Would you buy a new album?

wfuckinga

Would you buy a new album?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone saying no: Don't be bitching about TB and lack of new music if you wouldn't even buy it

Deal. New music has less than nothing to do with my enjoyment of guns n roses or the Beatles.

Yep.

I know there's an argument that Guns N' Roses could put out new music whereas The Beatles cannot, but I still get what you're saying.

I'd buy multiple formats as well. A CD to rip (and to "own", which is why I don't just buy it as an MP3) and at least one vinyl, maybe more depending on the price. Possibly multiple CDs to hand them out to people I think would like it but wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

I'd buy multiple formats as well. A CD to rip (and to "own", which is why I don't just buy it as an MP3) and at least one vinyl, maybe more depending on the price. Possibly multiple CDs to hand them out to people I think would like it but wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

When Chinese dropped to $2 at Best Buy, I did that myself.

It's literally the only record I would physically buy.

This, at this point with me. I've got Spotify for everything else. I only bought a digital copy of the Arcade Fire album so I could get in on the concert pre-sale. I'd hope they bring out a decent special edition for it with cool artwork and extras, never bother with the ChiDem special edition because it was rubbish and overpriced.

I'd buy the Red Hand version of CD if that ever came out, just because I love the artwork. I prefer the How Are You? Grenade cover, but the artwork inside is cack compared to the pieces in Red Hand.

I'll download the 2015, 2018 and 2023 versions when they leak, then I'll buy the album when it releases in 2029.

Well, the rights to the masters revert to Axl in 2025, so we can't use the label as an excuse by then.

Serious question. There seems to be lots of bashing the band because they have released one new album in my lifetime, but there also seems to be a cry to bring back Slash. How many of you would even buy the next GNR album?

I know I would, I'd wait in line at Best Buy all night if I had to in order to be first to the CD and LP.

I think you twisted some things here...

Some fans wanted Slash, but still interested about a new album with the new lineup

Some fans wanted Slash, bu they know it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime and hear current Axl's vocal condition, so they don't want a reunion anymore

Some fans only wanted some NU lineup reunion but they still wanted a new album with this lineup (few of them don't, but they are the minority)

Some fans wanted ANY NEW MATERIAL and they doesn't give a shit about reunions, what material (with the 1999-2002 lineup or whatever) been released

People who post here, but doesn't interested about a new album aren't fans anymore (for many reasons which i don't want to list here)

Some people only here cuz the lulz and trolling

Any real Axl fan will always buy whatever album he puts out - no matter if it's great or otherwise. I'm in of course.

This kind of thinking is so weird to me. Like I have some sort of obligation to a famous person i dont know to buy things I don't want.

Ok, understand this point

but what if we aren't able to listen to it before it comes out? (so no leaks, singles or whatever avaiable)

Several copies. Different formats, obviously.

Why?

Because I'm a collector, plain and simple. Get every format it's available on (Likely only CD and LP), plus a second LP to keep sealed (Maybe).
That's what I did when I got AFD vinyl. One that I play and one that I have sealed

It's literally the only record I would physically buy.

This, at this point with me. I've got Spotify for everything else. I only bought a digital copy of the Arcade Fire album so I could get in on the concert pre-sale. I'd hope they bring out a decent special edition for it with cool artwork and extras, never bother with the ChiDem special edition because it was rubbish and overpriced.

I'd buy the Red Hand version of CD if that ever came out, just because I love the artwork. I prefer the How Are You? Grenade cover, but the artwork inside is cack compared to the pieces in Red Hand.

I'll download the 2015, 2018 and 2023 versions when they leak, then I'll buy the album when it releases in 2029.

Well, the rights to the masters revert to Axl in 2025, so we can't use the label as an excuse by then.

Guess I'll follow my current plan until the album releases in '25 then. :shrugs:

Why is powerage deleting all our fun posts? Problem bro?

If you do a quick search there is many more worthy things to be deleted on this forum.

Unfuckinbeleivable.

Derailing the topic with useless babble about reports. Funny how you assume I cleaned the thread up, and you only complain when I delete any of your posts, but not any other mods. Problem, bro?

And don't worry, I'm cleaning up other threads today too ;)

• Like 1

and you only complain when I delete any of your posts, but not any other mods. Problem, bro?

Zint and Montrealer are guilty of this also and I have complained to them in the past.

And don't worry, I'm cleaning up other threads today too ;)

Fair enough thanks!

Soooooooo back on topic. You're a collector right? Do you buy lets say for example 2 vinyl and keep one sealed and play the other?

I feel like a bad fan I never bought Chinese Democracy on vinyl .....