What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

I would really like to know how old most of you are, -I am 42 years old and have been a fan of GNR when they were in their prime 1987-1994, and still are of the original lineup plus Matt, AND went to 3 shows during that era and there will never be a concert to beat that and will be a fan till I die, Slash is giving AXL a compliment , wtf is wrong with that? I feel like the ones that were there from the beginning of their success understand better than some of u youngsters. Slash and Axl are the best duo -bar none, I Have never bashed Axl or will I ever , Slash is the my most influental person in my music world and Axl isn't far behind if any! To say SLASH wants to be in a band with AXL is great because that's the way I like it and millions more do too, but to say SLASH wants to be in a band with Pittman, Ashba, Stinson and Bumblefoot Give me a fucking break , you dumbfucks are fucking beyond out of your fucking minds, sorry youngsters I love AXL just like you do, but in the original not this thing called gnr , I am a fan of the GUNS N FUCKING ROSES !!!!!!

I'm 36, and was a huge fan in the late 80's-early 90's..Saw them 3 times on the UYI tour.and 4 times as NEWGNR...and am partial to anything with Axl's rasp on it..whether its old or new GNR..I'm not an Axl or Slash nut swinger..I just want to hear new music..With all that being the case, musically, in concert, the new band in my opinion is far superior to the old..When Axl's voice is on anyway..and yes, I know it's a rarity these days..I'll never understand how you guys. An pick one side or the other in the Axl vs. Slash feud without looking at things objectively..

I'm with Iceman..I'd love to know how old some of you guys are..

With all that being the case, musically, in concert, the new band in my opinion is far superior to the old..

I always find this kind of statement interesting..in what way do you feel they are superior? playing the old music? not trying to be a dick but just interested in why you feel this way............

• Like 1

Slash 'the cancer' can't have his mouth shut for a second.

You do see that he was complimenting Axl......right?

Fellas, this is a positive thread about Axl and Slash.

Let's get back on track and stop with all the fighting.

Wf*ck........well maybe that explains the disconnect you have with Slash then. You weren't even alive during their heyday, so maybe you don't realize how important and vital Slash was to GnR's success. Appetite, Lies and the two Illusions didn't sell 70 million copies solely because of Axl Rose. Slash played a major role in that. Even Axl himself will tell you that. Just because Axl hates Slash as a person doesn't mean that you have to hate him as well. I don't like 90% of the music Slash has created post Guns - but I still respect what he did in creating the legendary music that I've been listening to since before you were born.

I'm 25.

From day one the first bootleg shows I saw were St Louis Riot & Rock in Rio 2001. You can't get anymore opposite than that. I always knew that there was old guns and new guns.

I never saw the band that I loved fall and break apart. Which is why I think it's the old crowd that tend to make the feud. Don't tell me there are 16 year olds out there crying to Axl to get back with Slash, that's ridiculous. Anyone my age or below who wants the old band back together is because they weren't around to witness it - There are plenty shows on youtube with Axl & Slash.

I understand it's more personal to those who were fans in the late 80's. However, they're in there 30's and should have more to worry about than bitching about axl and slash :lol:

I'm 25.

From day one the first bootleg shows I saw were St Louis Riot & Rock in Rio 2001. You can't get anymore opposite than that. I always knew that there was old guns and new guns.

I never saw the band that I loved fall and break apart. Which is why I think it's the old crowd that tend to make the feud. Don't tell me there are 16 year olds out there crying to Axl to get back with Slash, that's ridiculous. Anyone my age or below who wants the old band back together is because they weren't around to witness it - There are plenty shows on youtube with Axl & Slash.

I understand it's more personal to those who were fans in the late 80's. However, they're in there 30's and should have more to worry about than bitching about axl and slash :lol:

You're assuming all fans who were around in the 80's and fans of the original band are dying for a reunion...............

Slash's lack of public anger at Axl for all the crap Axl pulled has always made me not totally trust the sincerity of statements like this.

Sometimes the last line of defense against someone who you think has taken your power away is to make
them seem like the crazy , unreasonable one.
I wonder sometimes if Slash's seemingly peaceful nature isn't covering over a passive aggressive trait.
Slash is much more media savvy than Axl has been or cared to be.

With his movie production, touring and recording for new music, along with time with his family, I seriously doubt he is sitting around giving a damn about Axl's little war.

He's already stated that kind of atmosphere made him want to kill himself. I doubt he wants to dwell in the hate the same way Axl does.

Slash's lack of public anger at Axl for all the crap Axl pulled has always made me not totally trust the sincerity of statements like this.

Sometimes the last line of defense against someone who you think has taken your power away is to make
them seem like the crazy , unreasonable one.
I wonder sometimes if Slash's seemingly peaceful nature isn't covering over a passive aggressive trait.
Slash is much more media savvy than Axl has been or cared to be.

With his movie production, touring and recording for new music, along with time with his family, I seriously doubt he is sitting around giving a damn about Axl's little war.

He's already stated that kind of atmosphere made him want to kill himself. I doubt he wants to dwell in the hate the same way Axl does.

I dont think he carries the same anger Axl does they have such different natures,

but I also believe that none of us operates out of a singular motive so theres probably more than one reason Slash has always seemed so placid and peaceable.

I just hate the whole villian/victim thing that gets applied to them, things arent always what they appear to be.

I think Slash is a sweet Man but hes also a shrewd Man thats all. ;)

Has anyone, after seeing him in the public eye for over 25 years, ever seen him blow a gasket? A hint that there could be something sinister behind all that hair ? Did he ever lose it with the paparazzi, the fans, the media? All those interviews and whoring the limelight, you'd think if he had a dark side lurking in him it would have manifested itself at some point by now.

He doesn't play the victim, it's Axl fans who paint it that way. He's admitted he was angry and bitter, apologized for his part, and moved on. Not everything has to be predicated on some unknown agenda. It's quite possible he is actually what he appears to be. Nothing has ever shown me otherwise.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 1

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

It baffles me how on earth a grown up person hasn't learned the word opinion... CD might be mediocre to you, but for example I think it's the greatest album of the decade. So why wouldn't I support someone who actually makes good music?

Plus how can you say he hasn't made any attempt to connect with his fanbase. He came to every single major fan forum to chat with the fans for christ's sake. How many rockstars do that?

We don't know what exactly happened between Axl and Slash, so who are we to say it's wrong of Axl to hold a grudge? I mean what the fuck do you expect Axl to do? Beg for Slash to come back? Slash was the one who left. Slash was the one who made Axl look like the bad guy. Why should Axl want to have anything to do with him?

When it comes to reunion, the ball is on Slash's side. It seems like Slash only wants to forget about all the problems, but Axl would actually want to face all the problems between them, in order to bury the hatchet. If Slash actually wants to bury the hatchet, he should make a public tweet about it or something. He should make it clear that he is willing to talk about the problems with Axl.

If I've understood correctly Axl would want Slash to apologize for something. And I'm also under the impression that Slash isn't even sure what he should apologize for? So the only logical step would be for Slash to ask Axl what he wants him to apologize for.

But I guess Slash hasn't done that. So the ball is still on Slash's side...

• Like 1

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

It baffles me how on earth a grown up person hasn't learned the word opinion... CD might be mediocre to you, but for example I think it's the greatest album of the decade. So why wouldn't I support someone who actually makes good music?

Plus how can you say he hasn't made any attempt to connect with his fanbase. He came to every single major fan forum to chat with the fans for christ's sake. How many rockstars do that?

We don't know what exactly happened between Axl and Slash, so who are we to say it's wrong of Axl to hold a grudge? I mean what the fuck do you expect Axl to do? Beg for Slash to come back? Slash was the one who left. Slash was the one who made Axl look like the bad guy. Why should Axl want to have anything to do with him?

When it comes to reunion, the ball is on Slash's side. It seems like Slash only wants to forget about all the problems, but Axl would actually want to face all the problems between them, in order to bury the hatchet. If Slash actually wants to bury the hatchet, he should make a public tweet about it or something. He should make it clear that he is willing to talk about the problems with Axl.

If I've understood correctly Axl would want Slash to apologize for something. And I'm also under the impression that Slash isn't even sure what he should apologize for? So the only logical step would be for Slash to ask Axl what he wants him to apologize for.

But I guess Slash hasn't done that. So the ball is still on Slash's side...

This might be the most illogical post on the forum in the last three months. Wow. Kiss Axl's ass much?

There is sooooooo much wrong with pretty much everything that you posted that it leads me to wonder if you are actually part of Axl's team that leeches....I mean, makes a living off of helping him in his career?

"""""Plus how can you say he hasn't made any attempt to connect with his fanbase. He came to every single major fan forum to chat with the fans for christ's sake. How many rockstars do that?"""" You are being sarcastic or humorous, right? Oh, your talking about the couple of times over a 16 year period that Axl logged on and chatted for a few minutes? You need to expand your base of rock stars, because most of them DO in fact chat with their fan base, and do so about a 100000 times more than Axl does. Even the most die-hard Axl ass-kissers on this forum admit that Axl doesn't communicate with his fans. So I can only assume that you are being sarcastic with this point, as it isn't even 1% true.

"""""We don't know what exactly happened between Axl and Slash, so who are we to say it's wrong of Axl to hold a grudge?""""" LOL. You crack me up. We don't know what happened - 100% correct. So why are you saying Slash needs to apologize????? Why hold a different standard for Axl than you do Slash - since YOU don't know what happened?

"""""I mean what the fuck do you expect Axl to do? Beg for Slash to come back?""""" No, he shouldn't. Just like anybody with a triple digit IQ doesn't think that Slash should beg to come back either.

"""""Slash was the one who made Axl look like the bad guy"""" Wow. Just wow. You must have just discovered GnR in the last year or so? Might want to do some research on your idol. Again, wow.

""""When it comes to reunion, the ball is on Slash's side.""" Holy Crap. each point you make is just more outlandish than the last one. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum, Adler, Gilby would LOVE to get together and record an album. Only ONE person (well, Axl and Beta) doesn't want a reunion. One phone call from Axl and that classic line-up would be in a studio before the end of the year.

""""""It seems like Slash only wants to forget about all the problems, but Axl would actually want to face all the problems between them, in order to bury the hatchet.""""" You seriously don't believe this do you? You are an actual Axl hater who has made a fake account just to mess with people. Please tell me that is the case. Slash went to Axl's house to apologize and was REFUSED ENTRANCE. In the past couple of years Slash has said that Axl is a genius and one of the five best rock frontmen of all time. Slash showed up at the RNR HOF and would have played with Axl. What has Axl done? Called Slash a "cancer" and said he wish the band would have dropped him sooner. THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE MOST IDIOTIC POINT I'VE EVER SEEN ON THE FORUM.

""""" If Slash actually wants to bury the hatchet, he should make a public tweet about it or something. He should make it clear that he is willing to talk about the problems with Axl."""" Wow, so your going to tell grown men what they need to do about a situation that YOU even admitted that we the fans know nothing about? And, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? If Slash is going to mend the fences with Axl he needs to do a "public tweet" about it????? Are we in junior high here? Two adult men need to talk to each other, in private. F*CK. Maybe they should do a reality show instead of just a "public tweet"??????

"""""""""If I've understood correctly Axl would want Slash to apologize for something. And I'm also under the impression that Slash isn't even sure what he should apologize for? So the only logical step would be for Slash to ask Axl what he wants him to apologize for.

But I guess Slash hasn't done that. So the ball is still on Slash's side"""""""""...Your take on things is just baffling to me. In the real world in this situation, you are 99% incorrect. If Axl wants Slash to apologize for something then HE should grow a pair of balls and call/email Slash and tell him what it is. You are making Axl sound like a 13-year-old girl.

Volcano are you capable of actually sharing a thought or presenting a valid point on all this? All you do is make little half sentence comments, but you never actually address the issue.

So let's try this again.

Never in a million years would Slash join the current band. Not for any amount of money.

But if Axl dropped his cover band and wanted to reunite with a version of the real GnR - then Slash would do it in a heartbeat.

Why is this point so hard for you to admit?

• Like 1

Rusty - why do you think these guys hate Slash so much? It's almost obsessive. They feel like they must bash and hate on Slash in every topic.

Why do you think that is? Guy hasn't been in the band for 16 years and he helped create the classic songs that the current line-up covers every concert..........but these guys absolutely hate him with a passion.

You could say the exact same thing about the ones who bash Axl.

He obviously wants back in the band...

Agreed, 100pct.

Slash wants back into the greatest, hottest band on the planet. He wants to get back with his old band mates, you know, the guys who made GNR into a household name: Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Pitman, ESPECIALLY Pitman. Those guys have long-secure their place in rock history. You can't interview any famous musician without hearing Pitman's name as a major influence.

Slash wants back in. Who wouldn't?

Indeed. Let's not forget also that he wouldn't mind one bit to be managed by Axl's mother and her son, and sing happy birthday to Jarmo on stage.

True. Slash truly hates his currents management. What's it gotten him so far? Slash is THE face of Gibson's Les Paul. He has many lucrative endorsements. He tours regularly and successfully. He's interviewed regularly on major news talk shows.

Why WOULDNT he jump at the chance to instead have an uneducated, inexpienced housekeeper and her nearly-illiterate son be in charge of his career?

I know I myself would leap at that chance!

• Like 2

He obviously wants back in the band...

Agreed, 100pct.

Slash wants back into the greatest, hottest band on the planet. He wants to get back with his old band mates, you know, the guys who made GNR into a household name: Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Pitman, ESPECIALLY Pitman. Those guys have long-secure their place in rock history. You can't interview any famous musician without hearing Pitman's name as a major influence.

Slash wants back in. Who wouldn't?

Indeed. Let's not forget also that he wouldn't mind one bit to be managed by Axl's mother and her son, and sing happy birthday to Jarmo on stage.

True. Slash truly hates his currents management. What's it gotten him so far? Slash is THE face of Gibson's Les Paul. He has many lucrative endorsements. He tours regularly and successfully. He's interviewed regularly on major news talk shows.

Why WOULDNT he jump at the chance to instead have an uneducated, inexpienced housekeeper and her nearly-illiterate son be in charge of his career?

I know I myself would leap at that chance!

The face of Gibson? Really?

I think it's time I take a break from this mad house.....the madness is astonishing.