Did Prostitute live up to your expectations?

ColdHeartBreaker

Before The General was hyped and talked about, we had Prostitute. It was the song which got brought up in quotes and there seemed to be a real buzz about it in the fan base. I know some people were expecting a blistering rocker and were disappointed with the eventual leak. (Song 2)

To me it's one of my favourites from Chinese and perhaps in my top-ten Guns songs. Lyrically it is superb and the outro is perfect.

Before The General was hyped and talked about, we had Prostitute. It was the song which got brought up in quotes and there seemed to be a real buzz about it in the fan base. I know some people were expecting a blistering rocker and were disappointed with the eventual leak. (Song 2)

To me it's one of my favourites from Chinese and perhaps in my top-ten Guns songs. Lyrically it is superb and the outro is perfect.

Absolutely. When it leaked and people were all upset claiming that it wasn't Prostitute, I was puzzled. I think it's a kick ass track and the perfect way to end the album.

• Like 2

Definetly. It's a fantastic song, I love it. I just don't like the production.

So, I made a Clean version, which I prefer: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/s6XfQVa9/Guns_N_Roses___Prostitute_Clea.html

There aren't so much noisy guitars, the piano is way up, the drum machine is cut off sometimes... Since I made that version, I've never listened to the original version again.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 2

Definetly. It's a fantastic song, I love it. I just don't like the production.

So, I made a Clean version, which I prefer: http://www.4shared.com/mp3/s6XfQVa9/Guns_N_Roses___Prostitute_Clea.html

There aren't so much noisy guitars, the piano is way up, the drum machine is cut off sometimes... Since I made that version, I've never listened to the original version again.

Right on. I've done the same thing with CD - CitR (so far) and I'm the same way. I listen to my own mixes rather than the originals whenever possible.

Absolutely. When it leaked and people were all upset claiming that it wasn't Prostitute, I was puzzled. I think it's a kick ass track and the perfect way to end the album.

Couldn't agree more!

IMHO, the best song on Chinese. I do think it could have been a huge hit hand the band at that time want to promote chinese

Always found it pretty "blah" when I first listened to the album obsessively in 2008-2009. I was of the opinion that "This I Love" should have ended the album. About a year ago, I finally listened to the album from beginning to end again for the first time since then (tracks from the album would pop up on shuffle every now and again, but I mainly put the record aside) and I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I loved "Prostitute." Brain and Buckethead really give it their all in the song.

Just finished. Who wrote and played the solos?

Pretty sure it's Bucket. Too lazy to check though :lol:

I wish Frank would've used the double-bass pedal when they played it live.

The double kick is a huge part of the solo breaks, absolutely agree. That was hardly the worst thing about it live though :tongue2: