Next Nightrain Chat Guest: DJ Ashba

RussTCB

Could it be any worse?!

Of course...., a chat with Beta
Beta: Hi guys
Random_user: when we can hear new music?
Beta: stop with complains!!!!
Random_user2: but we want..
Beta: STOP COMPLAINING
Random_user: please beta
Beta: I don't want a chat full of complainers
*random_user was kicked*
Troll_guy: I need a towel
Beta: Well, thanks to the lame-ass security, I'm going home!
*chat end*
  • Like 2

i can't say i'm excited that it's dj ashba, no need to disrespect the guy when he's doing something for the fans though. i mean here they try to do something cool and it's a trollfest. i bet even if it was axl himself probably still find a few shitheads ruining it. ah well, i guess that's the internet for ya. probably have a lot less folks attending it if they make it nighttrain exclusive. i hear that place is a ghost town. anyhow if anyone's attending i'd still like to hear the updates since it will take more than that to get me to purchase a membership.

Jesus Christ guys...I'm not a fan of DJ either, but grow the fuck up..they're trying to do something for the fans, and a bunch of people here are gonna try and ruin it with their trolling?! That's ridiculous..

I get this. Like I said earlier, I'm just not a DJ fan so I'll just be skipping the chat. Seems like a much easier route than trying to make things harder for him and the people who actually want to chat with him.

• Like 2

Ok but that doesn't give you guys the right to act like infants towards the current lineup. (the most stable lineup in GNR history)

It's not exactly difficult to be stable when you're not fucking doing anything. <_<

I still won't sign up until Axl does a chat or they announce presales for concerts.

What's the point of a presale for a gig that's clearly not going to sell out? Can anybody here tell me about any NuGnR show barring maybe Hammerstein where tickets haven't been readily available pretty much upto the day of the gig?

Edited by Dazey

I still won't sign up until Axl does a chat or they announce presales for concerts.

What's the point of a presale for a gig that's clearly not going to sell out? Can anybody here tell me about any NuGnR show barring maybe Hammerstein where tickets haven't been readily available pretty much upto the day of the gig?

I missed out on The Ritz, that bummed me out :/

First night of London shows sold out in 2010 and 2012, but I was lucky in both cases that touts overestimated appeal of nuGNR and managed to get tickets for just under face value.

Jesus Christ guys...I'm not a fan of DJ either, but grow the fuck up..they're trying to do something for the fans, and a bunch of people here are gonna try and ruin it with their trolling?! That's ridiculous..

It´s not about liking DJ. If DJ answers questions about new songs, album or tour. The chat is worthy. But if the chat is about DJ´s favorite food because he is not allowed to share information fans care about. Then what´s the point?

As someone have already said. I won´t pay to join Nightrain unless is Axl the one chatting or anything else that is worth paying for.

First night of London shows sold out in 2010 and 2012, but I was lucky in both cases that touts overestimated appeal of nuGNR and managed to get tickets for just under face value.

Did they sell out quickly or was it just by the day of the show? That said it's very interesting about the touts but they won't get burned like that again so I don't see the value of any presales.

Did they sell out quickly or was it just by the day of the show? That said it's very interesting about the touts but they won't get burned like that again so I don't see the value of any presales.

I think I was online both times and couldn't get through the queue. I wouldn't know about touts, they automate so much these days they prob just set their programs to swoop up tickets for what look like big events (e.g. gigs at The O2, Wembley, etc.). I didn't have trouble getting tickets for the 2nd night both years, got them within the hour but I don't think the 2nd night sold out either time. That said, attendance was still great at the London shows. Not sure if Glasgow 2012 sold out or not, prob did but then again it was a 6 year gap for Scotland.

Nighttrain chat - 10:30pm:

DJ ASHBA : ZOMG!!! I got some breaking news guythsssssssss, I gave Axl 40 HITS yesterday and he told me he loves them and we are going to work on them immediately and getting this album out is our number 1 priority!! #Albumimminent #AFDwhat?? #Conquertheworld #Ashbalegacy

Bumblefoot's twitter - 10:32pm:

I would really like to get one song out but an album has never even been on the cards. I don't wanna give fans false hope, nothing is happening. AKA stfu DJ.

• Like 2

Funny how some members consider that if one doesn't worship every single move -or more precisely, total absence of- from the GN'R estate/company, one's automatically considered a bitter ex-fan.

Edited by EvH

Good that it will be moderated. I hope the moderator is Jarmo.

Not only do they have to control the bitter ex-fans just looking to ruin everyone's fun...they must control the crazy South American fans just spamming the chat.

Jarmo already has a whole site for that, but nobody but Jarmo goes there.

Edited by hally187

Not only do they have to control the bitter ex-fans just looking to ruin everyone's fun...they must control the crazy South American fans just spamming the chat.

So wait? You dislike both people who don't like DJ as well as people who like GN'R too much? :lol:

• Like 1

Pretty much the whole UCAP tour. I had to resort to VIP to get any tickets at all for Terminal 5 and The Ritz. Fucking $500 for two gigs, one of which was the worst GN'R show I've seen <_<

So wait? You dislike both people who don't like DJ as well as people who like GN'R too much? :lol:

Are you claiming the SA fans are not annoying fucks? :lol:

That's not what I asked now is it?? Haha. I kid I kid!

Let's just say they're.... Enthusiastic... Haha.

Anyone who says that needs their heads checked :lol: sorry Manets

That's not what I asked now is it?? Haha. I kid I kid!

Let's just say they're.... Enthusiastic... Haha.

Hey at least they are actually fans!!!!

I really believe that fans/non-fans thing gets thrown around too much.

I get and share a lot of the frustrations that people have that so many consider to be "not a real fan" but I just don't voice them all the time. I'm not saying they're bad people for voicing theirs, I just don't choose to do it all the time myself is all.

Take the DJ chat for example: personally I dislike a metric shit ton of things about DJ, not the least of which being that he completely screws up my favorite GN'R solo. However, there's a time and a place to voice those opinions and I just don't think his chats for fans is it.

Doesn't mean I think others who do aren't fans. Just means they express themselves differently than I do, which is all good by me. The world would be a boring place if we walked, talked and acted the same all the time.

Sorry.... Didn't mean to get preachy in the middle of us joking around but this seems like a good place to throw that thought. I think so many of us are way closer to each other in our stances than our everyday posts would lead anyone to believe. In the end, I believe most of us here want what's best for GNR and to me, that's part of the definition of a fan.

I really believe that fans/non-fans thing gets thrown around too much.

I get and share a lot of the frustrations that people have that so many consider to be "not a real fan" but I just don't voice them all the time. I'm not saying they're bad people for voicing theirs, I just don't choose to do it all the time myself is all.

Take the DJ chat for example: personally I dislike a metric shit ton of things about DJ, not the least of which being that he completely screws up my favorite GN'R solo. However, there's a time and a place to voice those opinions and I just don't think his chats for fans is it.

Doesn't mean I think others who do aren't fans. Just means they express themselves differently than I do, which is all good by me. The world would be a boring place if we walked, talked and acted the same all the time.

Sorry.... Didn't mean to get preachy in the middle of us joking around but this seems like a good place to throw that thought. I think so many of us are way closer to each other in our stances than our everyday posts would lead anyone to believe. In the end, I believe most of us here want what's best for GNR and to me, that's part of the definition of a fan.

Russ you have a good head on your shoulders and have common sense. That is why.

You hate Dj, Broski hates Dj, Damn Smooth makes fun of shit with current GNR but non of this bothers me and I don't think I actually got into any arguments with any of you. Because you guys don't repeat the same shit day after day after day.