Did Prostitute live up to your expectations?

ColdHeartBreaker

Before The General was hyped and talked about, we had Prostitute. It was the song which got brought up in quotes and there seemed to be a real buzz about it in the fan base. I know some people were expecting a blistering rocker and were disappointed with the eventual leak. (Song 2)

To me it's one of my favourites from Chinese and perhaps in my top-ten Guns songs. Lyrically it is superb and the outro is perfect.

Prostitute is maybe the worst song on CD

I don't know why are so many people love here that fucking generic garbage (the only good about that song is the outro nearly the end) Other than this, Prostitute is a boring, generic, overproduced pile of shit

Come on man. It has drum machines, shredding solos, Axl's clean voice, which is better than his trademark raspy voice! It's not cock rock, it's an evolution of the GNR sound. Just look at the lyrics:

Asssossaaa

Whyaaaauuuchoo

Tooprosssstituuuhh

massaaahh

#fuckslash

I've run out of likes, so i posted

big like sir!

I really don't get the love for this song...

boring, uninteresting as fuck, overproduced

This is not a musical evolution

wtf is wrong with peoples taste?

I didn't have expectations for it. After hearing TWAT, Catcher, SOD, Madagascar, Chi Dem, Riad, IRS was pretty sure the album would be good. I remember Brain saying look out for Prostitute and heard something about drums, so I think it was what I expected, a kind of drum oriented rock track with a sort of dark Burlesque feel. But over time I got more what Axl is saying on it, so it has more impact than it did at first now. It's like the Estranged of CD, in 10 years it will be a classic.

It will never be classic nor will anything from that album. People's personal taste may cause them to like it but nothing on that album will ever remotely be classic.

Like nothing on Exile never became classic. When Axl is dead people see CD in a different light. And Prostitute will shine a light. Only in my opinion of course. Maybe you right.

Sorry but they will not. CD is forgotten now and will forever be relegated to "that shitty album Axl did after the real Guns N Roses broke up". That's the way that album will always be viewed whether it's fair or not. Fans here can like it or not. When Axl is dead and gone nothing about CD will ever be look at in terms of classic. It just won't. And honestly to compare CD or it's potential to be looked at in hindsight to Exile on Main Street is just grasping at way too many straws. CD will simply never be considered classic when talking great albums of all time. I know it's just my opinion but you can take it to the bank. To think otherwise is just desperate wishful thinking of fans.

the only way possible for people to view CD in a different light will be if this band now actually becomes something and releases new material that actually catches on with the general public and that causes people to revisit CD. Aside from that, CD on it's own is just dead in terms of cultural and/or pop music relevance. There's nothing classic about it other than the story of how it came to be.

now we wait and see haha

Only reason I didn't "like" this is because I'm maxed out. But yeah, +1.

Cd=exile on Main Street? Jesus...:lol:

Good song, but not one of the better songs on the album. I loved it at first, but now rarely listen to it.

Better, Catcher, Shacklers, Twat and TIL are really the only songs I still listen to on a weekly basis.

BUT I know that musical preference is all based on what we all individually like and prefer.
I wish Axl would release more music.

It is a great tune. Especially the ending, a perfect way to end the whole album.

It isn't one of my favorites but when the song kicks in with the orchestral synth parts it is pretty epic. And of course Bucket's solos are awesome with that drum part going on behind it

Prostitute turn out to be a totally different song than I thought it would be.... I was expecting something along lines of a more modern Rocket Queen sound.

That said I love the song the way it is. I liked it the first time I heard it. I guess if I could change anything about it would be to lengthen the solo toward the end but it is still a great song the way it is.

I also get so tired of people say CD was a failure and that is all it will be remembered as or it has long been forgotten.

So What, FUCK those people!!!!!! I could give a rats ass if CD sold 1 copy and that was me buying it.

It's not what every Tom, Dick and Harry think of the album, it is what me myself and I and not what anyone esle thinks of the album and what I take from it, is what it's all about.

There is no album that could have lived up to the hype CD had. Is this an excuse for lack luster sales, NO but I like it so it don't fucking matter.

I will admit CITR, Sorry, IFTW just don't get those songs for some reason and that is fine also. Not every song on most albums I listen to I like, as a matter fact there are no albums I like all the songs on it, the closets would be Metallica And Justice For All, followed by AFD as a medium 2nd. But liking 3/4 or so is to me a good album by my tastes and again that is all the counts.

I think its one of the stronger songs on the album. Although that whole long outro is rather unneeded.

Ultimately, its sort of a bummer that what I consider probably the 2 best tunes on the album, this one and TWAT, can't be played live because Axl can't remotely get them together. That's a bitch.

I think its one of the stronger songs on the album. Although that whole long outro is rather unneeded.

Ultimately, its sort of a bummer that what I consider probably the 2 best tunes on the album, this one and TWAT, can't be played live because Axl can't remotely get them together. That's a bitch.

He can nail TWAT on a good night.

He can nail TWAT on a good night.

Then that's a bootleg I don't have. And I have a lot of them.