Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Yeah, from the 90 iTunes preview, the song doesn't sound great. Then again, Slash2Baz always said Safari wasn't a great song (or at least he thought it was one of his least favorites), so I didn't expect much from it. To be honest, I thought it would sound worse, and it actually sounds like a fine instrumental. Just nothing that really sticks out about it and kind of sounds meandering.

I wouldn't want to say that it is crap. It sounds all right (from what I've heard on the previews), although I can see where people may think that it's not really the best Slash has play. It varies on how much you can tolerate Slash's extended solos and how much you like Watch This.

Edited by Anguyen92

^^ Well that's too bad for you, because I'm for it. And since you mentioned supporters, I'm just going to keep shouting the praises of it (moreso than usual).

Whatever floats on your boat, bro :headbang:

Btw i just don't like Myles when he do ballads. Sounds extremely generic and cheesy for me

On rockers he can be tolerable (sometimes good)

I saw on the Alter Bridge board that you can apparently buy sarafi inn right now on itunes.

Only in the US, but you can listen to a 90 seconds preview.

From those 90 seconds this is my least favourite this far.

Hmm it seems not a good track...

anyway i just wait for the last 2 weeks for the full album, no more leaks for me :)

Slash albums are, three-four months of wonderful expectation, months of ''hey dude, we have a cool producer and are really fuckin' jammin and having a blast'', followed by one big day of disappointment when you discover that the end results of this, 'blast', is, z-grade Aerosmith. Been there (with Apocalyptic Love), done it, and bought the T-shirt.

Edited by DieselDaisy

We had a private listening session with Ash (Slash's brother) and some fans today in Paris.

Need to write a track by track this week but i'm too fn' lazy ! ha!

BwjaH52IEAAfUf7.jpg

"Battleground" is definitely "the song of Myles" on the album.

I won't say cheezy but kinda reminds me "Last Fight" in the end, like a Beatles song on the lala part !

Edited by Slash2baz
  • Like 1

About Safari, as it is fresh in my mind, the song gets better the second time your hear it but still disapointing to me cause i got so many expectations.

Even that's not a bad track per say, it's definitely my least favorite.

Wicked Stone, Avalon, Iris of the Storm are really great tracks.... And Battleground !

Safari Inn is based on the riff from a leftover song from Slash's first solo album. It was released on the deluxe version as Demo 16. I like how Slash always figures out how to use these things, like the riff in By the Sword, and then Anastasia was part of the godfather solo, and now this. Gives us a chance to see the creative process develop. The second track on the album uses a riff from one of the earlier versions of You're a Lie that was discarded.

• Like 1