Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

So the Cheap Dick just won´t go away :lol: And there is one Gardner st. If I´m not mistaken that´s the street when they used to live. I´m curious about Rapsody in B

Song at the beginning sounds good. Myles singing at the middle had me less excited though, "...dah, dah tomorroooow, dah, dah" haven't we heard that before? Come on, Myles!

...which is what worrys me that it'll follow the pattern of all of Slash's releases since Contraband and contain a sea of generic duds with 2-4 great songs floating on top. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, as there's been a lot of promising riffs and ideas in a lot of the other videos. Let's just hope that was one of the bonus tracks :lol:

Ok that's 100% sure, album will be out in September with a single released during summertime. New songs will be played during the AEROSMITH Tour.

Oh and yes there will be headlining gigs added in between arena shows ! ;)

Sweet!

New songs during the Aerosmith tour...can't wait!

Song at the beginning sounds good. Myles singing at the middle had me less excited though, "...dah, dah tomorroooow, dah, dah" haven't we heard that before? Come on, Myles!

...which is what worrys me that it'll follow the pattern of all of Slash's releases since Contraband and contain a sea of generic duds with 2-4 great songs floating on top. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, as there's been a lot of promising riffs and ideas in a lot of the other videos. Let's just hope that was one of the bonus tracks :lol:

really got to calm down about this - not nearly enough full song to jusge -- and the bit referring to""...dah, dah tomorroooow, dah, dah"

seemed to be a discussion of how he was going to approach a song between hiom and elvis more than anything that'll end up on the record

Any idea when and where those headline gigs will be announced? I'm sure its in the early stages, but being in the New York area it doesn't seem unreasonable they might do a show there. And a headline show near me would seriously make me consider buying Aerosmith tickets which go onsale soon.

Any idea when and where those headline gigs will be announced? I'm sure its in the early stages, but being in the New York area it doesn't seem unreasonable they might do a show there. And a headline show near me would seriously make me consider buying Aerosmith tickets which go onsale soon.

probably within a month or so - it probably will take a bit of time to book venues around the aerosmith dates -- but I'm looking forward to potential NYC shows as they'll be in the area early July and early september

probably within a month or so - it probably will take a bit of time to book venues around the aerosmith dates -- but I'm looking forward to potential NYC shows as they'll be in the area early July and early september

I certainly hope so. I'm just saying its annoying because if I don't buy Aerosmith tickets because of this and then Slash doesn't do a headline NYC show I'll be pretty pissed because then I would have bought Aerosmith tickets. But if there's word of headline shows I'm guessing NY or NJ is bound to get one.

I certainly hope so. I'm just saying its annoying because if I don't buy Aerosmith tickets because of this and then Slash doesn't do a headline NYC show I'll be pretty pissed because then I would have bought Aerosmith tickets. But if there's word of headline shows I'm guessing NY or NJ is bound to get one.

Here all the dates with Aerosmith http://slashonline.com/tour/

Keep in mind, guys if a headlining date isn't announced by you don't worry. Each of the past Slash tours has lasted over 2 years with tons of dates and multiple appearances in many states. Chances are something will come your way in 2015

Here all the dates with Aerosmith http://slashonline.com/tour/

I'm sensing a Toronto club date just before or after Kitchener...

:drevil:

Keep in mind, guys if a headlining date isn't announced by you don't worry. Each of the past Slash tours has lasted over 2 years with tons of dates and multiple appearances in many states. Chances are something will come your way in 2015

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You guys will get your best shot at a headlining show where you guys are unlike other bands despite them wanting to play in those locations.

just saw this:

Todd Kerns writes on his blog: "I only wish I could tell you in depth how exciting this new collection of songs is, but I'm sworn to secrecy. I would have my tongue cut out and be forever hobbled."
He continues: "I mentioned in the past that I was as concerned as anyone that we would have a tough time crawling over the wall we built called 'Apocalyptic Love', but with that wall so far behind us now, I can confidently say we have surpassed it tenfold."
"A lot of people, bless them, have asked if I would be singing a song on this upcoming album. I have to be honest that I never even thought of that. Myles Kennedy is the lead singer for theCONSPIRATORS and that's as much thought as I've given it. Myles is the best singer in modern rock, if you ask me. He has feel, soul, chops, originality and is unimaginably consistent. Keep in mind he jumps from ALTER BRIDGE to the CONSPIRATORS and back again without a hitch. That is very impressive."
"There is a great deal of depth on this recording. A very twisted journey. Many of the songs straight-up rock like never before and then there are songs that have a real vastness to them. Slash is playing better than he ever has. It is an inspiring thing to see a man with nothing left to prove still pushing himself every time he picks up the guitar to find new terrain to conquer. And succeed!
"I think people are going to be blown away."
Kennedy recently told VH1 about the record, "It's good! It's very rock. It's very rocking. I think it's more up-tempo than the last record was, and [Slash has] got some really great riffs on this record. Killer stuff."

The more I hear it described as "rockin," the more I hear "there will be 4 great songs, rest are okay, and the best solos will be on the songs that are meh," as has been the majority of my experience with Slash's material.

The saving grace for me is the production. His past two records have just sounded amazing.

I mean Myles is a very good singer who can hit every note, but his voice is sort of grating and his lyrics with Slash are pretty cliche, as if they were just taken from rock n roll lyric madlibs. I have never really listened to Alter Bridge so maybe his stuff there is better lyrically. All in all generally you don't listen to Slash for awe inspiring lyrics. He's good enough to kill time between riffs and solos.

Never been a fan of myles kennedy. And its the only slash record I didn't actually buy, a few listens were enough on youtube. Myles is a good singer technically speaking and has great range but his voice sounds boring and whiney to me. He also lacks the charisma and energy to be a good unique frontman, I would rate him a B - as a singer and frontman. Slash needs someone that is an A. Apocalyptic love is boring and bland and poppy sounding to me, just like someone mentioned earlier its like 8 generic filler songs and a few decent ones. I don't think theirs many options for Slash now a days tho, Velvet Revolver is done (especially with duff rejoining axl for the recent gigs, and the possibility of duff rejoining Axl's version permantly) and theirs not many singers out there that are available or that would gel with slash musically speaking.

Duff joining Axl's band permanently? Has this even been rumoured? JMO but I can't see that happening but it may be the shot in the arm to get Axl to finally create and make some new music so might be a good thing should it happen...........