Nothing has been the same since Rio 2011

volcano62

Rio 2011 was the show where we watched Axl's Indian spirit leave his body.

In a way that truly happened... There was a moment at the show that Axl just looked like a shadow of his former (2010) self, lacking confidence and saying something like "now I'm starting to get really fucking pissed of". At that moment I saw signs of a broken man. :(

I feel like you can see the moment it happens. In November rain, when its become obvious to even him that he's blown it... He kinda looks around all child like and overcome... Sad desperate eyes scanning the crowd... You can just see it on his face... A man who just ran out of illusions to use.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

I feel like you can see the moment it happens. In November rain, when its become obvious to even him that he's blown it... He kinda looks around all child like and overcome... Sad desperate eyes scanning the crowd... You can just see it on his face... A man who just ran out of illusions to use.

I always wondered what he saw that disturbed him so much.

Anyone else agree?

2001 Axl went out of his way to give us new songs and show us how great the band still is

2002 Toured with new material

2006-2007 Toured with new material, Chinese Democracy was close

2008 Chinese Democracy

2009-2010 Toured Chinese Democracy (almost all the songs on the album were played)

2011 Rio (we all know what happened here)

2011-2013 Same setlist...no new music...no information...no hope

I totally agree with this statement. What the hell happened? New GNR was exciting up until Rio 2011

am i the only one who find a way to enjoy RIR2011?

Probably.

Rio '11 isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's still terrible. It's actually very uncomfortable to watch at times. I wonder what the fuck was going on with Axl at that show... Even if he was sick, which I think he was (listen to Better or something, he yelps and whines and it actually sounds painful, like he's "powering thru" but can still barely make noise), his whole demeanor is bizarre. He knows he's just fucked up one of the most high-profile gigs he's ever played, but it's like he still can't accept it and he's in as much disbelief as the rest of us were.

He sounds like Adam Sandlers impersonation of him during Patience, too.

Some of you people here are in real denial. I'm concerned that many of you are unhealthy people that lead unhealthy lives. Rock in Rio 2011? I can't say that I know what happened there but this whole new GNR idea has been an absolute fucking fiasco shoulda-been-abortion from the moment that Axl unfortunately said "go". Axl has been so far gone from the benzos since the last 90s that I imagine every day of his life is nothing but a mere foggy drug induced haze.

I moved on from GNR long ago, but recently came across this fansite while just perusing the web while bored one day. It's really comical how some of you don't see how much of a damn wreck the guy and his so called band is. I don't know any of them personally aside from the DJ guy because my girl works in fashion when she's not doing other things. That guy is a straight freak weirdo. My girl introduced me to him in Vegas about 6 months ago after learning that he was GNR's guitar player. Initially, I thought he was fucking with me when he said it. He was probably wondering why I laughed when he first started talking to me about a GNR tour that he was involved with at the time. Again, straight fucking WEIRDO.

If that was the best Axl could have done in replacing Slash, you know shit must be pretty damn dire straights.

Some of you people here are in real denial. I'm concerned that many of you are unhealthy people that lead unhealthy lives. Rock in Rio 2011? I can't say that I know what happened there but this whole new GNR idea has been an absolute fucking fiasco shoulda-been-abortion from the moment that Axl unfortunately said "go". Axl has been so far gone from the benzos since the last 90s that I imagine every day of his life is nothing but a mere foggy drug induced haze.

I moved on from GNR long ago, but recently came across this fansite while just perusing the web while bored one day. It's really comical how some of you don't see how much of a damn wreck the guy and his so called band is. I don't know any of them personally aside from the DJ guy because my girl works in fashion when she's not doing other things. That guy is a straight freak weirdo. My girl introduced me to him in Vegas about 6 months ago after learning that he was GNR's guitar player. Initially, I thought he was fucking with me when he said it. He was probably wondering why I laughed when he first started talking to me about a GNR tour that he was involved with at the time. Again, straight fucking WEIRDO.

If that was the best Axl could have done in replacing Slash, you know shit must be pretty damn dire straights.

Who the fuck are you?

I think he had a moment at RIO where he realized he fucked up and should've practiced. You can see him in a daze near the end of patience when he sees the 1992 banner. He's probably thinking "what the fuck am I fucking doing to myself? I had a great opportunity in 2002, even 2006, and blew it since then."

Edited by liers

Probably.

Rio '11 isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's still terrible. It's actually very uncomfortable to watch at times. I wonder what the fuck was going on with Axl at that show... Even if he was sick, which I think he was (listen to Better or something, he yelps and whines and it actually sounds painful, like he's "powering thru" but can still barely make noise), his whole demeanor is bizarre. He knows he's just fucked up one of the most high-profile gigs he's ever played, but it's like he still can't accept it and he's in as much disbelief as the rest of us were.

I only saw the show once while it was happening in Rio. It's a bad show to watch it again. I enjoyed the moment. Like i enjoyed the other livestreams including Bridge School.

I think he had a moment at too where he realized he fucked up and should've practiced. You can see him in a daze near the end of patience when he sees the 1992 banner. He's probably thinking wth am I fucking doing to myself? I had a great operunity in 2002 and blew it since then.

When does he see a banner from '92? I just watched the cut of Patience from Rio 2011 and couldn't find a banner anywhere.

I think he had a moment at too where he realized he fucked up and should've practiced. You can see him in a daze near the end of patience when he sees the 1992 banner. He's probably thinking wth am I fucking doing to myself? I had a great operunity in 2002 and blew it since then.

When does he see a banner from '92? I just watched the cut of Patience from Rio 2011 and couldn't find a banner anywhere.

Does he maybe mean "November Rain"? I also missed this the first time around, but during that song you can see something in the audience catches Axl's eye and briefly distracts him.

Does he maybe mean "November Rain"? I also missed this the first time around, but during that song you can see something in the audience catches Axl's eye and briefly distracts him.

I think the Rio thing is just lack of focused and concentration. In 2006 in festival in Europe messed up SOD. He began to sing during the solo. He did the same in Argentina in 2010 during Don´t Cry. The big problem in Rio was that for some reason he didn´t have the telepromter near him to catch up with the lyrics. I guess the same happened during Patience

It's not NR. I can't find it in the patience video either, maybe it was another song. I know someones holding a banner with axl on it from around 92, and then the camra shows axl staring in that direction. I thought it was patience.

Let's just keep in mind that we are talking about the Mozart of Rock Performance here.

It is not really fair to use those couple of times (like RIR 2011) when he was not well

as examples of his normal level of performance. There are people who got kicks

even out of those performances when he was not at his best.

I find quite many popular performers and bands boring even when they are

having a good day.

Probably.

I could imagine being rained on would be pretty annoying I would probably be in a bad mood as well

Just stumbled across axl staring at the 92 banner. It's at 4.44 in estranged.

I think he's just gathering himself to start singing the second movement of estranged, and he stares into the distance where the banner happens to be.

But with the shot of the banner showing a much younger man, that look, and then the lyric he immediately sings about 'all the changing seasons of my life', it's actually a really poignant moment. And quite sad.

Was also reminded that he actually doesn't do a bad job of singing estranged either.

• Like 1