poll in which Axl was voted the greatest lead singer of all time?

Slash: I did. I thought that was actually pretty fucking cool.

“There’s Axl, Roger Daltrey, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger…. I’d probably say Mick Jagger, only because Mick has been doing it for so long and he’s one of the most charismatic frontmen of all time. But if I had a Top 5, Axl would be in there. And John Lennon…

I have always read the first quote as sarcasm. I may be wrong though he might have meant it in a good way.

No sarcasm at all. The next quote I had was part of the same paragraph as the first quote.

"Axl has always in my mind been one of the best frontmen/lyricists in rock and roll, period."

I dunno... Slash is 80% of the time a pretty cool guy but sometimes he's an asshole. Axl on the other hand is 99% of the time an asshole. I do prefer his music though. Slash is a very political guy. He knows very well that, by saying those things, he's the good guy for everyone. He knows it. And he's not stupid.

He obviously wants back in the band...

If certain stipulations were agreed on - yes. Not the current band, but the one of the line-ups that created the classic GnR music.

I think that Slash, Duff, Adler, Sorum, Gilby and maybe Izzy would LOVE to reform the old band together..............IF, they were going to create music together, release music for the fans, and then do real tours across the world.

Would Slash rejoin GnR if Axl fired one of the three current guitar players? Ha - not in a million years.

Would any of those guys want to reunite the band and then NOT release music and play weddings for rich guys? F*ck no, not in a million years.

So ya, you are kind of correct.

All the old members would love to get back together, record an album and share it with the fans that made them all rich.

Axl and his crew, and Beta and her family, are the ones who don't want that to happen.

Agreed, 100pct.

Slash wants back into the greatest, hottest band on the planet. He wants to get back with his old band mates, you know, the guys who made GNR into a household name: Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Pitman, ESPECIALLY Pitman. Those guys have long-secure their place in rock history. You can't interview any famous musician without hearing Pitman's name as a major influence.

Slash wants back in. Who wouldn't?

• Like 1

Agreed, 100pct.

Slash wants back into the greatest, hottest band on the planet. He wants to get back with his old band mates, you know, the guys who made GNR into a household name: Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Pitman, ESPECIALLY Pitman. Those guys have long-secure their place in rock history. You can't interview any famous musician without hearing Pitman's name as a major influence.

Slash wants back in. Who wouldn't?

Indeed. Let's not forget also that he wouldn't mind one bit to be managed by Axl's mother and her son, and sing happy birthday to Jarmo on stage.

• Like 2

That's all the Axl worshipers have? To quote each other?

Three different people have commented on that sentence - but none of you guys can offer up a proper response?

Is it possible for you guys to stop trolling and adding negativity to the forum and just have a normal conversation?

So again

No - Slash does NOT want into the current band. Not in a million years.

Would Slash reunite with the band that created all the songs that the current band makes their living covering? In a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I would really like to know how old most of you are, -I am 42 years old and have been a fan of GNR when they were in their prime 1987-1994, and still are of the original lineup plus Matt, AND went to 3 shows during that era and there will never be a concert to beat that and will be a fan till I die, Slash is giving AXL a compliment , wtf is wrong with that? I feel like the ones that were there from the beginning of their success understand better than some of u youngsters. Slash and Axl are the best duo -bar none, I Have never bashed Axl or will I ever , Slash is the my most influental person in my music world and Axl isn't far behind if any! To say SLASH wants to be in a band with AXL is great because that's the way I like it and millions more do too, but to say SLASH wants to be in a band with Pittman, Ashba, Stinson and Bumblefoot Give me a fucking break , you dumbfucks are fucking beyond out of your fucking minds, sorry youngsters I love AXL just like you do, but in the original not this thing called gnr , I am a fan of the GUNS N FUCKING ROSES !!!!!!

Edited by iceman51999

I dunno... Slash is 80% of the time a pretty cool guy but sometimes he's an asshole. Axl on the other hand is 99% of the time an asshole. I do prefer his music though. Slash is a very political guy. He knows very well that, by saying those things, he's the good guy for everyone. He knows it. And he's not stupid.

The only person on this board who would know if Slash is an asshole or not is Marc Canter.

On topic , I remember those quotes and I think it was cool of Slash to say those things. He respects the legacy of GN'R unlike some posters on here who think they will be granted party passes by bashing Adler,Izzy,Slash,Duff etc.

That's all the Axl worshipers have? To quote each other?

Three different people have commented on that sentence - but none of you guys can offer up a proper response?

Is it possible for you guys to stop trolling and adding negativity to the forum and just have a normal conversation?

So again

No - Slash does NOT want into the current band. Not in a million years.

Would Slash reunite with the band that created all the songs that the current band makes their living covering? In a heartbeat.

If Axl wanted to replace DJ for Slash then Slash would be all over it. How is that bashing Slash or worshiping Axl?

I would really like to know how old most of you are, -I am 42 years old and have been a fan of GNR when they were in their prime 1987-1994, and still are of the original lineup plus Matt, AND went to 3 shows during that era and there will never be a concert to beat that and will be a fan till I die, Slash is giving AXL a compliment , wtf is wrong with that? I feel like the ones that were there from the beginning of their success understand better than some of u youngsters. Slash and Axl are the best duo -bar none, I Have never bashed Axl or will I ever , Slash is the my most influental person in my music world and Axl isn't far behind if any! To say SLASH wants to be in a band with AXL is great because that's the way I like it and millions more do too, but to say SLASH wants to be in a band with Pittman, Ashba, Stinson and Bumblefoot Give me a fucking break , you dumbfucks are fucking beyond out of your fucking minds, sorry youngsters I love AXL just like you do, but in the original not this thing called gnr , I am a fan of the GNR !

Watch out. You are about to be GN'R-Educated by some kid who wasn't around when GN'R were in their prime. You do make some good points though. The few people left on here who constantly bash Slash,Adler,Duff and Izzy most likely did not see the old band back in the day so they don't have the same kind of attachment as us old folks.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx