What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

I dunno... Slash is 80% of the time a pretty cool guy but sometimes he's an asshole. Axl on the other hand is 99% of the time an asshole. I do prefer his music though. Slash is a very political guy. He knows very well that, by saying those things, he's the good guy for everyone. He knows it. And he's not stupid.

The only person on this board who would know if Slash is an asshole or not is Marc Canter.

You don't need to have actually known a person personally to consider his or her actions as Assholeish actions. This applies for Axl, Slash, Duff, Ashba, Kanye West, my mom, the dude next to me in traffic and anyone else.

Age has nothing to do with anything you twat. Just because I wasn't there for the AFD tour doesn't mean I'm stupid or any less of a fan. Why don't you GNR-Go Fuck Yourself

Of course a kid can be a huge fan. My point stands that the majority of the people who bash Slash and the old lineup tend to be younger. I'm glad you could take some time away from pretending to be Izzy Stradlin to join in the conversation Broham but please respect board rules and refrain from the personal insults.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 1

I have always read the first quote as sarcasm. I may be wrong though he might have meant it in a good way.

I read all the quotes as sarcasm. I've heard the album too. Certainly he can't be serious with all that praise.

I still don't understand why Axl called Slash a "cancer"...Next interviewer should ask him that..

There's a lot of questions that would be cool to get the answers to. Instead we get riveting and hard hitting questions about Halloween.

If Axl wanted to replace DJ for Slash then Slash would be all over it.

Speculative bullshit.

Right, because Slash would turn down a shit load of cash.

Hey, if it happens one day, it happens...

That doesn't make any sense when you factor in the rumored reunion that was on the verge of happening if the old guys signed away some more rights.

Slash left because of his dignity. He refused to return under those dictated terms because of his dignity. He has always stated that he won't return until there is a mutual respect and understanding.

But yeah, keep believing that stupid delusion of Slash throwing away his dignity for the chance to earn a small paycheck in the groundbreaking Nugnr band.

Speculative bullshit.

Speculative - yes. Bullshit - no.

Until you have evidence of something, it's bullshit.

So yes, speculative bullshit.

Speculative bullshit.

Right, because Slash would turn down a shit load of cash.

Hey, if it happens one day, it happens...

That doesn't make any sense when you factor in the rumored reunion that was on the verge of happening if the old guys signed away some more rights.

Slash left because of his dignity. He refused to return under those dictated terms because of his dignity. He has always stated that he won't return until there is a mutual respect and understanding.

But yeah, keep believing that stupid delusion of Slash throwing away his dignity for the chance to earn a small paycheck in the groundbreaking Nugnr band.

Speculative bullshit.

Until you have evidence of something, it's bullshit.

So yes, speculative bullshit.

Speculative bullshit.

You think Slash would intend to completely ignore his past success with GNR by not playing the most popular songs? Are you on crack?

Axl fanboys such as yourself goosestep along with the idea that Slash should be erased from GNR's history but neither Slash or sane fans follow along with you. Sorry.

Speculative bullshit.

But then common sense and logic come into play.

Never in a million years would Slash join this current band. This band goes against Slash's core being as a musician - pleasing his fans. Slash loves creating and sharing music with his fans. Axl and this current band is the exact opposite.

You are clearing trolling if you think Slash would join a band that DIDN'T release music, just toured off and on, didn't like its fans and chose to not communicate with their fans.

The first time Slash made a public comment and then had FERNANDO make a public statement that Slash needed to "shut up about OUR band"...........lol, give me a break.

Slash helped create the best rock band of his generation. He isn't going to play with all the replacement players. Especially to NOT release music.

Current band? Not in a million years.

Reunite with Axl and the old band? In a heartbeat.

Why did the Axl worshippers have to turn this into a negative thread?????

Slash says Axl is a musical genius, one of the five best singer/songwriters of all time and that CD was great............and the Axl worshippers are still bitching and moaning? Wow.

Rusty - why do you think these guys hate Slash so much? It's almost obsessive. They feel like they must bash and hate on Slash in every topic.

Why do you think that is? Guy hasn't been in the band for 16 years and he helped create the classic songs that the current line-up covers every concert..........but these guys absolutely hate him with a passion.

He tours with Myles Kennedy who sings Axl's songs about Axl's ex-wife and songs about being a lie, what dignity are you talking about?

Referring to Sweet Child? Featuring one of the most iconic licks in rock made by the one and only Slash? I don't get how him playing that translates to no dignity.

Certaintly it is no more undignified than Axl having the audacity of taking musicians who had no involvement in writing any of the matieral that propelled the band into superstardom and calling it the same thing. Not that I really care about the name aspect because my ears tell me all I need to know but still...

• Like 1

Rusty - why do you think these guys hate Slash so much? It's almost obsessive. They feel like they must bash and hate on Slash in every topic.

Why do you think that is? Guy hasn't been in the band for 16 years and he helped create the classic songs that the current line-up covers every concert..........but these guys absolutely hate him with a passion.

Simple. Their idol hates him so they have to follow right along. They spend their whole time here repeating nonsense until they believe it.

tldr; they are freakin mental.

Simple. Their idol hates him so they have to follow right along. They spend their whole time here repeating nonsense until they believe it.

I agree it has a lot to do with what Axl says but let's not forget the possibility of party passes from the camp!

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

I agree it has a lot to do with what Axl says but let's not forget the possibility of party passes from the camp!

Definitely that too. There's also those that have met Axl, hold it up as the meaning of their life and now have pledged their allegiance of total nutbaggery in response to the meeting.

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

Definitely that too. There's also those that have met Axl, hold it up as the meaning of their life and now have pledged their allegiance of total nutbaggery in response to the meeting.

I'd like to meet Axl. He's my favorite singer and GN'R are my favorite band. I can't pretend that I'm not a fan of Slash, Adler etc. though. Come to think of it I'd like to meet anyone who has ever been in GN'R even Matt Sorum. LOL at "total nutbaggery"

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

Yet you still parade him as your avatar and regularly post on mygnrforum.

It's crazy isn't it? I don't know why, but I honestly believe Axl Rose is the only person that could treat any one like crap, or make any feel that they are being treated like crap and people will still flock to see him live and buy his CDs. People KNOW he isn't going on at 9am. However we know people are still making it to the arena for 6PM. People know it's not the original band, but they will happily pay twice the price ticket now than they did for the original band. People know there isn't going to be any GNR news, but people still check every day.

It baffles me and I'm completely guilty. There are far more popular and more active bands than GNR that have a lot less forum activity or facebook following.

Is it not strange how Axl can stop a song half way through cause someone through a beer? He threatens the crowd to leave, and just because he doesn't - everyone cheers and no one thinks anything off it? :lol:

Axl can't do anything wrong.. Because he does everything wrong. The people that come here to complain will buy the new album and I bet they will even go to the next live show in there city.... by 6PM :lol: